What's new

Noob Saibot for MKX

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
im pretty sure we will see him in some shape or form, its actually killing me not knowing who the unlockable characters are, even tho i have my suspicions lol
Smoke is in the Story, he's not playable (as far as we know) but he has a new costume (good sign of being playable eventually). The article I read said this:
"Meanwhile, we see Sonya, Johnny and Kenshi enter an unnamed forest area. It is here that they are confronted by revenant Nightwolf, Jax and Smoke. Nightwolf commands a band of Oni to attack a group of Special Forces soldiers whilst Smoke (In a masked, new costume) engages Johnny Cage in Kombat, declaring "Smoke is dead, I am an enenra!"

Reactions: 14K

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
well you sound hella unappreciative.
I actually like the DLC characters(hell,i'm really looking forward to Tremor),and i'm still supporting NRS(MKX is turning out be a masterpiece,IMO) even if Noob doesn't make the cut. There's no need to be this aggressive man. This is just a petition,if you don't like it,fine. No need to shit on Noob fans man.
On a sidenote: Boon has stated several times that the final roster is 30,something characters(on one occasion,at gamescom he said only 30),this is counting DLC as well. It's possible that the final slot on the character select screen actually goes to Baraka,and Liu Kang(my big guess is that he's the story mode unlockable) gets added to the DLC row,like Cyber Sub-Zero in MK9. Or it's another character,or who knows,this is just pure speculation. It might mean more DLC(There was a thread on MKO,regarding a twitter conversation with one of MKX's producers,If I can find it again,i'll link it here. still,the producer only hinted at the possibility of more DLC outside the pack,but he didn't outright confirm it,so it could be nothing)

Ninja_of_death

dum dum diddley dum
Smoke is in the Story, he's not playable (as far as we know) but he has a new costume (good sign of being playable eventually). The article I read said this:
"Meanwhile, we see Sonya, Johnny and Kenshi enter an unnamed forest area. It is here that they are confronted by revenant Nightwolf, Jax and Smoke. Nightwolf commands a band of Oni to attack a group of Special Forces soldiers whilst Smoke (In a masked, new costume) engages Johnny Cage in Kombat, declaring "Smoke is dead, I am an enenra!"
LINK PLS

Ninja_of_death

dum dum diddley dum
Theory: what if that Enenra character is a clone like the scorpion or the sub-zero made by Quan Chi or Quan Chi could not perfect a smoke clone and he decided to brainwash him

snort

Noob
You people are spoiled as fuk, there's alot of great characters already. Theres no need to make stupid petitions for characters. You guys might as well make a petition to bring back the whole MK9 cast too.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
You people are spoiled as fuk, there's alot of great characters already. Theres no need to make stupid petitions for characters. You guys might as well make a petition to bring back the whole MK9 cast too.
We have the right to do whatever we want to do. We aren't going to war over a character's inclusion. This is just a way of showing we want X character in. That's all. Some folks take it to an extreme but some of us are more peaceful,and far more understanding of NRS' decisions. (even if they are a bit odd at times)
btw Elder God,there's no need to tell people what they should do(aka stop this petition go sign this instead),people are free to do whatever they want to do.

Noob
Dont get me Wrong this game looks fantastic and i sure hope it plays like it looks, Amazing. But Taking me back to my chieldhood the first thing that made me fall in love with MK seems to be the very same thing they "butchered" in this MKX, Ninjas and Cyborgs.

As a kid being able to play with as manny different Ninjas and Cyborgs as possible was simply amazing, i couldnt care one bit for the martial artists of the game ( Kung Lao, Liu Kang, etc..etc..) if i wanted to play martial artists i would go play Street Fighter ( note: this is not me trying to shit on anyones preferences or likings in MK, this is just how i feel about MK, to each his own), now ofc its good that some martial artists like Lao and Liu where around but i rarely picked em over such characters like CySmoke or Noob Saibot or Sub Zero. and that very same thing feels complitly "butchered" in MKX.

