What's new

[Nov 10, 2012] Sodium Inc Redux Saturday (Jamaica Plain, MA)

CRUM

Noob
Brain Box JP will be hosting another monthly tournament featuring your favorite fighting games. $100 dollars in pot bonuses for SSf4AE and UMVC3. TTT2 $50 Pot bonus. KOF 13 $50 Pot bonus. For those of you who are not familiar with tournament days, the venue opens at 12:00PM on saturday November 10th. Tournament will kick off at 2:00PM. Bring your own controller or rent one at the venue. Controller rentals are limited so please post on our facebook page to reserve a stick or pad.(www.facebook.com/brainboxlan) All games will be run on Xbox 360 with the exception of TTT2. Converters are available in house. NO WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!

Games:
2PM Start Time:
Skull Girls - $5
Persona 4 Arena - $5
SFXT - $5
MK9 - $5

4PM Start Time:
SSF4AE2012 - $10
TTT2 - $10
DOA5 - $5

6PM Start Time:
UMVC3 - $10

Taken from Shoryuken.com and credit to Brain Box.

I hope to see some MK players at this. We should be showing continued support for what little of a community that we have.
CptXecution
Limelights
Deftonesrc
pickle keeper
nBe
blueNINE
FordCruller
Dramatica

FordCruller

Kombatant
I'll see what I can do. My band might have a show that weekend, but if not, I'm definitely gonna try to come.

Awesome. How'd you do at MLG?
Tied for 49th. Fought DJT's Cyrax and got rocked, then lost to Joker's Reptile 3-1. Still had a great time though and played a good amount of casuals. The matches are way more hype in person too.

CRUM

Noob
Tied for 49th. Fought DJT's Cyrax and got rocked, then lost to Joker's Reptile 3-1. Still had a great time though and played a good amount of casuals. The matches are way more hype in person too.
Good stuff, Claude VonStroke brought your name up in the Kombat Houston stream and said you guys played casuals. I'm trying to get some of the VSM guys out to this tournament: CD jr REO Insuperable Maxter

Reactions: nBe

CRUM

Noob
TOURNAMENT RESULTS ::
1st. Steve A (Kung Lao, Kenshi, Sub Zero)
2nd. nBe (Johnny Cage)
3rd. ShyGuide (Sektor, Shang Tsung, Kung Lao)

We had a great time. It was good seeing most of the New England players. We'll definitely attend the next tournament two weeks from now.

CRUM

Noob
We had a great time. It was good seeing most of the New England players. We'll definitely attend the next tournament two weeks from now.
That Cage mirror was intense man. Your AAs are naaasty. I had an awesome time and you guys really bring it. blueNINE wants his salty runback with other Steve. I wasn't sure of his TYM name so I just put Juicy lol

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I need to get a handle on cage and lao. I might have to use kenshi on cage. . . I just dont see any good options with freddy or skarlet. . . But in the end its all for fun anyway, so maybe i'll stick it out =) We need to organize another get together, and i'll try my damndest to get my friends from RI to come

CRUM

Noob
I need to get a handle on cage and lao. I might have to use kenshi on cage. . . I just dont see any good options with freddy or skarlet. . . But in the end its all for fun anyway, so maybe i'll stick it out =) We need to organize another get together, and i'll try my damndest to get my friends from RI to come
Sounds good. I'm down for casuals whenever.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Cheers to Brainbox for hosting a good tournament. It was my first time there, and I plan to go again! Huggins told me that they'll be doing monthly tournaments, and that MK will get a pot bonus next time.

TOURNAMENT RESULTS ::
1st. @Juicey (Kung Lao, Kenshi, Sub Zero)
2nd. nBe (Johnny Cage)
3rd. RPD Alex Smith aka blueNINE (Kung Lao, Skarlet)
It was actually some other dude who got 3rd. I got 4th.

"Sodium Inc." indeed. Congratulations to Juicey and nBe for taking it. I will be learning that Cage match-up. I invite you to run it back at UGS.

In any case, it's good to see New England playing MK again, and to see some new players.

CRUM

Noob
Cheers to Brainbox for hosting a good tournament. It was my first time there, and I plan to go again! Huggins told me that they'll be doing monthly tournaments, and that MK will get a pot bonus next time.

It was actually some other dude who got 3rd. I got 4th.

"Sodium Inc." indeed. Congratulations to Juicey and nBe for taking it. I will be learning that Cage match-up. I invite you to run it back at UGS.

In any case, it's good to see New England playing MK again, and to see some new players.
We rebuilding this New England MK Community from the ground up. It's great to see all of you guys making an effort to support the MK movement over here after how dead it has been lately. I will be trying to make it to the GU weekly casuals and I will be at the UGS tournament for sure. Gotta get my practice in before NEC.

By the way, we got some of our matches streamed. Here is the link to the archived game play http://www.twitch.tv/williamssessions/b/339124004