What's new

Oh To Be Japanese

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Only in Japan people! Looks cool as shit, im going to hype this to get a scene going in my hometown lol!

Also, how the hell do the refs call this shit lol?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm bumping this to everybody I know.

I fucking love Japan.
Ninja Warrior, deathmatch wrestling, anime girls, and now this?

JAPAN <3

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Ah, good ol' Japan! Don't forget about this:

[video=youtube_share;R6Ckk2q97Lo]http://youtu.be/R6Ckk2q97Lo[/video]

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Japanese people can flawless you and pull off 70% combos in hyper kombat while playing with 2 fingers and a chopstick.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I honestly don't understand why Japan hates Mortal Kombat.
Heavily martial-arts themed (especially Deadly Alliance), violence out the wazoo, unique, innovative etcetera.
What bridge didn't connect between the two?

Can you imagine if something like that Mugen game came true (40 HIT SUBZERO HADOKEN FREEZE) and wrought a 2D SF-looking MK installment?
They'd lose their goddamn minds.

Someone needs to go to Japan and convert them. Much like indy wrestling, all FG roads seem to lead through Japan.

I honestly don't understand why Japan hates Mortal Kombat.
Heavily martial-arts themed (especially Deadly Alliance), violence out the wazoo, unique, innovative etcetera.
What bridge didn't connect between the two?

Can you imagine if something like that Mugen game came true (40 HIT SUBZERO HADOKEN FREEZE) and wrought a 2D SF-looking MK installment?
They'd lose their goddamn minds.

Someone needs to go to Japan and convert them. Much like indy wrestling, all FG roads seem to lead through Japan.
It's not technical enough for them. No one frame links, not overly complicated chains/gatlings/targets all in one combo with cancels, the motions for the special moves are way too simple. It's too slow, and it's not abusive enough.

If you want to see some insanity google up some HNK matches, that game is so out of hand it makes Mugen look tame, it's almost farcical how badly you can break that game. Of course that game never caught on here because it was too batshit crazy.

It's really a completely different place. Think of shooters here and then go look at some Japanese bullet hell shooters and you'll wonder what in the hell is wrong with them.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's not technical enough for them. No one frame links, not overly complicated chains/gatlings/targets all in one combo with cancels, the motions for the special moves are way too simple. It's too slow, and it's not abusive enough.

If you want to see some insanity google up some HNK matches, that game is so out of hand it makes Mugen look tame, it's almost farcical how badly you can break that game. Of course that game never caught on here because it was too batshit crazy.

It's really a completely different place. Think of shooters here and then go look at some Japanese bullet hell shooters and you'll wonder what in the hell is wrong with them.
WTF IS A FATAL K.O.?

NO

ITS EITHER FATAL

OR IT'S A K.O.

This game upsets me.

So basically, your average hXc Japanese gamer needs about 600 simultaneous stimuli, more speed than most brains would ever be able to process at once, and they absolutely love pain and suffering?

WTF IS A FATAL K.O.?

NO

ITS EITHER FATAL

OR IT'S A K.O.

This game upsets me.

So basically, your average hXc Japanese gamer needs about 600 simultaneous stimuli, more speed than most brains would ever be able to process at once, and they absolutely love pain and suffering?
Yep, pretty much! Even games that aren't as bonkers as HNK still are more obnoxious than MK when it comes to this. The Japanese like technical games.

MK is really a US thing.

Best way to explain its Capcom and Tekken are world wide. On crack fighters are popular in Japan and some in the US. VF is is popular in Asia. SNK fighters are popular everywhere that isn't the US. MK and soul caliber are very much US though.

EDIT- Fatal KO is an instant kill. In HNK you have multiple meters to worry about, one for supers, one for your dash, and your stars. Certain moves shave stars off an opponent. Shave all their stars off and burn your entire super meter and you'll kill them in one shot, fatal KO. It's not uncommon in games like that to see someone infinite combo someone to death the first round and then fatal them the next.

They also play a lot of these fighters....

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

I'd play that, what're you guys talking about? Yeah, the combos are huge, but they don't do much damage. The fatals are similar to Guilty Gear. It's really not that strange, Guilty Gear is very popular in the states. Plus...if anyone should be able to kill you, Kenshiro should. IF they made a Fist of the North Star game with gratuitous violence, it'd make MK looks like child's play.

Kenshiro is a bonafide bad ass.

Yeah I played KI, loved it, but it's still not as technical as the stuff from Japan, though it's far more so than most American games.

It's just different styles for different people.

But my main point still stands, you're not going to get any sort of MK scene going in Japan. And that's fine, it's a US game. It's ok for different regions to like different things! That's how we get variety in games :)