What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Also the location is much better, but im sure the cheaper entry fee and shots help
And the fact that I get bodied at Next Level in Marvel, but can get 2nd place consistently at Mashfest is pretty nice. I think the "seriousness" of the FGC is a huge detriment. Yes it should be competitive, but some ppl want to have fun and perform pretty well, not win money and be cheap/salty all the time.

If Mashfest had more Injustice supporters it would be AWESOME. Right now it's basically me and Max. Occasionally Sai. Pretty much no one else.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
To bring awareness and support.
I'd suggest front paging positive articles, positive events an locals that are thriving

For example I'm a massive NIN fan. They're new CD IMo is extremely mediocre and is suggest major buffs to it Trent wouldn't do. Therefor NIN.com is not going to front page constant negative remarks from me . They will continue to focus on the upcoming tour selling really well and those remarks from fans who are enjoying it because front paging a listen like me and my views on the album dampens the current experience for others

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'd suggest front paging positive articles, positive events an locals that are thriving

For example I'm a massive NIN fan. They're new CD IMo is extremely mediocre and is suggest major buffs to it Trent wouldn't do. Therefor NIN.com is not going to front page constant negative remarks from me . They will continue to focus on the upcoming tour selling really well and those remarks from fans who are enjoying it because front paging a listen like me and my views on the album dampens the current experience for others
I front paged this to support Sabin in hopefully getting a much stronger turnout next week. Therefore, that is the positive side to this.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
"Party" gaming is definitely the way to go. Mashfest in NYC gets more attendants than Next Level now. Why? Because it's a gaming/drinking session with occasional $5 or $6 tournaments. It's at a bar with very few "pros" and each round you win nets you a shot of liquor.

that's amazing

Sabin

Elder God

Yeah that's why I didn't front page it myself even though I have access - since I didn't want to start any kind of negativity torwards the game/scene and everyone knows I'm not about that

I did make a thread b/c I knew everyone would read it though so hopefully something can be done. It's Storms call though.

E

Eldriken

probably the same case here in port saint lucie, lol. only ever heard of one local gamestop/play-n-trade tournament held for injustice, and that was a midnight release tourney. after that it's been dead for fgs.
PSL, eh? I used to work there right next to a GameStop. Well, St. Lucie West, anyway.

Do you regularly play? If so, want to exchange GTs and play some online games some time? I'm always looking for more folks to play on my friends list as to avoid having to find randoms online. Especially with Player Matches seemingly taking longer and longer to find people. I've been sticking to ranked 'cause it at least finds you an opponent relatively quickly, even if it's one that will obliterate you. I often get "lucky" and get to face the number 1-5 people.

PSL, eh? I used to work there right next to a GameStop. Well, St. Lucie West, anyway.

Do you regularly play? If so, want to exchange GTs and play some online games some time? I'm always looking for more folks to play on my friends list as to avoid having to find randoms online. Especially with Player Matches seemingly taking longer and longer to find people. I've been sticking to ranked 'cause it at least finds you an opponent relatively quickly, even if it's one that will obliterate you. I often get "lucky" and get to face the number 1-5 people.

i live about 5 min from a st lucie west gamestop (it's right near a walmart) and i've hardly touched injustice aside from a few koth matches in the past month, i just don't put time into the game any more. i've been keeping with mk for the most part, so i wouldn't be much of a help in igau.

REO

Undead
Who the hell is talking about MK9? For the record, I think MK9 is the most overrated MK game and it got extremely bland and repetitive after the first year. Stop all this "lol they leavin cuz it not mk9" babble. I don't understand why every argument on Injustice has to lead to MK9 in some shape or form. Just let it go already.

And for the people who seriously think I'm just not as into the game because I'm not that good. Please come money match me at NEC and put your money where your mouth is. NEC is just two hours away so there's no way I'm missing one of the biggest majors the year has to offer.

Man I have no issue with IGAU and playing it (neither does my bro), but I find it so damn dumb that we couldn't just play both and call it a day. I mean really, my bro won evo mk9 and almost won IGAU, I got top 16 in both mk and IGAU, and others did well in both games (reo got top 8 in both mk and IGAU), so what is the issue? 2 years for a fighting game is pathetic LMAO, sf2 turbo has been out for like 20 yrs and ppl still finding stuff, no one should be calling a game fully fleshed out after 2 years, that's absurd. I feel like it'd help so much if we'd just play both games, then everyone could be happy and we'd be helping MK10 when it comes out, with ppl just giving up on mk9 (or having no one to play with), that just shows that we'll do that with every NRS game, play it....new game comes out...... drop the old game...... rinse and repeat. Rant over lol :p

Who the hell is talking about MK9? For the record, I think MK9 is the most overrated MK game and it got extremely bland and repetitive after the first year. Stop all this "lol they leavin cuz it not mk9" babble. I don't understand why every argument on Injustice has to lead to MK9 in some shape or form. Just let it go already.

