What's new

Match-up Discussion NKZero's Sektor MU Chart (NEW!)

I don't think it's possible cuz I think he lands before you can d1 tele him. Either that or I wasn't just framing it. If it is punishable then only P1 can do it.
If you have a 6 frame d1 you can punish EXTU. I've been d1~Smok Bomb-ed off of a blocked one. The only problem is that it's a just frame punish, which are not reliable in this game for technical reasons.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4
Cyrax: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 3-7
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 4-6 (possibly 3-7)
Kitana: 4-6
Kung Lao: 5-5
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5
Updated, I am no longer bitching about the Smoke matchup, it is not 3-7 like I wanted to believe

MeZMeRiZe

Excellence is my presence
Courtesy of Gross

Baraka: 6-4 (W)
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)
Cyrax: 6-4 (W)
Ermac: 6-4 (W)
Freddy: 4-6 (L)
Jade: 5-5 (T)
Jax: 6-4 (W)
Johnny Cage: 7-3 (W)
Kabal: 4-6 (L)
Kano: 7-3 (W)
Kenshi: 4-6 (L)
Kitana: 5-5 (T)
Kung Lao: 6-4 (W)
Liu Kang: 4-6 (L)
Mileena: 5-5 (T)
Nightwolf: 6-4 (W)
Noob Saibot: 5-5 (T)
Quan Chi: 6-4 (W)
Raiden: 7-3 (W)
Rain: 6-4 (W)
Reptile: 5-5 (T)
Scorpion: 6-4 (W)
Shang Tsung: 5-5 (T)
Sheeva: 6-4 (W)
Sindel: 6-4 (W)
Skarlet: 5-5 (T)
Smoke: 6-4 (W)
Sonya: 5-5 (T)
Stryker: 5-5 (T)
Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)

MeZMeRiZe

Excellence is my presence
Courtesy of Gross

Baraka: 6-4 (W)
Cyber Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)
Cyrax: 6-4 (W)
Ermac: 6-4 (W)
Freddy: 4-6 (L)
Jade: 5-5 (T)
Jax: 6-4 (W)
Johnny Cage: 7-3 (W)
Kabal: 4-6 (L)
Kano: 7-3 (W)
Kenshi: 4-6 (L)
Kitana: 5-5 (T)
Kung Lao: 6-4 (W)
Liu Kang: 4-6 (L)
Mileena: 5-5 (T)
Nightwolf: 6-4 (W)
Noob Saibot: 5-5 (T)
Quan Chi: 6-4 (W)
Raiden: 7-3 (W)
Rain: 6-4 (W)
Reptile: 5-5 (T)
Scorpion: 6-4 (W)
Shang Tsung: 5-5 (T)
Sheeva: 6-4 (W)
Sindel: 6-4 (W)
Skarlet: 5-5 (T)
Smoke: 6-4 (W)
Sonya: 5-5 (T)
Stryker: 5-5 (T)
Sub Zero: 6-4 (W)
100% accurate

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
updated my list again on first page... pretty drastic changes

LEGEND

YES!
Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Cyrax: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 4-6
Kitana: 5-5 maybe 4-6
Kung Lao: 5-5
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 6-4
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5 maybe 4-6
Scorpion: 6-4 maybe 5-5
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5
I disagree with the Highlighted MUs. Would appreciate a breakdown/viewpoint on the MUs

i still maintain that Sektor Beats Stryker and Kung Lao as well, but i'll leave that be for now

LEGEND

YES!
I main Cage - I'm curious why you guys think Cage has an advantage.
LETHAL LEGEND
pimpimjim
Cage has the advantage in the footsies battle, wiffs in this scenario are punished hard By cage where as Sektor will usually be getting only 16%ish

Corner Game is not worth pursuing As Sektor since Cage can reverse it easily and when sektor has his back against the wall it is very hard to get out, specially without meter

Sektor's combination of bad pokes and a lack of quick Mid hitting normals makes getting Cage off of him difficult at times, best you can do is throw out 12B1 which is just has dangerous to you as it is to him

Cage's Low hitbox makes Sektor's offense less consistent
-
This MU is only 6-4 Cage at THE highest level. it takes a seriously great cage to give me trouble. And since Pimpimjim plays against dizzy i could see why he thinks the same

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
crosstalk

I think Cage might be a 5-5 but it is the hardest 5-5 I kan think of.

