What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

When was he officially announced? If not, why make this thread? Are we doing character threads based off wishes now? Should I go make "Havik General Discussion" and "Reiko General Discussion" thread as well? How about a few more characters I'd like to see in the game but aren't officially confirmed?
if you read the thread you probably will see the link where it is said that he gets a fucking alternate costume

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
When was he officially announced? If not, why make this thread? Are we doing character threads based off wishes now? Should I go make "Havik General Discussion" and "Reiko General Discussion" thread as well? How about a few more characters I'd like to see in the game but aren't officially confirmed?
Have you not been keeping up with current events?

if you read the thread you probably will see the link where it is said that he gets a fucking alternate costume
Alright breh. And to the guy who asked me if I've been following. I come here a few times a week. I do work full time and have 2 babies though. So don't kill me for assuming this was another assumed character confirmation without proof because there have been boat loads of them (wishes hoping to become reality). But if it is the case that he has a alt. costume in the DLC package then that's proof for me.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I have always been a fan of Liu Kang.

Really hoping his Klassic skin is his Bruce Lee rip off from MK1.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I have always been a fan of Liu Kang.

Really hoping his Klassic skin is his Bruce Lee rip off from MK1.
I think it'll be his MK2 look, since i can't see him not wearing his red headband, but his MK1 look would be cool too, we did see Raiden had his in the game

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
-STORY MODE: I am waiting for a mid-story mode appearance that hypes the story up. I can see Kang as either a "Quan Chi warrior" that gets free -after Quan Chi dies (I'm also predicting Quan Chi falls - It's been too long for him NOT to bite the big one) or just a scarified Liu that is neutral . He most likely WILL face known "good guy" faces and probably NRS will give the fans the Raiden-Kang showdown that has been built from MK9.

-VARIATIONS: Certainly one of his variations will be the classic Kang... Bruce Lee screams, nike kicks, dragon kicks, iafbs etc... This could be the more well rounded variation as well. I suppose the other two will be differed by his fire abilities (more offensive/defensive) like we've seen for most characters so far. I see fast normals -as usual- and a great revamp of the character gameplay-wise. After all, it's been 23years that Kang served MK as the good guy/hero as well as the Bruce Lee tribute. It's high time he walked away from that mold .

- COSTUMES: I guess one of three costumes will be MK9-style... Two new ones and obviously that classic costume that comes with the Kombat Pack can either be MK1 Kang (short hair, no headband, black pants) or the Deception zombie Kang for retro/"romantic" reasons.

I hope for a mature Story Mode presentation with SubZero-Scorpion, Scorpion-Quan Chi and Kang-Raiden rivalries FINALLY coming to an end.
I'm 32 years old and SubZero still dies game after game, Scorpion bitches around MK title after MK title and Kang being that bland guy that TYM people seems to be bothered with.

PS: Jax/Cage both die. I'm betting on it.

1st : he is not confirmed yet

2nd i m gna just say this - cuz i respect the others here - : there r more suitable characters to take the remaining spots

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
1st : he is not confirmed yet

2nd i m gna just say this - cuz i respect the others here - : there r more suitable characters to take the remaining spots
1. If he's not confirmed, he wouldn't have a 'klassic skin' confirmed for him..

2. Saying there are better character choices to fill the slot Liu Kang is taking up, in a Liu Kang subforum and thread, is probably not the wisest internet decision you've made.