And for the people who seriously think I'm just not as into the game because I'm not that good. Please come money match me at NEC and put your money where your mouth is. NEC is just two hours away so there's no way I'm missing one of the biggest majors the year has to offer.
REO keeping it real, but honestly, I still think mk9 was the best mk (just my opinion because I was young when the older ones came out and I just enjoyed how big mk9 got overall).

Pig Of The Hut

You, cowboy, Rico theo and p2w are best I've played in injustice

I think the general reference to the "can't do well in injustice" is about JR not u

I'm convinced because of who u r as a person and your overall mind you could become. Professional clogger, country singer and gymnast

It's just kinda who u r. You succeed

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Real talk: NYC is a fucking BITCH to drive into. And this place is in where da fuck brooklyn, NYC. Even getting to it by metro is dumb. I went once while I was up in the area, traffic and parking raped me and didn't get there until like 3 mins before they started.
They had 2 set-ups, no AC, and it was expensive.

Everyone is super nice though.

Location is everything. The FGC for marvel and injustice is still fine and growing

Pig Of The Hut

BTW sorry for the typos but Idc my iPhone 4 is dying a slow death and my 5s doesn't come to late oct due to back order

Too lazy to spell check on iPhone

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lol, the patch came out, and frauds are getting exposed, this is the third day i've been reading all over the place phrases like:

"I hate this game"
" I don't give a feck about this game anymore"
"I could care less about the patch"
"Injustice is dead"
" rip Etc Etcdead"

dudes pls, i believe this game has become even more fun now lol.
Using interactables now has consequences
senseless zoning has consequences
Jump has consequences
MB B3 now is worth using
50-50 stage picking actually works
F23man now is Shorta23 man

Low tiers so far no complaints, ppl looks satisfied.

Even if i don't have a scene in my country i still play it, there should be around 3 more ppl playing competitively, so i can live with it, Tony-T live doing Cyrax Combos for almost 3 years.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
NY scene has always been about survival of the fittest/trial by fire kind of thing. Meaning it's all business lol.
Yeah -- the VSM scene for MK was more of a team/family spirit thing though than a Chinatown showdown vibe. So without that there's an element that was present last year that was missing.

Might help explain some of what's going on.

Lol, the patch came out, and frauds are getting exposed, this is the third day i've been reading all over the place phrases like:

"I hate this game"
" I don't give a feck about this game anymore"
"I could care less about the patch"
"Injustice is dead"
" rip Etc Etcdead"

dudes pls, i believe this game has become even more fun now lol.
Using interactables now has consequences
senseless zoning has consequences
Jump has consequences
MB B3 now is worth using
50-50 stage picking actually works
F23man now is Shorta23 man

Low tiers so far no complaints, ppl looks satisfied.

Even if i don't have a scene in my country i still play it, there should be around 3 more ppl playing competitively, so i can live with it, Tony-T live doing Cyrax Combos for almost 3 years.
I don't think anyone is getting exposed or etc. I actually believe that if we were all just playing both games, we'd probably be having more fun overall and not arguing so much. It is like Democrats vs Republicans in this piece lol, that isn't good.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Is VSM really dead? I though the slaughterhouse thing was still getting good numbers, no?
The slaughterhouse in NJ that Andrew and I have been running with Shock have nothing to do with VSM. VSM itself at the gamers edge, weekly thursdays is dead. The monthlies we've been doing are very much alive.

I think it's pretty dumb to claim Injustice is dead when people didn't even go to VSM, it's the people just being careless and or lazy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Man I have no issue with IGAU and playing it (neither does my bro), but I find it so damn dumb that we couldn't just play both and call it a day. I mean really, my bro won evo mk9 and almost won IGAU, I got top 16 in both mk and IGAU, and others did well in both games (reo got top 8 in both mk and IGAU), so what is the issue? 2 years for a fighting game is pathetic LMAO, sf2 turbo has been out for like 20 yrs and ppl still finding stuff, no one should be calling a game fully fleshed out after 2 years, that's absurd. I feel like it'd help so much if we'd just play both games, then everyone could be happy and we'd be helping MK10 when it comes out, with ppl just giving up on mk9 (or having no one to play with), that just shows that we'll do that with every NRS game, play it....new game comes out...... drop the old game...... rinse and repeat. Rant over lol :p
I feel you on this, but SF2Turbo isn't at majors, isn't even a side tournament most of the time, doesn't have many known teams; SF is the most historic fighting game franchise, but there are still probably as many people that play MK9 competitively in some countries as the people that play SF2 competitively here.

