What's new

Nitara MK1 Trailer (Voiced by Megan Fox)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The types of roles Megan Fox has gotten are typically in movies that aren't really my genre, so I can't really judge that either way. I didn't care for Transformers, and it sounds like Jonah Hex was pretty bad, but it also sounds like that could be more on the director/writer side giving her very little to work with.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Jennifer's body has actually aged pretty well, at least critically. Megan Fox is a decent actor, I thought the interview came across as a little goofy but the actual in game dialogue sounded pretty good.
In my post I actually agreed that the in game dialogue sounded pretty good, but I also don't see what she adds in particular, I don't hate it though, I'm just confused. I think Jennifer's Body sucks, but it is kind of fun and goofy I guess.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The types of roles Megan Fox has gotten are typically in movies that aren't really my genre, so I can't really judge that either way. I didn't care for Transformers, and it sounds like Jonah Hex was pretty bad, but it also sounds like that could be more on the director/writer side giving her very little to work with.
You saw her acting in this very trailer haha

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Maybe someone at nr just was a fan of her. It's fine for me that she is part of it even tho I wouldn't have recognized her anyway when I would have just looked at the Ingame model.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
She's at the very least an actor with a name a lot of casual fans will recognize, compared to a lot of voice actors who people (outside the dedicated fans) don't recognize.
I can get behind that I just don’t see anyone buying MK for her in particular. Even though Ronda Rousey was fucking horrible as Sonya, there was more novelty there with a UFC fighter playing the most iconic female fighter in the series.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The character model looks cool though, a vampire could be a fun addition to the game. I’m interested in seeing the jobbers get rehabilitated.

I hope she has vampire mechanics, like maybe some kind of buff after getting a bite. Maybe getting bites stack a buff and she can choose to cash out for damage or stack more buffs to get even more? I was bitching about why Megan Fox and all that, and even about how I’m not a fan of Nitara at all, but I’m intrigued mechanically which is what matters most.

Baraka in MK11 wasn't half bad and Reptile looks legit in this game. And they were maybe the GOAT jobbers in MK9
They were jobbers, but they were never bad characters. There's a huge difference between them and, say, Ashrah and Havik.

As a fan of the original trilogy, it's like trying to say they can redeem Striker and make him "cool." Never going to happen. His place is as a Konsumable or Kameo or NPC.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
They were jobbers, but they were never bad characters. There's a huge difference between them and, say, Ashrah and Havik.

As a fan of the original trilogy, it's like trying to say they can redeem Striker and make him "cool." Never going to happen. His place is as a Konsumable or Kameo or NPC.
I think Ashrah and Havik have way more potential than someone like Stryker, but I see your point. Almost all of the original 3D characters are terrible, but I think these guys look good in this game.

17 years....finally, Nitara is back and Megan Fox revives her!! She is one of my favorite 3D era female characters since Deadly Allaince! She is now voiced by Megan Fox only makes it so much better! She fits the Nitara character perfectly! Thank you so much, Ed Boon and NRS for hiring her and scanning her face for Nitara!

I really love her new look! She's perfectly looking with her red eyes when she is angry. I absolutely love her redesign! I love her air combo potential! I give her a 10! I'm maining her! I can't wait for more of her gameplay!

I'm extremely glad they keep the Nitara and Ashrah rivalry. Basically Ashrah is killing Nitara’s people to help purify her soul which Nitara doesn't like.

It’s a double reference - one of Megan Fox’s movie called Jennifer’s Body and
Jen was Kung Lao's girlfriend who died in the first episode of MK: Conquest. I enjoyed watching Jennifer's Body and it was so good.

I'm very glad to see her return along with Ashrah, Havik, Li Mei, who are some of the most requested characters of the MK's "3D Era". Finally, those underrated characters are getting some love after so much time being absent. Thank you, Ed Boon for bringing back the 3D era characters!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
17 years....finally, Nitara is back and Megan Fox revives her!! She is one of my favorite 3D era female characters since Deadly Allaince! She is now voiced by Megan Fox only makes it so much better! She fits the Nitara character perfectly! Thank you so much, Ed Boon and NRS for hiring her and scanning her face for Nitara!

I really love her new look! She's perfectly looking with her red eyes when she is angry. I absolutely love her redesign! I love her air combo potential! I give her a 10! I'm maining her! I can't wait for more of her gameplay!

I'm extremely glad they keep the Nitara and Ashrah rivalry. Basically Ashrah is killing Nitara’s people to help purify her soul which Nitara doesn't like.

