What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
If any of you fancy reading my thoughts on what his variations might involve based on what we know/have any ideas of your own that I haven't thought of, then head over here for some fun speculation.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/speculation-on-takedas-variations.48646/
I'm just hoping that 'swordsman' variation is "Shirai Ryu", and more of Scorpion inspired style than Kenshi swordsman style, keeping in mind that Kenshi, as far as we know, is just the baby daddy and that's about it. Not likely they get along or train together or anything. But the TK is probably inheritable so there's that. So he'd basically have a variation for each of his influences. I am remembering Takeda's early training in the comic being all about speed. Put that with a sword and it's all gravy.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'm just hoping that 'swordsman' variation is "Shirai Ryu", and more of Scorpion inspired style than Kenshi swordsman style, keeping in mind that Kenshi, as far as we know, is just the baby daddy and that's about it. Not likely they get along or train together or anything. But the TK is probably inheritable so there's that. So he'd basically have a variation for each of his influences. I am remembering Takeda's early training in the comic being all about speed. Put that with a sword and it's all gravy.
Yep, that was my train of thought too.
Scorpion trained him so I'm sure his sword style will reflect that rather than Kenshi's.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I have a feeling Takeda will play more like a Scorpion/Unique moveset hybrid. Can't see him doing TK "just because".

But then where is Kenshi and that moveset? Gone to waste? Going to another character? Kenshi returns? I have no idea.

trufenix

bye felicia
Takeda hates his dad and Kenshi's TK powers come from his sword. Unless Kenshi dies and passes it on to him (Another mournful variation, perhaps), it would make more sense for him to have a flaming skullface than telekinesis

trufenix

bye felicia
I have a feeling Takeda will play more like a Scorpion/Unique moveset hybrid. Can't see him doing TK "just because".

But then where is Kenshi and that moveset? Gone to waste? Going to another character? Kenshi returns? I have no idea.
There's a blind telekinetic in the game somewhere. Unless Takeda dons a blind fold in some variation, Kenshi is coming back.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
There's a blind telekinetic in the game somewhere. Unless Takeda dons a blind fold in some variation, Kenshi is coming back.
Haha yea I don't see how that much of a variety with unique moves can go to waste. They could easily use plot points to have him in the story with the older crew while Takeda is with the new generation in his plot points. And there really isn't much pointing to Takeda being able to do full screen TK moves and such. We both made similar post at the same time lol.

Plus there's that tweet. Somebody had to be doing that attack and it wasn't Ermac.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

It's not "just because". The casting call even says he has Kenshi's telekinetic abilities

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Takeda hates his dad and Kenshi's TK powers come from his sword. Unless Kenshi dies and passes it on to him (Another mournful variation, perhaps), it would make more sense for him to have a flaming skullface than telekinesis
I only neglected to mention that he 'hates his dad' because that came from the casting call, and isn't strictly official info yet, same thing on the TK from the casting call.

But Kenshi's TK abilities were never tied to the sword- he just used the sword with them. But he did gain other spiritual powers from the sword, it's true. Considering that the sword was the sword of his clan (and thus ancestors) I can't imagine why TK aptitude would NOT be inheritable. Frankly, I don't think he has to go 'blind' to use them, and I certainly hope his use of TK is not a copy of Kenshi or Ermac, as was the case for those two in Deception, for instance.

It's also entirely possible that Takeda will inherit the sword as well during story mode, or in the comics. We don't know yet. In any case, TK aptitude is most likely part of his character, otherwise there would be almost no point to making him the son of Kenshi in a fighting game with supernatural abilities. WIthout something of Kenshi's he might as well have been Forrest Fox, last survivor of the new Shirai Ryu.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's not "just because". The casting call even says he has Kenshi's telekinetic abilities
When is the timeline of the casting call? Before, during or after? Because if it's after there's plenty of ways he could have gotten it by then. If it's during then maybe the story has some sort of explanation. I don't know much about it.

His character seems so, different. When would he even have learned this TK? Given the trailers chance to show him he's doing Omega Red attacks. I dunno. I just think it's more likely to see Kenshi return than Scorp Jr out there doing Spirit Charge.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
When is the timeline of the casting call? Before, during or after? Because if it's after there's plenty of ways he could have gotten it by then. If it's during then maybe the story has some sort of explanation. I don't know much about it.

His character seems so, different. When would he even have learned this TK? Given the trailers chance to show him he's doing Omega Red stacks. I dunno. I just think it's more likely to see Kenshi return than Scorp Jr out there doing Spirit Charge.
It's set before. It's for the web series which will be a prequel to MKX.
Takeda will almost certainly have telekinetic abilities.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's set before. It's for the web series which will be a prequel to MKX.
Takeda will almost certainly have telekinetic abilities.
Wait. If it's set before than how can Takeda be "in his twenties" for the casting? Isn't MKX a 25 year timespan from the end of MK9 leading up to 5 10 15 25 years? Something doesn't add up. He would be a baby or something if it was before or early on.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist

His character seems so, different. When would he even have learned this TK? Given the trailers chance to show him he's doing Omega Red attacks. I dunno. I just think it's more likely to see Kenshi return than Scorp Jr out there doing Spirit Charge.
I'm kinda thinking they might just use his TK to allow him to do some physically impossible stuff with his whip-spears. :cool:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Wait. If it's set before than how can Takeda be "in his twenties" for the casting? Isn't MKX a 25 year timespan from the end of MK9 leading up to 5 10 15 25 years? Something doesn't add up. He would be a baby or something if it was before or early on.
It'll be set before and during then I guess. Each episode is meant to be giving a background to each of the new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.