What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs NRS, Thanks for Fixing Jacqui Briggs!!!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Being out of range for a certain string isn't random. There are fighters where certain string will only work on certain characters if one is in their face.
What about it whiffing only when they're breathing out, or whiffing when they're blocking and ducking, but not when they're just neutral ducking, or the reverse?

It's not just character specific, it's whether or not that are taking in a breath specific.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Being out of range for a certain string isn't random. There are fighters where certain string will only work on certain characters if one is in their face.
Range and character don't even matter with some of these silly inconsistencies Jacqui will straight up mess a combo if a character is or isn't at a specific point in an animation when they're attacked or if they're facing a certain way, or other impossible to predict variables.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I think I've sort of realized what happens here. They bounce lower after a b2, idk if this happened before of it's new. But it's what's making uprockets inconsistent and makes a lot of conversions harder, especially in the corner. b2~low rocket also doesn't work in the corner on crouching opponents

This is starting to bother me a lot. Idk if I can keep playing a character with these inconsistencies until they're fixed

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So I think I've sort of realized what happens here. They bounce lower after a b2, idk if this happened before of it's new. But it's what's making uprockets inconsistent and makes a lot of conversions harder, especially in the corner. b2~low rocket also doesn't work in the corner on crouching opponents

This is starting to bother me a lot. Idk if I can keep playing a character with these inconsistencies until they're fixed
You can always use High-Tech.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

It's actually even worse than that. @karaokelove discovered it was due to where they were in their breath cycle (as the characters bob up and down as they breathe). They have to be at the very peak for it to connect ._.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
It's actually even worse than that. @karaokelove discovered it was due to where they were in their breath cycle (as the characters bob up and down as they breathe). They have to be at the very peak for it to connect ._.
wow i thought you were being sarcastic with that first comment, but you're right... that's uhh

I can't wait til MKX alpha version comes out u guise

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Yea like @Pan1cMode said it's even worse than that. If "MKX character Z" exhales it can whiff, but if they inhale it can land, so you have to watch your opponents breathing to land it 100% of the time. -.-

The thing that gets me the most is how can it whiff on crouching opponents in the corner, when the main reason you use B2~low rocket in the corner is to catch them ducking with an OH combo??? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and just HAS to be fixed.

It's even more puzzling that she's the only character in the game with all these inconsistencies in her moves.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
What about it whiffing only when they're breathing out, or whiffing when they're blocking and ducking, but not when they're just neutral ducking, or the reverse?

It's not just character specific, it's whether or not that are taking in a breath specific.
My apologizes. I can't read apparently. lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
If we're asking for shit can we also get a d2 that works? plz ;__; idk what Jacqui's doing in her d2 animation but that's not an uppercut, why does D'vorah get to shoot me out of the atmosphere with her crazy d2 and mine looks like she's swatting flies around her face and can't even anti-air people empty jumping at me..

E

Eldriken

If we're asking for shit can we also get a d2 that works? plz ;__; idk what Jacqui's doing in her d2 animation but that's not an uppercut, why does D'vorah get to shoot me out of the atmosphere with her crazy d2 and mine looks like she's swatting flies around her face and can't even anti-air people empty jumping at me..
"why does D'vorah get to shoot me out of the atmosphere" LOL

But I agree, Jacqui's d2 is fucking SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. It can't hit opponents on their way up even if they're right in her face. It barely even hits them on their way down. -.-

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
"why does D'vorah get to shoot me out of the atmosphere" LOL

But I agree, Jacqui's d2 is fucking SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. It can't hit opponents on their way up even if they're right in her face. It barely even hits them on their way down. -.-
While I agree, this is not a buffs request thread. Merely a thread to discuss the glitches/bugs Jacqui has, so they can be fixed.

As an aside, in terms of anti-air, I usually try and outspace and punish with my superior walk speed or use a rocket if I see them early enough.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
um, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't her x-ray used to literally just catch people out of the air and a really really good whiff punisher? Doesn't it have one of the best utilities in the game? I think that's why it was at 29%.

besides don't most people use meter for rockets anyways :DOGE

E

Eldriken

While I agree, this is not a buffs request thread. Merely a thread to discuss the glitches/bugs Jacqui has, so they can be fixed.

As an aside, in terms of anti-air, I usually try and outspace and punish with my superior walk speed or use a rocket if I see them early enough.
I was just agreeing with him, not asking for buffs. =P I'd rather she get fixed instead of buffed. Jacqui getting fixed would be like her getting buffed because her inconsistencies would be gone. :D

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lol yeah I get the point of this thread, requesting Jacqui to have a d2 is just wishful thinking really >__>

um, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't her x-ray used to literally just catch people out of the air and a really really good whiff punisher? Doesn't it have one of the best utilities in the game? I think that's why it was at 29%.

You can do everything you mentioned with EX bf1, idk why you'd waste 3 bars doing something like that anyway..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

You are wrong, it's been stated by the Devs already that this is a bug, one that affect like 4 characters; of course Jacqui is one of them ._.

Really wants to like MKX
Not saying it needs fixed, but when Jaqcui looks at you during her fatality....that shit is creepy af. Lol
Not to mention the weird dubbing. *Jaqui kills the opponent, face covered in blood, completely mean muggin* "AWWWWWWW DAMNNNNN ♫"

Seriously though, this thread makes me feel a ton better. I know I'm not good at the game but playing Jaqui makes me feel like I'm incredibly worse. Strange to me that I can pick Cassie or Jax and do ok but the moment I pick Jaqui I almost feel like she's an incomplete or joke character at times (in the Dan sense where the attacks are real but they're mostly gimped compared to others).

NRS games seem to always be pretty iffy in the start which I'd guess is just bad QA. Thankfullly games are easier to patch. *waits*