StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
For Takeda's issue:
-if any input overlaps the 1 in EXdb1, hitting 2 WILL trigger the interactable
-if the 1 is solo, hitting 2 will NOT trigger the interactable
Maybe I'm just late on finding this.

virtiqaL

Noob
If anyone was watching the TOTFC13 Regional stream, I fucked myself over from these input shortcuts numerous times.

Honestly, Takeda would move up the tier list just by having this shit fixed, frustrating.

Sami

Noob
Is this the thread where we bitch about the controls?

Scenario: Mileena, Ethereal variation, PC version (no idea if this applies to consoles).
Input: F12B3
Result: F1~Fade Away, which supposedly has the inputs of F1~FB2.

Take a moment for the sheer stupidity of this to settle in. Got it yet? If not, let me explain... the F1 comes out properly but then the game then uses the F that was already used by F1 and the B that was input after the 2 and combines them into FB2. If you do F12 WAIT B3 then it works fine but you risk input drops.

If I had to take a guess it seems that the game checks directions when the attack button is resolved rather than when it is pressed. The timeline of events appears to be:

1. Input F. Game reads it as forward and starts to move you towards the opponent.

2. Input 1 immediately after. The game checks to see what directions were input recently and tries to create moves from it. It checks what was pressed most recently (in this case just F) and then sees if any recent directions before that combine into another move. In this case there is only F so it starts the F1 attack.

3. During the start-up and active frames of F1 you input 2B3 (or just 2B). These inputs are stored in a buffer and nothing is done with them yet.

4. The cancel point for F1 is reached and the game checks to see if any attack buttons have been pressed that could trigger a cancel. The first attack button pressed was 2 so the game then repeats step 2 and checks for recent directional inputs. B was input recently (it was input after 2 but the cancel/input check happened after the B3 was input), and F was input just before that. The game puts these in the right order of FB and combines it with the 2 to create FB2 which is the command for Fade Away.

5. Mileena cancels F1 into Fade Away.
I could handle it if F1B2 cancelled became B1~Fade Away because at least it is only checking for directions that were pressed before the 2. But F12B becoming F1~Fade Away is just stupid.

It's not just this string that does it (input 12FB and you get 1~Fade Away, same with any other string with 2 in it) but as this string has F and B as part of the directional requirements of the string it's the most obvious one that gets affected by this. F12B3 is pretty important for Mileena too.

Oh this also happens if you try something like F12BD3 expecting F12~Roll. If the B has been input by the time F1 reaches it's cancel point but D has not then the game reads... yep, FB2 and cancels F1 into Fade Away). There's also the extra joy of doing F12B3DB3 (F12B3~Roll) and getting F12~Roll as when the game reaches the first 3 there's a chance the most recent directions were BDB and the game picks out DB and does F12~Roll.

And before anyone says it, training mode input log confirms the button presses are accurate.

If it wasn't for the terrible PC port making me rage quit this game the input system would've done it instead.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Trying to play tremor and if I input his db2d or any special you can aim after a string nothing happens. But if I input db2 and wait a bit then hold d, then the move comes out and aims correctly. The gmae's input system is counter-intuitive and I hope NRS overhauls the system among other things for Injustice 2.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Trying to play tremor and if I input his db2d or any special you can aim after a string nothing happens. But if I input db2 and wait a bit then hold d, then the move comes out and aims correctly. The gmae's input system is counter-intuitive and I hope NRS overhauls the system among other things for Injustice 2.
Extra directional inputs cancel special inputs lol. That's pretty damn silly when a command is db2d.

Xev

Noob
I had this happen again to me during grand finals at a local on saturday. It didn't cost the match luckily but it still sucks, hope something can be done.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I agree on this, a few times, strings have been cancelling into a interactable when in close proximity, which has cost me the round.
Νοt a few,always if you try Cassie's pressure string a shit will be thrown,it is ridiculous!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why NRS? Why you do this? No one properly do Takeda setups. This is worse than any complaints I've seen with SF4 input system.

I actually noticed the odd way ex and blocking accept inputs. You can actually start your blocking animation and then attack without letting go of block. Also felt like there was a weird timing on how you could ex things. I think blocking can't come second. You have to do either block first then button or both at the same time. I think however MKx does inputs is also messing up my throws. Sometimes I have to input it again cause only a normal came out, first game it's ever been an issue.

If you turn off Input Shortcuts it makes game require more precise directional input or? Are those two commands bundled in one option?

I want to disable XRAY move by pressing block and two kicks. Because xRax often triggers if I go into kick move from cancel on devorah. So its a bit annoying.
But Input Shortcut also says that game requires more precise directional input. What makes no sense. I dont see those two related. Or am I misreading something?

Could someone explain this a bit better?

Can we report this bug somewhere? Like send them a ticket or something?

Seems like I can not turn off xRay being activated when pressing Block+Front Kick+Back Kick.

It is really annoying and its ruining my experience :( .