What's new

Next Kombat Kast will probably be Shaolin Monks Faction

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, we had our link kueis yesterday, so i think next time we might have Shaolin Monks (Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Raiden and probably Kenshi)

We know a lot about Liu and Kenshi by now, but I'm really hype to see what they have given to Kung Lao, almost every time NRS doesn't adds Skarlet in the game I end up playing Lao instead, so really really looking forward to this, for his first appearance, his hands seemed pretty fast.

Which leads me to believe, that Shaolins will traditionally keep the trait of having the fastest normals in the game, so maybe either 6f jabs, fast mobility.

can't wait.

I can see that happen. Lui looks really good sofar. Raiden now looks like a potential main for me, and Kung lao seems very fast with his hands (and his jump-in animation from MK11 is back again) Im excited for the shaolins!

As a Kung lao main, i just hope that he remains mobile. Give us a good air/ground teleport, proper divekick that is usefull to close gaps and fast hands. That's all i want for KL. Good mobilty won't make KL op, if that is ppl's concerns. keep KL mobile and fast, that's what makes him fun 2play.

Last edited:

Kokoko

Somehow
If they decide to make faction-based trailers, then it might not be Shaolin Monks next. Outworld - Sindel, General Shao, Reiko, Rain, Tanya. Monsters - Baraka, Mileena, Nitara. But in general, it makes sense to make a Shaolin Monks trailer in the future.

I can see that happen. Lui looks really good sofar. Raiden now looks like a potential main for me, and Kung lao seems very fast with his hands (and his jump-in animation from MK11 is back again) Im excited for the shaolins!

As a Kung lao main, i just hope that he remains mobile. Give us a good air/ground teleport, proper divekick that is usefull to close gaps and fast hands. That's all i want for KL. Good mobilty won't make KL op, if that is ppl's concerns. keep KL mobile and fast, that's what makes him fun 2play.

What do you hope to see return from the shaolins?
You can use two Laos. We already saw his teleport that can be combo linked

You can use two Laos. We already saw his teleport that can be combo linked
That teleport is kinda useless for mobility? I want a teleport to be mobile and fast. Your response and the footage of yesterday (kameo teleport) has me a bit conserned now lol

If the next Kombat Kast is next week I can see that happening, pretty sure our next actual reveal is set for days 20~23 at Comic-Con as implied by the tweet tease from Ed Boon.

I'm sure he's got his own teleport. His dive kick was fast enough to land a ground combo in the first trailer
It kinda looks like he has to types of dive kicks. That uprise kick into his dive kick combo and a vanilla dive kick mid air. We have to wait and see

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I doubt it, cause if they make a themed trailer again it'll be for new character reveals. Like 3D era trailer probably. Nitara, Havik, Li mei, and some 3D era Kameos. Motaro and others.

Last edited: