What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

his tools are ridiculous. amazing speed and footsie range, multiple zoning options, standing reset from every normal bycicle kick, plus on block elbow move, trident rush. im curious how this plays out, but besides kung lao and takeda he for sure looks like the strongest character.

Liu looks kind of effeminate and i miss his awesome umk3 noises and his variations are bland. Shinnok was a huge disappointment. But erron black was the tits.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
his tools are ridiculous. amazing speed and footsie range, multiple zoning options, standing reset from every normal bycicle kick, plus on block elbow move, trident rush. im curious how this plays out, but besides kung lao and takeda he for sure looks like the strongest character.
I completley agree. A 5 frame standing normal, a parry, great looking zoning, one of the best trap variations with his dark manipulation, 50/50 ender, IAPs, AND his strings hit low blocking opponents as seen when Paulo was hitting low blocking Ermac.

Mr. Kang has become the #1 character I am going to look at.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm so excited about taking the Dualist version into the lab. There have got to be some nasty setups hiding in those dark balls... Hmm, I was in trouble like halfway through that sentence...

AssassiN

Noob
Maybe it's just me, but dualist doesn't look like a variation I'll be playing much.
I'm guessing combo artists will be pulling of some nice combo's with the dark balls.
If you can get fully charged, pressure should be interesting but that could be hard to setup.

All I know is I've got the week off and I'll be putting in a lot of lab-time.
Dragon's fire and Flame fist look like the way to go for me.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Maybe it's just me, but dualist doesn't look like a variation I'll be playing much.
I'm guessing combo artists will be pulling of some nice combo's with the dark balls.
If you can get fully charged, pressure should be interesting but that could be hard to setup.

All I know is I've got the week off and I'll be putting in a lot of lab-time.
Dragon's fire and Flame fist look like the way to go for me.
I think the utility character loyalists will find in Duality will be that certain characters won't be able to reflect them and they will be a 'variant trap' for certain characters such as Kotal Kahn/Sun God.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I completley agree. A 5 frame standing normal, a parry, great looking zoning, one of the best trap variations with his dark manipulation, 50/50 ender, IAPs, AND his strings hit low blocking opponents as seen when Paulo was hitting low blocking Ermac.

Fire Fists damage buff still sounds crazy good to me. He's fast and he's probably going to be a 50/50 mix-up machine, so a solid damage buff on top of that is nasty

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm wondering for his Dualist variation, does he start out in light mode? I'd rather just start out in dark and get right to the killin. Seems weird to start the match at full health in his healing mode...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

I'm so sad I cannot play this guy. I was one of the main ones hype to see him and he looks so beast. Its just not fair lol.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm so sad I cannot play this guy. I was one of the main ones hype to see him and he looks so beast. Its just not fair lol.
Maaaan I know your sparring partner os going to be using him but daaaamn that is like calling dibs on the super hot girl in class because "I liked her first." You just don't do that shit.