What's new

NO CHARGE! The Kano combo video +match video thread

I$AAC

Noob
I remember a while back someone saying that there isnt much footage of Kano play in tourney. I figured this thread would be a good place to start.

starts at 4:34

This was my Kano from an MK exclusiv tourney we had in FL. I played from 1:18 till the end of the stream which is grand finals (where I get blown up by Nightwolf :( ) This will also be a place for other to put their vids as well that way they arent scattered all over the Kano boards!

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Thank you for posting. I'm picking up Kano, and I've been a little sketchy on how to "get in".
One of our locals has played Kano from the 1st week on, but he pretty much zones all day and
hasn't really been one to rushdown at all, so this really opened my eyes on how to go about things.

One question though. As important as Kano's Xray is, when is a good time to actually blow a bar for combo damage?
It seems like the combos I use never break 40 w/ or w/o the meter so I'm not seeing much sense in it.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
One question though. As important as Kano's Xray is, when is a good time to actually blow a bar for combo damage?
It seems like the combos I use never break 40 w/ or w/o the meter so I'm not seeing much sense in it.
you should (ideally) save Kano's meter solely for combo breakers and his x-ray. i use ex-airball a lot but that's because i'm a shitty player ^_^ adding meter into his combos is 1) risky, because the inputs are -tight- and 2) only adding a few % of damage, not worth losing your x-ray or breaker for.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Since the Devastation 2011 videos have come in, I have 2 where I play Kano. I've since stopped using Kano, but it's nice to have vids to improve your play regardless of character.

Vs. Wonder_Chef

Vs. AU RIP

And yes...I jumped a lot lol. Was nervous x)

I$AAC

Noob

I made this vid tonight. This vid was going to be part of a guide that I'm in the middle of writing. Hope you guys enjoy this!

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I made this vid tonight. This vid was going to be part of a guide that I'm in the middle of writing. Hope you guys enjoy this!
Diggin' it man, keep it coming.
Gonna work on that 3x Ex Knife shenanigans just to piss off the locals ^_^
(Yes I realize they're highly impractical)

I$AAC

Noob
The next video I'm putting up will be all of kano's defensive options( anti-air combos, crossup defense, interrupting strings with upball/X-ray, anti-zoning, etc.)

I know a good bit about Kano's oki game, though some of you guys might already know a lot,. I won't make a vid since it will be terrible quality so I'll just post the info and let you make it.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
@ 14:30, vs. Walker (noob), CyusStrike (sub), Walker again, and CyusStrike again.
@ 29:30, vs. BeerGuyEd (kitana) and Viper (freddy)
@ 47:00, vs. Pig of the Hut (kenshi) and again @ 53:00
@ 1:20:45, vs. Lord of the Fly (raiden), casual match
http://www.twitch.tv/atlmk/b/306863798

@ 16:00, vs. Lord of the Fly (nightwolf), D-Que Beats (cyrax), and Lord of the Fly again... then
@ 31:40, vs. Lord of the Fly once more.
http://www.twitch.tv/atlmk/b/306870953

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/308076000
0:36:00 vs GDF (Kung Lao, Noob)
1:29:00 vs Warrgarrbl (Rain)
1:44:00 vs Tre Pound (Kitana)
2:38:40 vs Walker (Kano mirror)
3:22:00 vs ATL_Redd (Smoke)
and then after some confusion
3:29:00 vs Lord of the Fly (Nightwolf)

and then from about 4 hours on, you can listen to Clint the Beast drunk as FUCK rambling for an hour about being salty and shooting people.

edit: i guess this video has been removed :( s'pose i'll have to start saving the stream archives and uploading the matches to youtube myself

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
vs Lord of the Fly at the last Battle and Brew tourney
i didn't QUITE clutch it out :[ (hella fucking close) but check out 5:05 for some sexy shit

something i'd like to add about this matchup; there aren't very many high level nightwolf players out there but you should _never_ get hit by a lightning after you get knocked down. nightwolf has a few options after a shoulder, but his most damaging is to exlightning you, and the only escape is (for everyone except kano) an armored move. for whatever reason, lightning won't hit kano if he balls, and it's slow enough to see, so you should be doing balls everytime you see the lightning start up.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
there probably won't be any for a while! if Spooky uploads his stuff from PowerUp you'll see my few matches here but i really don't play this game anymore outside of tourneys.