What's new

No one is getting MK X for last gen, right?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I'm planning to get MK X first for my ps3 so that I can play online with my friends since most of them haven't got their hands on a ps4 yet. Then I'm getting it for ps4 inevitably later on, but I noticed that almost nobody (if not nobody) will be getting it for last gen, especially here in TYM. The vast majority will be getting it for ps4. I don't think that there'll be a huge difference between next gen and last gen other than graphics. I already own a ps4 and played both the last and next gen version of some games and the only difference I noticed was the overall visual as I was playing through, and in some scenes in certain games, the ps3 version looked much smoother IMO. It was only a matter of texture, lighting and little details. In MK X, I don't expect to be a huge difference either. They are still using the Unreal Engine 3 and I asked Shaun Himmerick for some info on last gen and he just confirmed what Ed Boon had said before, the game will be 60fps in all versions. My concern at that time was that High Voltage could delete and cut some stuff off from the game in order for it to run smoothly on those versions, but he denied that, so...

What do you guys think? Anyone getting it for last gen?

Last edited:
I'd wait until release to actually compare the versions. No one is going to come out and say "Yeah the downgrade port job is shit, but whatever". Not that I suspect either way. I just wouldn't take their word for it.

Other than that there's a small chance I might. I'm either getting this for the PC or the PS3/360. I don't own a One/4 as there's literally nothing on them that I want to play other than the new KI, and 400+ for a system and 2 games seems dumb. Really it's just going to be figuring out which port is best, and if they all suck, I'll skip the game if needed.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I'm getting it for PS3. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime this year, but I can't justify spending that much money right now for pretty much one game.

I'll be playing it on either PC or PS3. I've owned each Playstation except the PS4 and unfortunately it's looking unlikely I'll want to buy a PS4.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I already spent my extra money for a next generation console on the Xbox One for Killer Instinct. So I am definitely going to get Mortal Kombat X on the Xbox One for sure.

However I am going to EVO this year so I think that I am going to get the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat X and get one of those dual compatible PDP PS3/PS4 MKX controllers so that I can train with that controller.

the majority of ppl on my PSN FL only own a PS3 so ye I guess tons of ppl will be getting the last gen version
same goes for IGAU 90% of the ppl on my FL are playing it on PS3, but I am on PS4 lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The only issue I see is the patching. Im thinking the balance patches are gonna come later for ps3/360 versions if they ever come lol.

Other than the I hear HV has bad record for fucking up the games.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I got a ps3 in the year it was launched, I think it was 2006 or 2008 if I remember correctly. In 2011, I experienced that infamous yellow light of death that those earlier versions of the console were having. I spent nearly the same amount of money that I bought the console trying to have it fixed, that problem just kept coming up again and again every time it got fixed, and because my ps3 was japanese, it was even harder. I lost interest in gaming for 3 years until I got a new ps3 in 2014. At that time I refused to buy a ps4 because it was too expensive, Brazil had the most expensive ps4 in the world actually, and also because nothing new in that console had impressed me that much, it wasn't at least 1 year since I bought the console too. When MK X was announced, I was certain that I was going to get it for my ps3, I thought it wasn't worth buying an expensive console just for one game, even though it was MK. But after I saw Ermac's trailer and that 99 out of 100 people were going next-gen, I just said ''Screw it!" and bought a ps4 pretty much for MK X. lol I'm still getting it for ps3 though.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
an expecting the net code for current gen to be superior.
I have a ps3, but am not going to risk it.
ps4 and maybe PC if the mods are appealing

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I'm getting it for 360 and Xbone. Simply because I have the 360 in my office and Xbone in my room. Plus I want to be able to use my old fightpad. But I'll probably mostly play the new gen version.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
PS4 > Last Gen...

Why is this even a topic?

The majority of higher tier compition online will be on the current gen systems. Additionally all tournys will be on current gen...

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
PS4 > Last Gen...

Why is this even a topic?

The majority of higher tier compition online will be on the current gen systems. Additionally all tournys will be on current gen...
In case some ppl haven't noticed, I didn't ask whether the ps4 will be better, will have higher tier competition online or will be the standard version for tournaments, I was ONLY asking if some ppl here will be getting the last gen version of the game. That's the "topic" you might be looking for.

Last edited:

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Getting mkx for the 360. I dont have current gen or online access, but i still want to play offline. Not dropping 600 bucks for mkx lol

macro

Eezeepeezee
I couldn't even if i wanted to because the last time i played Injustice my D-pad broke off my controller mid match and hit me in the face. Now i'm using it for a necklace.

So ya i'll be getting MKX for PS4.

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
I´m getting the PS4 version. But if I didn´t have a PS4 i would get it on PC.

Last edited: