What's new

One and Dones all day

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
I legitimately love one and dones and wish ranked was still that way. I just like popping in and out without much commitment and being exposed to tons of players. I really miss it. I still mostly play sets for the better players, but when I play casual I back out whether I win or lose.

Edit: Decliners on the other hand are total losers.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This is my first time ever being part of the online experience for a fighting game at the very beginning of its life cycle so this question may be easily answered by you more experienced people.
But what is with all the one and dones in casuals? Literally every other person I play gives it one match and then quits win or lose.
I see a lot of big lopsided records out there with tons of wins but when I play them the have no skill so I’m sure those ones are just trying to build a giant record cause they think it means something. But this game is already frustrating enough not knowing any of the matchups it’s hard to get good sets in to start to know these matchups. Anyone else having the same problem?
A lot of people just want stats not skill. You'll run into someone that will rematch you eventually. Or just find someone on TYM to fight.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Lotta fakes. I make people quit ranked sets on the regular.

For what it’s worth I will happily fight you for as long as you want on PS4.

Casual record: 162-208
Ranked record: 36-27

People stay in winning games and bail on losing ones because they like fake records.
I personally prefer to play against better players because that’s how I grow.
Also for a game about honorable Kombat and warriors, lotta quitters.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I quit when I lose 3 times and get a fatality (meaning I’m forced to see others mock me abd waste time on that bullshit, when I find out tournament mode is off, when connection sucks so much that Scorps teleport is safe or even plus on block

omooba

fear the moobs
the thing is people like u enjoy getting good at the good and can find pleasure in loosing
one and dones usually don't actually care about getting better, they just want to win

i don't know which style is necessarily better but eh, if u don't want that play ranked i guess

MuMuGuy

Noob
No one owes a rematch, deal with it. That being said, I will “Exit, stage left” after one match for the following reasons:

• I have to go in real life
  • I’m getting pissed off
  • The opponent is garbage
  • The ping exceeds 100ms at any point
  • The ping increases by more than 20ms from the matchmaking at any point
  • If there was a lag spike
  • I received an invite from a friend

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Unless you know the player or they're your friend... it's pointless trying to learn a matchup in casuals. No one is going to stick around more than a match or two. There's some kind of weird mindset in those lobbies lol

Ranked is better because you get at least 3 games. Problem is, it's a LOT of counterpicking which ALSO doesn't let you get practice against certain characters for any prolonged set.

Thus, the best way to get mu knowledge is to find someone who plays the certain character you want to face and do a private match.

xKMMx

Banned
I legitimately love one and dones and wish ranked was still that way. I just like popping in and out without much commitment and being exposed to tons of players. I really miss it. I still mostly play sets for the better players, but when I play casual I back out whether I win or lose.

Edit: Decliners on the other hand are total losers.
Lmao I love the last line" Recliners are total losers" couldn't agree more

xKMMx

Banned
No one owes a rematch, deal with it. That being said, I will “Exit, stage left” after one match for the following reasons:

• I have to go in real life
  • I’m getting pissed off
  • The opponent is garbage
  • The ping exceeds 100ms at any point
  • The ping increases by more than 20ms from the matchmaking at any point
  • If there was a lag spike
  • I received an invite from a friend
Lmao leave after one match cause of rage

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
What really sucks is playing someone in KOTH where they leave mid-match and it becomes a quitality... only to have some weird glitch break the room. Either that or it freezes for minutes until the next match.

Unless the connection is really bad. I feel like the minimum should be at least 2 games unless you truly had a legitimate reason for leaving.

What I think the game needs are simple notifications you can choose as you decide to quit out or keep on playing.

Something like:
"Good Game, Gotta Run"
"Let's play first to 3, or 5"
"Just want to keep on practicing"

Messaging on PS4 is too slow so something like this would be better I think.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Unless the connection is really bad. I feel like the minimum should be at least 2 games unless you truly had a legitimate for leaving.

What I think the game needs are simple notifications you can choose as you decide to quit out or keep on playing.

Something like:
"Good Game, Gotta Run"
"Let's play first to 3, or 5"
"Just want to keep on practicing"

Messaging on PS4 is too slow so something like this would be better I think.
You know what that would be awesome. one better one would be

"I'm salty AF and want to protect my record"

You always sknow when someone is leaving because they are salty cause they pick " leave to main menu" instead of next opponent cause they don't wanna give you the satisfaction of watching them back out

xKMMx

Banned
ITT a lot of people projecting

Random internet strangers don't have anything to prove to you, bros.
No ones saying they have to prove anything I'm just saying I never had this many one and dones in MKX unless they were new players with only about 100 matches and they were just not ready for the higher level competition. Those I understand to some degree. You don't learn anything from getting bodied relentlessly by someone three or four levels better than you . So yea you back out and try to find someone closer to your skill level .

xKMMx

Banned
the thing is people like u enjoy getting good at the good and can find pleasure in loosing
one and dones usually don't actually care about getting better, they just want to win

i don't know which style is necessarily better but eh, if u don't want that play ranked i guess
Thing is I like to use kasuals to get prepared for ranked. But I get it not everyone has the same end goal. Mine is to push my skill with my character and match up knowledge a little further in every match. I forget that some people are on there to just kill time.

lmao nah... there's a good chance a lot of this is on point. Especially when people have mics on and you can hear the salt during the match
Even if it is, why does it matter? Does this affect the health of the game or your enjoyment of it in some way? It is Kasual, after all. Ultimately people play for their own reasons, if they don't want to rematch because they don't like the matchup, want to fight more different characters, or have to go get some food out of the oven it's none of my business. Rematch is an option, meaning because it is optional: they can play the game how they want to, unwritten rules are for dorks.

I've won maybe 15% of the few matches I've played so far, and I'll rematch anyone endlessly until they get sick of wiping my bloody pulp off their knuckles. I find no reason to try and intuit why that guy didn't want to beat my shit down for a 7th time in a row.

A lot of people use video games to dictate their self-esteem these days. If these people win, they quit to quit as a winner and feel good. Those who lose, are mad about it and quit before they are dug in a hole even deeper.
Ish is pathetic man lol. str8 up.

They shouldn't have win/loss displayed. People won't play you if you have a lot of games listed. I only played kasual because the netcode is so bad I'd lose my mind trying to play ranked

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
First off, with the gameplay alone being slower, the KOTH matches are way too long just to play against a broken character. the game for me kinda gets boring after a while. Injustice had this problem too. It definitely needs a survivor mode and I dunno.....the death blow almost need to be sped up and take a bit less damage or maybe do some scaling. The thing that is nice to see is characters who have been MIA for so long and new characters that are few and much cooler in concept. I love having the option of changing the announcer's voice. Having Kronika's voice is way better than the standard one. (no offense to the actor). I would love for Steve Ritchie (mk2-3/shao kahn voice) come back and do it. I'd say they could use his old sound bites but there have been new characters since then. I also want the option to have Rainbow Kombat be turned on since this game is all about glamour. That feature/code in MK9 was exciting. I mean the game is clearly already self aware that it's death blows and moves would kill someone way before a fatality/brutality.