What's new

[Nov 24, 2012] Ultimate Gaming Spot Tournament (DOA5, AE, TTT2, MK, UMVC3) (Dedham, MA)

CRUM

Noob
Games - DOA5 (XBOX), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3), Super Street Fighter 4: AE (XBOX), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (XBOX), Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) :: Possible Side Games - Persona 4 and King of Fighters 13.

Fees - $5 Venue Prize - $10 (MAIN TITLES)

Times - Sign Ups/Casuals 1 PM - 2 PM

DOA5 - 2 PM

MK9 - 2 PM

TTT2 - 3 PM

SSF4AE - 4 PM

UMVC3 - 5 PM

FordCruller

Kombatant
I'm running the brackets/setup. I only have 1 ps3/game and would like to have 2. If someone can bring a second setup I would greatly appreciate it.

CRUM

Noob
I'm running the brackets/setup. I only have 1 ps3/game and would like to have 2. If someone can bring a second setup I would greatly appreciate it.
I will bring a PS3 and a MK Komplete Edition. I don't have an ASUS but I can bring a monitor if need be.

FordCruller

Kombatant
Sweet, thanks. We're all set for TVs. UGS has tons. Greg said we're most likely gonna get some stream time too. Woohoo!

Just what we need. As if there hasn't been enough MK commentators who point out the games flaws lmao.
I promise I'll only commentate the match, I'm not gonna use commentary as my own personal soapbox for whatever happens to be bothering me that day. I'm not Tom Brady.

CRUM

Noob
Bumping! LEZ GOOOOOOOOO

Quick Announcement as well: The tournament for this Saturday falls on the weekend of BLACK FRIDAY, meaning the venue lot will more than likely NOT HAVE AVAILABLE PARKING due to the increased traffic of the other retailers and of course METRO PCS. As I've stated in the past there is an available FREE PARKING LOT around the corner from UGS across the street from CVS. (Click GET DIRECTIONS to see) So hopefully this will help out with those driving over.

Also MK9 has been added to the line up to start around the same time as DOA5 and may or may not affect the schedule. As a precaution I'm bumping the games after to start a half hour later. Feel free to give me a call or text at 857.249.5188 to check tournament status as I will try to have things running smoothly and quickly as possible.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
I regret that I cannot make this. I have to shut down some shit talkers in flag football...

CRUM

Noob
TOURNAMENT RESULTS ::

1st. Steven B/ crosstalk (Johnny Cage)
2nd. Steven A (Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Kenshi)
3rd. OBS Deftonesrc (Skarlet, Freddy Krueger)
4th. NRC CRUM (Johnny Cage, Kung Lao)

Archived stream is available at twitch.tv/UGSLIVE

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Nope, I did not drive players over the cliff. It was apparently my character. maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.
So is it just me that has your number? I feel like I do well against your cage, why is it he cant beat you? If I had to guess, its because you have his lao on lockdown, and the gimmicks dont work on you anymore. When I play you as skarlet, that is the hardest for me, so I try to minimize damage and keep you in frametraps. I feel like doing high damaging combos that leave you able to do wakeup attacks can drastically shift the tide when it comes to cage.

CRUM

Noob
So is it just me that has your number? I feel like I do well against your cage, why is it he cant beat you? If I had to guess, its because you have his lao on lockdown, and the gimmicks dont work on you anymore. When I play you as skarlet, that is the hardest for me, so I try to minimize damage and keep you in frametraps. I feel like doing high damaging combos that leave you able to do wakeup attacks can drastically shift the tide when it comes to cage.
I feel I have trouble with Skarlet in general. She's a hard character for me personally to play because I don't get much MU experience outside of when I play you. He beat me before, and he did at the GU tournament that you didn't make it to. I had trouble with him until I was able to get in on him and expose his clear misconception on how to deal with Cage's frametraps. He was whooping me in casuals, and I really can't explain how momentum shifted in my favor. I utilized pokes to leave myself positive and he caught me only once or twice with spin during my pressure. It's all fine and dandy if he wants to quit the game, add another one to the list. But I just find it interesting that he wasn't as upset about losing to Steven B as he was about losing to me.