It’s a double reference - one of Megan Fox’s movie called Jennifer’s Body and
Jen was Kung Lao's girlfriend who died in the first episode of MK: Conquest. I enjoyed watching Jennifer's Body and it was so good.

I'm very glad to see her return along with Ashrah, Havik, Li Mei, who are some of the most requested characters of the MK's "3D Era". Finally, those underrated characters are getting some love after so much time being absent. Thank you, Ed Boon for bringing back the 3D era characters!
yeah

It is very good seeing Nitara again, and having chance to come up and appear in MK1, with an updated and badass look ;)

I congrat and praise Ed Boon for giving chance for these 3D characters to come again and having opportunity to shine for the new fans , and being presented in a very good overhaul to the new audience, but, also, for the olds fans too, to have chance to play them again, in a modern game, that will do justice to them :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I posted this in the other thread, but I’m almost positive she says “Koor Pung Lao” here instead of “Poor Kung Lao”. So I uploaded this video

Also, I’ll be uploading MK1 content so if anyone would like to Subscribe, it’d be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Cicada 5

Noob

The only difference between the 3D era characters and the original trilogy characters is the latter got to be expanded upon or reinvented in the last reboot. There wasn't much to write home about before for most of them either. The most interesting Liu Kang got was dying and coming back as a zombie and the 3D era is when Kung Lao actually got a personality other than just being Liu Kang's sidekick.

The 3D era is the only reason anyone cared about Mortal Kombat past the 90s; between the failure of the second movie, two awful tv shows and the lukewarm reception of MK4, the franchise would have been considered a relic of its debut decade otherwise.

The only difference between the 3D era characters and the original trilogy characters is the latter got to be expanded upon or reinvented in the last reboot. There wasn't much to write home about before for most of them either. The most interesting Liu Kang got was dying and coming back as a zombie and the 3D era is when Kung Lao actually got a personality other than just being Liu Kang's sidekick.

The 3D era is the only reason anyone cared about Mortal Kombat past the 90s; between the failure of the second movie, two awful tv shows and the lukewarm reception of MK4, the franchise would have been considered a relic of its debut decade otherwise.
No. During the Arcade era, we had movies, novels, comics, shows, toys, a live traveling martial arts show, etc. The franchise was huge, the characters (most of them) extremely popular, and Mortal Kombat was everywhere.

The 3D era is the worst performing period of the franchise's history. It lacked cross media representation in almost every regard, lost fans in droves, and nearly buried the franchise. As bad as some of the movies and as luke warm as the reception to Mortal Kombat 4 was, it still did all better than the 3D era.

The only people who truly care about the 3D era are a) die hards who just needed more, b) people who are younger and grew up with the 3D era.

What properly saved the franchise is Mortal Kombat (2011). It brought it back from the disaster the 3D era made.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

As far as their actual stories in the plot go, I agree with you. I think a lot of the 3D characters have a ton of potential. Some like Kenshi are obviously a cut above the rest, but MKX made me like Tremor who is as bottom of the barrel as we can get. MK9 though is the reason a lot of people found a character they like though, and they're all updated versions of the classics. I could be showing my age here, but I'm far from the only one who went from vaguely knowing what MK was to being awestruck by it with MK9.

Basically, I think the NRS era is why a lot of the classics are so much more beloved than the 3D era characters, rather than the OG era having such great characterization. The NRS Liu Kang is much more interesting than the one you mentioned. A few characters - Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny, and to a lesser degree but still pretty good, the Kuai Liang Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kitana, Jax, and Sonya, all actually have full character arcs that are pretty satisfying to see in MK9 - 11. Were a character like Kenshi, Havik, or Li Mei given attention, would they be as compelling as Scorpion changing on such a level that dying in his past self's arms causes his past self to want to be a better man? Maybe. None of this is Breaking Bad level character development, don't get me wrong, it's still a silly fighting game, but it's certainly enough to want to see what happens to them.

I've been excited to learn how to play the game on as deep of a level as I can accomplish, but as we get closer to release I'm actually excited to see things like Bi Han and Kuai Liang's relationship in the new timeline.

Cicada 5

Noob
No. During the Arcade era, we had movies, novels, comics, shows, toys, a live traveling martial arts show, etc. The franchise was huge, the characters (most of them) extremely popular, and Mortal Kombat was everywhere.