Lethal said it best when he pointed out that Cage has the advantage in footsies. B3, B2, F2, and B1 all lose to F3. 6 Frame jab alone puts him at neutral on hit and the second hit doesn't connect at the longer ranges.

Sometimes sticking out your arm kan get you B3'd by Cage from a longer range than you would have even thought possible.

The fact that he doesn't have to think as much to do all this is what makes this more aggravating.

Meanwhile Sektor has to space B3 4 just to get him to even block it. (Cage is THEE hardest character to space B3 4 on.)

Getting past the missiles into footsie ranges is also not that hard, especially when you konsider how high level Cage's kan navigate past other harder character's zoning like Kabal or Freddy.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I might someday kome up with a match up chart but I'm so indecisive a lot of times. I often tend to skew all of Sektor's match ups to 5-5...

NKZero

Noob
I might also need to make revisions to this MU chart of mine. Red Reaper sorry for the delay but I'll try and get the detailed Kitana and Mileena MU's done as soon as I can. Little busy atm...

It was you who requested them right? (hoping I have the right person lol)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I might also need to make revisions to this MU chart of mine. Red Reaper sorry for the delay but I'll try and get the detailed Kitana and Mileena MU's done as soon as I can. Little busy atm...

It was you who requested them right? (hoping I have the right person lol)
Yeah. It was me... lol.

NKZero

Noob
I've made the following changes to my MU chart:
1) Johnny Cage 4-6 (from 5-5)
2) Rain 5-5 (from 6-4)
3) Sonya 3-7 (from 4-6)
4) Jax 6-4 (from 5-5)

LEGEND

YES!
im not sure about Sonya, i kinda like that MU

as in im comfortable with it and dont fear the bitch as much as i would with other characters

NKZero

Noob
im not sure about Sonya, i kinda like that MU

as in im comfortable with it and dont fear the bitch as much as i would with other characters
This whore has an answer for everything Sektor throws out. He cannot anti-zone because onions are too fast. The only way he controls the zoning war is by securing a clean knockdown on a straight missile. Around flame range he can't throw out shit when she has meter. Flame burner, B21, B1, F2 all blown up by EX cartwheel or stuffed by D4 into MS or whatever. Low hit-box means she cannot be pressured effectively. This is actually similar to Mileena MU in a way but her D4 followups are better and she does more damage.

But I salute you if you find this MU ok. It's not that nice lol...

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I don't hate the Sonya matchup too much either.

You can still iatu her projectiles, you just need to be really on point.

B3 and B2 are great for hitting her d4 in footsies range.

NKZero

Noob
sektor has to beat cyrax
which he does according to my chart, although its closer to 5-5 than most believe because cyrax's corner game is effectively game over for sektor. but still for the most part sektor controls most of the screen and dictates the pace of the match and stops cyrax from throwing nets 3/4 screen and further. slight advantage hence i have it as 6-4 sektor.

I don't hate the Sonya matchup too much either.

You can still iatu her projectiles, you just need to be really on point.

B3 and B2 are great for hitting her d4 in footsies range.
i didn't know you can...that makes a difference then since you can zone her out and not worry about playing most of the game in the footsie range where she wins because of that dumb D4 and safe armour launcher lol. yeah B2/B3 etc. work but for the most part she can bully you at that range and there isn't much you can do about it. you have to make good reads. idk i'm torn because most of the time i've had it at 4-6. maybe i'm overreacting to recent bad experiences :).