What's new

Newegg MK9 Online Xbox Tournament - 20k in prizes, October 17th

McNasty

Moist.
Hey Guys,

I'm one of Newegg's admins for their online MK9 tournament. I just wanted to stop by and spread the word. The Newegg wanfest series hosts a bunch of tournaments for a bunch of great games... but most importantly, MK9 :D. The MK9 tournament actually starts October 17th, but registration has already begun and can fill up fast.

Check out the promo text below, and let me know if you have any questions

Newegg is back with the Summer Wanfest 2011 series of online tournaments, sponsored by Rosewill, with over $20,000 in prizes up for grabs! The Newegg Wanfest events are FREE to compete in and are open to everyone living in the United States or Canada.

As a note to all the Counter-Strike 1.6 players out there, all CS matches will be protected by ESEA's industry leading anti-cheat client!

Sign-up now to compete in the following events:

* League of Legends (5v5) on PC starts August 29
* Counter-Strike 1.6 (5v5) on PC starts September 5
* StarCraft 2 (1v1) on PC starts September 19
* Call of Duty: Black Ops (4v4) on Xbox 360 starts September 25
* Mortal Kombat (1v1) on Xbox 360 starts October 17
* Heroes of Newerth (5v5) on PC starts October 24
* Gears of War 3 (4v4) on Xbox 360 starts October 31

Remember, registration is FREE! Signup today at http://wanfest.newegg.com and don't miss out on the action!

*note*Originally posted by Newegggamer at MKO.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I just noticed that Kenshi Rain and Scarlet are banned in the rules thread? still ?

Tolkeen

/wrists
The website says that you'll need to supply proof of your win in the form of a screenshot...does anyone know how to accomplish that without a capture device? Or, if you needed to take a picture of the screen, what would you take a picture of if the opponent left the match before it said who won?

TeeKay

Noob
Well it started and I don't think any matches went down. At least for me. Anyone else sign up for this?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ugh, why're they doing this online? Newegg is awesome and I buy everything I can from them, due to the no taxes + free shipping alone, but online? C'mon.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
i don't know if this is a bug but in the spot where i would think an XBLGamertag would go, it put my Username instead, i hope this doesn't become a problem and force me to forfeit matches because i could really use some new PC Shit

zaf

professor
so i should be getting an email tomorrow then?
Said it will send me an email on how everything is going to work.

zaf

professor
so yea i checked the email too. I can't actually have my match at 9 est tomorrow.
Can i just work out a schedule with whoever i have to play ? or should i just forfeit?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
so yea i checked the email too. I can't actually have my match at 9 est tomorrow.
Can i just work out a schedule with whoever i have to play ? or should i just forfeit?
i don't see anything in the rules that says you can't work out a different time, try contacting an admin though, they would help you out

zaf

professor
yea i just checked out the rules or format pages. one of them said that a time can be scheduled out.
ill open an incident and do this.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
are these FT3 or FT5?
Copied straight from rules page

MORTAL KOMBAT RULES
Definitions:

Game Mode:
Versus
Fight: Best of 5 rounds
Match: Best of 3 fights
Game Format:

Competition Method: 1 vs. 1
Rounds: 5
Round Time: 99 seconds
Stage: Random, use of "The Street" will be banned
Character Selection: All characters except Skarlet, Rain, Kenshi, or DLC

TeeKay

Noob
So are admins going to make a king of the hill room for the competitors? Looking at the site, you're supposed to take a screenshot of your victory, but that just feels questionable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
One thing that is bugging the shit out of me is the "best of 5 rounds" how the hell is this possible?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
One thing that is bugging the shit out of me is the "best of 5 rounds" how the hell is this possible?
Because the matches have to be hosted in private matches, i think (i will test tonight when i get on) that if you alter your game settings at the main menu to be a FT3 (aka best of 5) and the timer to 99 minutes, if it doesn't happen then, i guess it was a big typo on their part