No Cyborgs at all so far, 2 of the old ninjas are no longer that, ninjas, ( Reptile, Ermac) and i feel we have an abundance of Martial artists around, and more keep getting added. i understand the issue of certain characters not getting added because they dont fit the story but bringing characters back to life that where otherwise dead seems to be something clearly very ok with NRS since 50% of the roster is revived chars... i just get the clear feeling MKX is to human, theres to many humans around...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Every kombatant I wanted to see return (Lao, Liu, Sub, Kenshi, Kitana etc.) did, except for Smoke. I'd trade em all if it meant having Smoke. One can still pray to the NRS gods though :/
Same here man, I love Smoke so much I'd trade a lot to see him.
I want a game with just one character in it: Smoke. When people play it would ALWAYS be a 5-5, everyone has equal moves, there wouldn't be balance issues or tier lists. I should be a developer... :p

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Dont get me Wrong this game looks fantastic and i sure hope it plays like it looks, Amazing. But Taking me back to my chieldhood the first thing that made me fall in love with MK seems to be the very same thing they "butchered" in this MKX, Ninjas and Cyborgs.

As a kid being able to play with as manny different Ninjas and Cyborgs as possible was simply amazing, i couldnt care one bit for the martial artists of the game ( Kung Lao, Liu Kang, etc..etc..) if i wanted to play martial artists i would go play Street Fighter ( note: this is not me trying to shit on anyones preferences or likings in MK, this is just how i feel about MK, to each his own), now ofc its good that some martial artists like Lao and Liu where around but i rarely picked em over such characters like CySmoke or Noob Saibot or Sub Zero. and that very same thing feels complitly "butchered" in MKX.

No Cyborgs at all so far, 2 of the old ninjas are no longer that, ninjas, ( Reptile, Ermac) and i feel we have an abundance of Martial artists around, and more keep getting added. i understand the issue of certain characters not getting added because they dont fit the story but bringing characters back to life that where otherwise dead seems to be something clearly very ok with NRS since 50% of the roster is revived chars... i just get the clear feeling MKX is to human, theres to many humans around...
4/25 is not 50%

Last edited:
Frankly there are characters from mk9 that deserve a spot more than noob, as well as many 3d era characters id prefer to see realized

Noob
Frankly there are characters from mk9 that deserve a spot more than noob, as well as many 3d era characters id prefer to see realized
There inst any character that deserves it more or less, thats just your opinion, all character deserve it, if you prefer another character than make your voice heard and express your opinion as to why, thats exacly what we are doing here with Noob

There inst any character that deserves it more or less, thats just your opinion, all character deserve it, if you prefer another character than make your voice heard and express your opinion as to why, thats exacly what we are doing here with Noob
Well that statement is kind of contradictory, why make my voice heard if ppl like you are going to tell me im wrong?

Of course its all opinion but you can't say all character deserve it, hsu hao, meat, mokap? really?

The roster is really disappointing in my opinion. I really had high expectation but it turned out really bad... I was wishing for Skarlet, Noob, Rain, Sindel or Shang Tsung.... I don't think I'll have as much fun as I had with MK9..

Noob
Well that statement is kind of contradictory, why make my voice heard if ppl like you are going to tell me im wrong?

Of course its all opinion but you can't say all character deserve it, hsu hao, meat, mokap? really?
Nothing i wrote there is contradictory, you just misinterpreted everything i said, besides i did not tell you you where wrong anywhere in that statement, what im trying to tell you is if you prefer other characters make your own thread listing why said character should be in the game.

If Hsu Hao or Meat where redesigned and rebranded i believe they could be good characters, the goffy sence of the 3d era made up for some really poor designs... as for Mokap thats not even a character thats just a spot filler and a very low effort at an attempt at humor from NRS.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Stunt double looks more like kenshi with spirit charge and rising karma than noob to me. Especially since there's no slide clone
Wow ..thats true as fuck...i never realized that good observation. And i was highly upset when i seen Johnny with those moves

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
FINALLY STRYKER CONFIRMED I can officially cut off the Ed Boon Death threats. CALL THEM OFF HES CAVED HIM. #gunbars

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Some of my favorite things in this thread...
The always lovely... Telling people not to do things and then backing your opinion by saying people can do whatever they want...
And the statement "I think there are too many humans"
I agree... Not pertaining to the game but just in general...