What's new

No chip damage the last 5% of health?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Well if has to stay id say then all chip hits should be one percent because i understand mk is offensive, but mk9 is a whole different ball park

People like Skarlett who can do an easy 45 then reset you and do ridiculous amounts of chip is freaking nonsense

my final say would be
All chip hits are 1%, this would def be fair
Blockstrings should only be elongated with meter

Believe it or not, you can get a jip if the situation is right. And like the OP said, if he's down to his last 5% and I do this, i win. What are you talking about " i can AA this" so you have the ability to AA every cross over, every jip, no matter what the situation?

I've nothing against chip-outs. If there was no chip damage, this game would turn into SSF IV which would suck.
Yes I AA everything. I am like a stringer missle.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK is all about Chipping gameplay its part of the game since the 1st so leave it be.

This exacly to avoid dudes who blocks forever.

Kay, I can just stay blocking 100% of the time, waiting to tech throws as well, and I'll wait until you jump so I can anti air, punish a move that leaves you vulnerable, and can you imagine if I had 5% health and my opponent had like 3 or 2% due to a combo I hit him in.

Why would I ever want to let go of block? I'll just time him out and tech any throws if need be. No thanks.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
its clear what this guy is saying. take a breath and calm down. its an interesting idea and i dont think he truly means the game should be changed in any such way as he is proposing. simply think about the concept. what if you can't be chipped out of your 1%? what if characters had different meter building : chip damage ratios? before you bite someones head off and get all defensive and hardcore and elite about how amazing mortal kombat is, pull your head out for 5 seconds and just imagine. 5 seconds is all it took for me. 5 seconds of my time i thought "you know it could be cool if that happened." then i moved on and played mortal kombat.

undeadturkey

EarthRealm Warrior
Im fine with the chip. It's been there since the beginning and it's how mortal kombat is. It creates a good pressure game and it makes people have to stay on their toes. Maybe not being able to be killed by a normal's chip damage would be cool though.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Chip damage is a large part of aggressive play. Without chip damage you could just fuzzy block aggressive characters like Kung Lao and Kabal and have no penalty for it. Chip damage is what motivates people to stop blocking and get the fuck out of your opponent's blockstrings. And since they are trying to get out, the opponent has to try to stay in. Thats a really large part of the game, and its fun to make reads when the opponent will try to hit back or try to jump out of your pressure.

Without chip damage pressure would be nonexistent. It would create less hype matches imo, cause you can just block for as long as you want. !% or 10% doesnt matter, i dont like it.
This.

I personally wouldn't want no chip damage. As SunnyD said, it's a big part in this game , and a big part for some of the cast's game. (think Cage)
As for lowering it, I wouldn't even want that. I wouldn't mind it, just don't want it.

its clear what this guy is saying. take a breath and calm down. its an interesting idea and i dont think he truly means the game should be changed in any such way as he is proposing. simply think about the concept. what if you can't be chipped out of your 1%? what if characters had different meter building : chip damage ratios? before you bite someones head off and get all defensive and hardcore and elite about how amazing mortal kombat is, pull your head out for 5 seconds and just imagine. 5 seconds is all it took for me. 5 seconds of my time i thought "you know it could be cool if that happened." then i moved on and played mortal kombat.
I did and I didn't like the idea.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Maybe not being able to be killed by a normal's chip damage would be cool though.
That's all I was saying. Some of you sound so defensive as if I said HEY THERE SHOULD BE NO CHIP DAMAGE AT ALL, which is totally NOT what I said.

But okay, general consensus is that the original idea was shitty. I still think it would be interesting to have characters (even just one) who took almost no chip damage, but it would give YOU, THE AGGRESIVE PLAYER, a ton of meter.

I don't see the problem with EXPERIMENTING with the chip damage mechanic, especially seeing how it's such a huge deal in MK when even normals do chip. All the more reason to play with it. Character variety is a huge reason why MK is MK, and saying that the chip system shouldn't be touched at all doesn't make any sense to me. It would just be another part of character balance instead of being uniform all around.

It's as if some of you don't even read the thread before posting or apply basic reading comprehension skills. Calm your fucking tits.

undeadturkey

EarthRealm Warrior
That's all I was saying. Some of you sound so defensive as if I said HEY THERE SHOULD BE NO CHIP DAMAGE AT ALL, which is totally NOT what I said.

But okay, general consensus is that the original idea was shitty. I still think it would be interesting to have characters (even just one) who took almost no chip damage, but it would give YOU, THE AGGRESIVE PLAYER, a ton of meter.

I don't see the problem with EXPERIMENTING with the chip damage mechanic, especially seeing how it's such a huge deal in MK when even normals do chip. All the more reason to play with it. Character variety is a huge reason why MK is MK, and saying that the chip system shouldn't be touched at all doesn't make any sense to me. It would just be another part of character balance instead of being uniform all around.

It's as if some of you don't even read the thread before posting or apply basic reading comprehension skills. Calm your fucking tits.
I can agree with that. Sometimes its annoying watching your life bar drop to 0 in the corner when things were going you way and then jax or cage is beating your ass with chip. lol

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'd like it if I could do the chip damage & my opponent could'nt, Suit me right down to the ground.

Also while we are at it, can I get my opponent to use his feet instead of hands? I might be able to win a round then.

Chip has got to stay. I want to be rewarded for getting to my opponent, and they need to have a reason to keep me out. This is part of why I love mk over other fighting games, agression is rewarded.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2