What's new

General/Other No Changes Confirmed

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Staff is very, very easy to block against. It's not just in theory that you wait for the overhead, it's what happens. In my mirrors with NightwingDayZero I would block staff in the corner over and over until I could find a way out, and I never needed to push block because all of his pressure is easy to react to besides maybe 1f2. Escrima has tools to make your opponent guess more than staff does, but the thing that makes NW strong is his ability to create offense with both stances simultaneously.

Escrima's mixup potential and offense is much more long term than staff's, and a use of both is obviously the answer most NW players need to get to. Push blocking against escrima is a bad answer for it, since very few of it's offense tools are plus enough for NW to continue pressure after anyway. It's the frame advantage staff has that allows it to continue pressure that makes people want to push block it.

Wasted

Noob
Mirrors mean nothing, Sajam. You play against one player long enough and you'll catch on to their habits and when they'll do stuff. We see it in your videos when you make the right calls in your commentary. And honestly, man, you thrash the shit out of NDZ. It honestly doesn't even count when you can read him like a book.

I really have to call bullshit when you say 1F2 is the hardest thing to react to. 1F1 is almost twice as fast. If people can continually block staff, then their offense is predictable.

Pushblocking is great against Escrima, depending on the character. You don't want Escrima in your face, safe or not. Escrima has almost no unsafe strings aside from 11. Sure, it has a more than a few interruptable setups, but being able to interrupt something doesn't make it unsafe.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Uh, you don't have to react and block 1f2. You can take the knockdown and roll/wake up through whatever he does next. You don't have to pick which one you react to, you can choose to eat the overhead instead of the 40% damage. I haven't played mirrors with just NWDZ, I've played mirrors with lots of NW players including a local NW players who is ridiculously good, and I never have a problem blocking staff offense.

No character should be letting you swing freely in escrima. He has plus strings, but he is very rarely in a position to use them like his offensive tools in staff. If you do ever make someone block something like d12 or 112, then the mixup option you can get are significantly better than staff's options, since staff really only has a low starter into offense, or a ridiculously slow overhead.

Staff is a tool that's useful in certain matchups, the corner, and when people aren't used to it at all. I see staff as a useful zoning tool/corner lockdown in the majority of matchups. It works well against people who have 0 idea of how to block NW, and because of that staff was very easy to gimmick people out with at the start of this game since people didn't understand it's pressure or know what to block. The game is evolving, and NW players need to as well.

AssassiN

Noob
Bane gains projectile immunity at level 3 venom on specials. Wingdings still hit. They do not count as projectiles.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Are you a 100% sure about that?
I know for a fact that Staff Pound isn't seen as a projectile, but Wing Dings...

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Can she reflect Black Adams low lightning? Or green Lanterns machine gun?
No. Not sure about machine gun but it lasts longer than reflect is active for so it wouldn't matter and its range is poop so reflecting at the range is poop.