The 3D era is the worst performing period of the franchise's history. It lacked cross media representation in almost every regard,
Because of the aforementioned failures of 90s movies and tv shows, not to mention the 2000s were generally a lousy time for video game adaptations. Cross media representation in the 2000s would not have done MK any good.

lost fans in droves, and nearly buried the franchise. As bad as some of the movies and as luke warm as the reception to Mortal Kombat 4 was, it still did all better than the 3D era.
This is historical revisionism. Deadly Alliance alone was the best reviewed MK game since MK2 at the time and was a massive sales hit. Deception surpassed it in sales and was the fastest-selling game in Midway history.

The only people who truly care about the 3D era are a) die hards who just needed more, b) people who are younger and grew up with the 3D era.
In other words, it actually appealed to modern audiences and old ones, and only a small contingent of fans hated it for being too different.

Tale as old as time. It's basically how Star Wars fans call the Sequel/Disney Era a failure, when it is anything but in reality.

What properly saved the franchise is Mortal Kombat (2011). It brought it back from the disaster the 3D era made.
The 3D era proved MK was still a viable property in the first place. No one would have cared for the franchise otherwise.

but MKX made me like Tremor who is as bottom of the barrel as we can get.
I always love how people use Tremor as an example, when he's a completely different case entirely. He's a) not 3D era, b) was in the worst Mortal Kombat game of all time, but was never a bad character himself, c) is a character from a game that's a completely different genre.

Generally he was underdeveloped while the 3D era characters were not.

I could be showing my age here...
Your overall post is indeed showing your age. Not saying that to crap on you, mind you. Simply that you and lot of other younger players have a vastly different perspective than arcade era players.

Because of the aforementioned failures of 90s movies and tv shows...
No, it's because the franchise had declined heavily. Other game franchises had comics, action figures, and even movies (as bad as they were).

This is historical revisionism.
Actually, this is what you're doing.

Deadly Alliance alone was the best reviewed MK game since MK2 at the time and was a massive sales hit. Deception surpassed it in sales and was the fastest-selling game in Midway history.
And yet, they never, ever, ever reached the popularity of the arcade era. They were never system sellers. They were never the pop culture icons the arcade era games were.

... and only a small contingent of fans hated it for being too different.
It was not a small contingent in the slightest.

It's basically how Star Wars fans call the Sequel/Disney Era a failure, when it is anything but in reality.
Except the situation is different. Whether you like the sequel trilogy or not, it's made a tone of money for Disney. The 3D era for Midway didn't reach the same heights as the arcade era. You can skew history all you like, that doesn't change what happened.

The 3D era proved MK was still a viable property in the first place. No one would have cared for the franchise otherwise.
I never said it wasn't a viable franchise, I said it was the lowest point in the franchise's history. Because it was. Mortal Kombat (2011) revitalized the franchise and finally surpassed the arcade era overall? How? By going back to it's roots, dumping all the 3D era bloat, garbage, and junk characters, and bringing Mortal Kombat back to form.

@Juxtapose
<
Maybe a hot take, Reiko, even MK4 Reiko is just more of a character than Arcade Era Noob Saibot, but noob isn't even a character at all without the 3D Era, so it's kind of a full circle thing. And maybe another Hot take..
<<<<<
Onaga is literally just cool Shao Kahn. People beg for him back.

Like, you're telling me you like this
Better than this

I respect that. Gameplay may have been a mess and not respected to the FGC in the 3D Era, but it's designs and lore are pretty much now the backbone of MK.

As someone who didn't like the 3D Era characters, do you think any if the returning ones look better/even worse to their original appearance?

@Juxtapose
View attachment 20894
<
View attachment 20895
Maybe a hot take, Reiko, even MK4 Reiko is just more of a character than Arcade Era Noob Saibot, but noob isn't even a character at all without the 3D Era, so it's kind of a full circle thing. And maybe another Hot take..
View attachment 20896
<<<<<
View attachment 20897
Onaga is literally just cool Shao Kahn. People beg for him back.

Like, you're telling me you like this
View attachment 20898
Better than this
View attachment 20899

I respect that. Gameplay may have been a mess and not respected to the FGC in the 3D Era, but it's designs and lore are pretty much now the backbone of MK.

As someone who didn't like the 3D Era characters, do you think any if the returning ones look better/even worse to their original appearance?
Reiko isn't a 3D era character. He's an arcade era character.

Onaga is in no way shape or form cooler than Shao.

Yes, I prefer klassic Sub-Zero to wanna-be Shredder Sub-Zero. The Shredder skin isn't bad, mind you, but it's not the klassics. There's a reason klassic skin packs do so well.

Ashra looks far better than her original apperance. Li Mei is improved visually as well. Havik no. Nitara I need to see more, but I'm leaning towards yes. Kenshi was the only cool new character from the 3D era. No issues with him.