SF2 will always have a constant nostalgia factor as the game that basically set the paradigm for the modern competitive fighting game and created the scene that we still enjoy a part of today. It's the beginning of the "fundamentals" that everyone likes to quote and adhere to.

A lot of people had issues with MK9 to begin with, and I think it served its time valiantly and actually lasted pretty long for a game in the modern era that doesn't receive continued support (3 EVOs? that's a big deal and it went out in style).

I say, let people play what they want to play. Do whatever makes them happy. If that's both, then fine; but if putting all of their effort into 1 game is what makes them happy, why beat them up about it?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't think anyone is getting exposed or etc. I actually believe that if we were all just playing both games, we'd probably be having more fun overall and not arguing so much. It is like Democrats vs Republicans in this piece lol, that isn't good.
I understand your point of view, its a matter of preference tho, you can't force them to play what they don't want to.

In my country there is this saying: "Preference can't be arguable" 90% of the players prefer MK9 over Injustice due its games mechanics, so lots of ppl still play MK9 and call Injustice Scrubby.

Yet, are those who dropped MK9 and are focused on Injustice, because they're tired of being Sub-Zeros and have to fight Kabals on daily basis, seeing Skarlet winning every tournament, Cyrax getting all Nº2 spots. However the injustice players are reduced to a number of two maybe 3 ppl.
I think i'm the only who is actually playing both games.

I can't force them to play a game they don't want to, while some are undecided i'm trying whatever it comes down, Inj, SF, MK9, TTT2, Anything, at least until Mk10 comes out.;)

I understand your point of view, its a matter of preference tho, you can't force them to play what they don't want to.

In my country there is this saying: "Preference can't be arguable" 90% of the players prefer MK9 over Injustice due its games mechanics, so lots of ppl still play MK9 and call Injustice Scrubby.

Yet, are those who dropped MK9 and are focused on Injustice, because they're tired of being Sub-Zeros and have to fight Kabals on daily basis, seeing Skarlet winning every tournament, Cyrax getting all Nº2 spots. However the injustice players are reduced to a number of two maybe 3 ppl.
I think i'm the only who is actually playing both games.

I can't force them to play a game they don't want to, while some are undecided i'm trying whatever it comes down, Inj, SF, MK9, TTT2, Anything, at least until Mk10 comes out.;)
actually there are some who still play (or are willing to play both). Me and my bro will always be willing to play mk9 no matter what, and i'm sure others are as well. Yeah I understand what you mean, I dnt want to force ppl to play both, but it'd be better overall for us as a community to play both because it'll give mk10 good rep when it comes out. I want mk10 to EXPLODE on the scene when it comes out, and this separation we have is not good.

I feel you on this, but SFTurbo isn't at majors, isn't even a side tournament most of the time, doesn't have many known teams; SF is the most historic fighting game franchise, but there are still probably as many people that play MK9 competitively in some countries as the people that play SF2 competitively here.

SF2 will always have a constant nostalgia factor as the game that basically set the paradigm for the modern competitive fighting game and created the scene that we still enjoy a part of today. It's the beginning of the "fundamentals" that everyone likes to quote and adhere to.

A lot of people had issues qith MK9 to begin with, and I think it served its time valiantly and actually lasted pretty long for a game in the modern era that doesn't receive continued support (3 EVOs? that's a big deal and it went out in style).

I say, let people play what they want to play. Do whatever makes them happy. If that's both, then fine; but if putting all of their effort into 1 game is what makes them happy, why beat them up about it?
i'm not beating ppl up about not playing both, but I find it quite hilarious that many were like (yeah we'll play both), then when IGAU comes out, many just pushed mk9 to the side. That's my problem (and I know it is the problem of others) with the IGAU and MK9 situation. If ppl want to play one game, go on ahead, but me and others are getting tired of the mk9 vs IGAU debates on TYM all the time lol, it's getting redundant, repetitive, and old now.