What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Lol at people telling PC players to own a console to play a game they bought for 60$ like everyone else, and should be threated equally.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I can finally see an end to nights of screaming, banging my fists on the walls after losing to Inferno's, Mileena's and the rest of them online warriors!

E

Eldriken

I can finally see an end to nights of screaming, banging my fists on the walls after losing to Inferno's, Mileena's and the rest of them online warriors!
It's still gonna happen if you run into someone who you don't have a good connection with. =P

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Im clearly not talking about the tournament scene as I've stated. If you think online is the reason mk 9 lasted 3 years in the tournament scene i dont know what to tell you man
Shitty netcode > community shrinks > few people left to play the game > game no longer updated > the end.

SF4 lasted this long because of its updates and the fact that the game is arguably well balanced because of these (a lot of characters are played at majors, competitively). Updates and balance patches happened because online was playable enough for people to play the game for 7 years and still have fun. No way USF4 would have happened if vanilla SF4 had MKX's netcode.

Same reason why they want to update MKX's netcode now : they want people to stay put so that they can update / sell more DLCs and maintain what's left of the community on it.

If you think a bad netcode has no part to play in a game's early retirement nowadays, I don't know what to tell you either man.

I want apologies from every single person who has ever said NRS doesn't listen to their fans. Right now.
I won't apologize: it took them 9 fucking months to even begin fixing the bloody horrible netcode, the game sold promoting that it had online while at the current state it just doesn't...

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I won't apologize: it took them 9 fucking months to even begin fixing the bloody horrible netcode, the game sold promoting that it had online while at the current state it just doesn't...
Maybe they were developing a form of GGPO while making MKX. They couldn't implement it in time to coincide with the release date, so they went with the way they knew how.
Play the Devil's Advocate every once in a while; it'll show dudes a new perspective in life.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not sure if you realize, but in order for this to be announced now, it was probably started 9 months ago. Changes this major aren't engineered overnight.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, plus see how Ermac is now and be unsafe instead of safe. The amount of times I got blown up for punishing a blocked ex teleport was not even funny:)
That sucks, maybe you had bad experience or worse then myself with bad connections, cause when I did my tps and blocked I got punished badly lol most of the time at least. Of course I can't speak for others experience, only my own online.

Ermac as you know isn't exactly great to begin with so at least everyone by the time they finish will be on more equal playing grounds.

Did I add a doge face to my post? I was only being sarcastic, but the timing of it? No coincidence :DOGE:DOGE
Right...lol, whatever you say brah. I was told by other people that doggy face meant trolling post, not sarcastic but whatever i don't even keep track of all the emoticons and emojis now days anyway lol

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
On a more technical side of things.. I wonder if this newly implemented system of netcode will eliminate the region lock?

I have a few UK friends id love to play.
It's impossible to invite them? I thought uk just wouldn't he in the same "rooms" as NA and vice versa.
Calm down man they're joking. I know both of them who told me to get a PS4, and they're just messing with me.

Still really sucks that I'm going to have to buy a console to play MKX it seems.
I'm sure you can find a budget ps4 and tv somewhere. Ebay or something. Maybe a payment plan or something. I know it sucks though.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Not sure if you realize, but in order for this to be announced now, it was probably started 9 months ago. Changes this major aren't engineered overnight.
Worst thing is : people would have been satisfied with just something like "we aknowledge the fact that a lot of people are disappointed with MKX's current netcode, we are working on a new rollback netcode, please be patient, it might take a few months but we'll release a beta test asap".

Instead we've had ... no info ... for months ! ... and a freaking joke tweet to hint at GGPO a few days before the beta test !

Good thing NRS is great at making fighting games, because their overall community management skill is close to zero.

Error

DF2+R2
Imagine paying the yearly fee for Amazon prime for the 2 day shipping because it's really convenient.
All your packages arrive on time, everything's great, except these frames you ordered, they seem to be lagging. Weeks go by and no frames in the mail, so rightfully you complain, but Amazon is silent. I'm not sure where I'm going with this story anymore because I'm sleep-typing, but say you finally get your frames 9 months later, would you apologize to Amazon for complaining when you were in the right to complain?

Aramonde

Noob
So basically you're saying MKX was a rushed game?

When i buy a online game especially a fighting game i expect the online to be good at release not nine months later.

Again im glad NRS is fixing it but im not going to bow to Ed Boon and kiss his feet because their fixing something that should have done at release or they should have delayed the game.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
So basically you're saying MKX was a rushed game?

When i buy a online game especially a fighting game i expect the online to be good at release not nine months later.

Again im glad NRS is fixing it but im not going to bow to Ed Boon and kiss his feet because their fixing something that should have done at release or they should have delayed the game.
I would've cut my own heart out with a rusty spoon if I had to wait two days, let alone an unspecified amount of months to get GGPO incorporated.
I'm fine with the way events played out.
I think people just love to complain.