What's new

Oldies Music, who else enjoys it?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You have a son with Goldfish? O_O.

Yes, Cash is amazing. But, music back then had so much meaning to it, you can tell it had heart into it, I don't know maybe, I am being super nostalgic today.
no my son is 4 years old. Im not exactly sure where he heard johnny cash from initially, he randomly wanted to buy his cd at the store one day so i got it lol he likes Elvis too

Man, I love older music. It's most of what I listen to nowadays. Scott Joplin, George Gershwin, Satchmo, Nat King Cole, and Nina Simone are some of my favorites!

Speaking of which. Anyone here like Swing Revival bands like Squirrel Nut Zippers or Big Bad Voodoo Daddy?
(Apologies for being over-enthusiastic, but I loooove old music)

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
If we're stopping at the end of the 70s then I will just say... Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, credence Clearwater Revival, Black Sabbath, iron maiden, and the man Bob Dylan. Probably left some out but that's a start.

Bobzilla

Noob
Yes
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Rush
Genesis
Kansas
Frank Zappa
Camel
Gentle Giant
Pink Floyd
ELP
Black Sabbath
Coven
Black Widow
Led Zeppelin
Hendrix
Steppenwolf
Iron Butterfly
Deep Purple
Return To Forever
Weather Report
Herbie Hancock
Chick Corea
Jaco Pastorius
The Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Can we consider most of 90s oldies? Like, seriously, fucking Tootsee Roll is 20 years old this year.

SZSR

Noob
The beach boys are my oldest favorite band. But I love a bunch of iconic older songs from the 50-60s.