What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi (Old) Quan Chi Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ketchup never really got a chance to get something going against Sonicfox because he was constantly getting pressured. Only thing I got from this is that Quan is SUPER weak on knockdown. I still think he will be good, but he'll be free to characters with good oki.
Yeah, I pretty much got the same thing as well.. He seemed to be a lot more comfortable in Socceror than Summoner, but I see LOTS of potential in both. That string he was using the ended with a little up kick seemed hella unsafe, but I'll test it out more once I get my hands on the game. Other than that I was satisfied with what I saw.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I honestly don't feel like Ketchup represented Quan Chi well in that set and perhaps we are all jumping the gun... I mean the guy was throwing out yolo trances and yolo portals and that unsafe kick launcher combo after knowing how unsafe it was. I think a little bit of panic kicked in after the first 2 losses.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I'm getting my copy tomorrow at midnight, as I'm working the midnight release. Gonna be in the lab from when I get home, to all day Tuesday, into Wednesday before class. Gonna try to find some slick shit. I'm hoping Warlock will turn out to be pretty good, and I'll be playing it for the swag combos, but I'll be using Sorcerer during serious matches. Gotta love the armor circle corner pressure.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I'm getting my copy tomorrow at midnight, as I'm working the midnight release. Gonna be in the lab from when I get home, to all day Tuesday, into Wednesday before class. Gonna try to find some slick shit. I'm hoping Warlock will turn out to be pretty good, and I'll be playing it for the swag combos, but I'll be using Sorcerer during serious matches. Gotta love the armor circle corner pressure.
You going to post what to you find? I'm looking forward to it :D

There were a couple of moments where Ketchup got a good rhythm going with Puggles and the runes, you could see the potential there, however briefly.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
You going to post what to you find? I'm looking forward to it :D
Yeah, no doubt. I'll be doing Warlock first, simply because the portals look fun as hell. Moving to Sorcerer next, with Summoner last. It's not that I don't think Summoner will be good, I'm just not a fan of it overall. That might change when I start playing with it, because I did enjoy Zod in Injustice. According to preliminary posts I've been reading on this site, it looks like Sorcerer = Summoner > Warlock? We'll see in a few days.

Ketchup played bad. Plain and simple. There was one point where he had Fox at low health and at a distance that would be perfect for fireball chip. What does he do?

Summon and whiff on an overhead bat because he freaked out that Sonic slid with Erron from waaaay too far to hurt him. Then proceed to wait for Fox to close the distance on him THEN FIREBALLS WHEN HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO HIM! Of course he gets punished and loses the round. :( profound sadness.

I can't believe anyone is dropping the character after a 2 day tournament at all lol. He have not seen the max of ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS.

mfkaoz

Banned
Not really fair to say Ketchup played bad when he had no idea what was going on. 2 days isn't enough to learn a matchup even if you play the other person constantly. He didn't know how to get back up on knockdown in the corner and it really seemed like Quan had no options. Remember they only had 2 days to play the game so of course someone that plays a more defensive style like Ketchup is gonna lose because he wont know which way to block on day 2.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Not really fair to say Ketchup played bad when he had no idea what was going on. 2 days isn't enough to learn a matchup even if you play the other person constantly. He didn't know how to get back up on knockdown in the corner and it really seemed like Quan had no options. Remember they only had 2 days to play the game so of course someone that plays a more defensive style like Ketchup is gonna lose because he wont know which way to block on day 2.
It's not so much knowing match ups... It was fundamentals that we're being fumbled, and the yolo moves he'd throw out and get punished for big time.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Yeah, no doubt. I'll be doing Warlock first, simply because the portals look fun as hell. Moving to Sorcerer next, with Summoner last. It's not that I don't think Summoner will be good, I'm just not a fan of it overall. That might change when I start playing with it, because I did enjoy Zod in Injustice. According to preliminary posts I've been reading on this site, it looks like Sorcerer = Summoner > Warlock? We'll see in a few days.
I'm calling it now,Sorcerer is going to be the least favored variation. People see a slow portal to give themselves a hit of armor and lose their minds..

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I'm calling it now,Sorcerer is going to be the least favored variation. People see a slow portal to give themselves a hit of armor and lose their minds..
I think sorcerer will be on of the best.

Also i think Ketchup played alright, probably a lot of nerves travelling overseas to play in the games first tournament. He had some great zoning!

Malec

Noob
Ketchup got hit alot by Erron Black's wakeup slide, while he tryed to summon the bat after a combo, I would like to know, if the summoning startup is just to slow for that or he just didnt expect the low slide

I just rewatched the match and like Shujinkydink said tournament nerves definitely got the better of him. Throwing out unsafe strings, yolo runes and bats just made him easy pickings for Sonic Fox. Not to mention jumping around at very inopportune times and missing punish opportunities.

There was a point where he showed off the spacing and zoning potential of Summoner very well, but he was clearly more comfortable in the Sorcerer variation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.