What's new

Normal or concerning?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Nightwing has a harder time with supes than you might think. But it's not the matchup that I am concerned about. I have no problem playing hard matchups.

It just concerns me that if the trend continues, everyone is going to go to those "Special Characters".
IDK if you know but Nightwing is my new main. I've played Wonder_Chef's Supes and others with him. Originally I tried it out from Supes perspective. It's obviously not a free win, but he definitely kan deal with him. I've used other characters like Arrow who's fastest move is their 7 frame D1's so they lose the trade with F2 after F23 Breath and whose back dash, even when timed korrectly, leaves him forced to block the 3. They are left with only one option (and having only one baitable option is never good), MB B3/F3.

Nightwing kan deal with Supes zoning as well, making him think or be forced to kome in.

We sort of have to use those characters at this point in the game. That's why I switched to Nightwing. He's the funnest character up there..

Superman is being upplayed too much, in my opinion.

People are just sleeping on other great characters like Wonder Woman and Flash and using newborn gameplans, so there seems to be a larger divide between perceived top tiers than there actually is.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
IDK if you know but Nightwing is my new main. I've played Wonder_Chef's Supes and others with him. Originally I tried it out from Supes perspective. It's obviously not a free win, but he definitely kan deal with him. I've used other characters like Arrow who's fastest move is their 7 frame D1's so they lose the trade with F2 after F23 Breath and whose back dash, even when timed korrectly, leaves him forced to block the 3. They are left with only one option (and having only one baitable option is never good), MB B3/F3.

Nightwing kan deal with Supes zoning as well, making him think or be forced to kome in.

We sort of have to use those characters at this point in the game. That's why I switched to Nightwing. He's the funnest character up there..
As I wrote above. It's not the matchup the concerns me.

Nightwing can really only do a staff slam on supes way down from an air laser. That's his only answer to supermans zoning. Unfortunately, if you are in staff mode, you have no mobility to go through any eye shots. You will understand once wonderchef fleshes out the matchup more. Supes doesn't even have to jump very high to cover his bases in this matchup.

Nightwing in Escrima and staff has options for the loop, but supes can bait and punish those options. This I am fine with because it's risk reward. Once again, staff mode will keep supes out of the air, but he can run away anytime that staff comes out and make it hell for you.

Up close, his f23 shuts down nightwings b2, his F2 (range) and forces him to respect supermans farther reaching normals.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
As I wrote above. It's not the matchup the concerns me.

Nightwing can really only do a staff slam on supes way down from an air laser. That's his only answer to supermans zoning. Unfortunately, if you are in staff mode, you have no mobility to go through any eye shots. You will understand once wonderchef fleshes out the matchup more. Supes doesn't even have to jump very high to cover his bases in this matchup.

Nightwing in Escrima and staff has options for the loop, but supes can bait and punish those options. This I am fine with because it's risk reward. Once again, staff mode will keep supes out of the air, but he can run away anytime that staff comes out and make it hell for you.

Up close, his f23 shuts down nightwings b2, his F2 (range) and forces him to respect supermans farther reaching normals.
Staff slam is what he uses at full screen and it stops his air laser. The good thing is that it makes him kome to you. Once at the kloser ranges you kan really mix things up and start using his Flying Grayson. Most of the time you kan just be patient and work your way through. F2 3 beats everyone's midscreen normals, but that doesn't mean it shuts him down.

Supes runaway isn't a big deal for me... Black Adam on the other hand.. F*ck that sh*t.

Sami

Noob
How to deal with it: accidentally choose a character that blows up a fair few of the top cast (Raven) but somehow gets fucked over by Bane :p

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Whoever used the term brain dead for Superman is correct. He's the most accessible, easy to execute character in the game and has almost every tool needed to win.

I dont think he needs nerfs, but he is a steaming pile of bullshit. Being stuck in F23 is the worst. You make the wrong move and you eat 45%. To me that's 10 times worse than Kabal's stupid shit.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Staff slam is what he uses at full screen and it stops his air laser. The good thing is that it makes him kome to you. Once at the kloser ranges you kan really mix things up and start using his Flying Grayson. Most of the time you kan just be patient and work your way through. F2 3 beats everyone's midscreen normals, but that doesn't mean it shuts him down.

Supes runaway isn't a big deal for me... Black Adam on the other hand.. F*ck that sh*t.
It doesn't tho. Supes can literally just jump 2 feet off the ground and do it. I don't believe you can punish him in time.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Supes is definitely a pain and I still lose to some extremely bad players. The main point of frustration for me is how little you have to learn with him to be tough to beat.

When we start getting some real superman players utilising all his tools he'll be even more of a pain.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
ITT: People pick good characters so they can win tournaments. I don't see how this is really a problem, any competitive game revolves around the very best characters, so this is really no different than anything else...ever.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
The only "bad" players I lose to online is bad Doomsdays. He is like the Injustice version of Kung Lao online

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
ITT: People pick good characters so they can win tournaments. I don't see how this is really a problem, any competitive game revolves around the very best characters, so this is really no different than anything else...ever.
Hey Hippo, long time no see.

The issue at hand tho...is that a game will not survive if top 8's are always composed of the exact same character/characters. Variety is needed for a game to survive. I just hope it doesn't turn into a three character game to be competitive at the highest level.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Yes it will. If a game is good, it will last. There are games that have been played that rotate around 3 to 6 characters for years and are played regularly. A game doesn't need variety in characters if it has enough variety within the top tiers.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yes it will. If a game is good, it will last. There are games that have been played that rotate around 3 to 6 characters for years and are played regularly. A game doesn't need variety in characters if it has enough variety within the top tiers.
Superman Batman Aquaman

Who do you put up with them?

One is a power house that omits armor. The other is a speed demon with great offense and quick trait (bats). The third is a character with impeccable range and a trait that allows them to have a breaker.

Name me a character that you would group with them.

Doomsday is certainly a peg lower, GL certainly is as well.

Variety is what keeps people interested. It brings viewership. No one will watch the Batman, Superman, Aquaman show for long.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Superman, Aquaman, Deathstroke, Killer Frost and Doomsday are super duper supermen/woman, and then Batman and Adam and GL + maybe two others I would loop into the crazies group.

That sounds like more than enough variety. Another key thing to remember is that no one is maximizing their own play, period. Ask any player right now, and they'll probably cop to not knowing all they could do. This thread seems really really premature.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
I dont think it'd be wise to make his F23 breath less safe (even though its advantage) on block so early. If you did that you'd affect not only his midscreen game but his corner game as well.

I don't exactly know what should be done about it, cause I understand alot of characters cant do much about it, but maybe allowing a backdash escape for a 2nd rep of it would be a better idea, that way you only make the mindgames midscreen evolve, and he keeps the corner dirt.
Say if you could backdash a 2nd rep, he'd have to start using his airdash to keep on you, making the options in his meta game expand, I dunno.
Thank you foxy. Some good ideas. He needs his stuff to stay top. Maybe they should make f2 start up at 9 frames. Might not help players online much but it will definitely help offline. They should nerf his zoning if anything. Oh and if NRS kanos Supes im picking up WW. She's hella good