What's new

Tech **NEW**? SUBBY COMBOS INTO CLONE (NO METER)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Heres some combos into clone without using any meter, or ex slide to push opponent into clone.. also some really good basic jump in kick combos for those characthers who like to lower their hitbox with down kick COugh (MILEENA) COught**
check them out...

also another clone combo this time using 1 meter for a reset.

redeyes

Button Masher
didnt tom brady do something just like this? it only works on people with bigger hit boxes around their legs or something like that?

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Nice I didn't even know you could clone in a combo like that, I always thought it would have just done the thing where it disappears and you can't use it for a while.

Thanks for sharing.

Cat

didnt tom brady do something just like this? it only works on people with bigger hit boxes around their legs or something like that?
Nope. He did a video of the 212 blocked into ice clone. Then do a e slide so they can fall into the clone. Which is not even new someone else had posted that way before. But glad he made a video of it so ppl can start adapting it into their game plan

Cat

I haven't seen any Sub-Zero player do that yet. Online or offline.

Nice find. But it seems character specific.
I been doing it on the majority of the characters. Not really had a problem. But needs more testing.

Massicus

Noob
there was this youtube vid on the frontpage of TYM once called Lin Kuei combo vid showing amazing combo's for Cyrax,noob,sektor,Sub-zero, you know all the Lin Kuei members and the guy actually did a jumpkick into iceclone and it froze the opponent but somehow I completly forgot about it.
Might play around with this tonight in the lab, it would be amazing if this could become Sub-Zero's ''Kung Loa divekick''

Found the old video, go to 2:50 for a 50% X-ray combo using the trick.
Remember hearing how Brady said his Sub-zero was going to have the dirtiest and craziest tricks for MLG.
I think we might've discovered one

Creepy00

Noob
You can do the same with Jip b1 2 into iceclone midscreen but it isnt hit confirmable. This works every time against sheeva through and you can follow up with a reset. :p Nice find ice kitty lol.

Cat

Lol yeah in the corner one instead of doing the rest of the combo after d1 into clone. You an just do ex ground freeze and go into the reset. But didn't want to included since it will be removed anyhow.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
:O now I can't wait to get off work to practice these. Thanks a lot bro!
this is not new actually :(
as this guy has done this, and before that i manage to do it but never cared to follow up on it.
the timing is tricky tho, i found it better to hit them with the jump kick at around waist height :)
skip to 0:25 to see it.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Gonna try to put these in practice. I always thought that the best Sub-Zero could do after hitting a opponent in air was FF~22~Slide. Good to know it's possible to Ice Clone and do a full kombo.

Cat, by any chance do you know if this is character specific?

Thanks in advance and good job discovering these.

this is not new actually :(
as this guy has done this, and before that i manage to do it but never cared to follow up on it.
the timing is tricky tho, i found it better to hit them with the jump kick at around waist height :)
skip to 0:25 to see it.
I particularly liked the uppercuts follow by kombos at the corners.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
back to the lab i suppose. Mileena players will hate this.
timing is super duper strict on the deep kick ~ clone.

i've gotten the d1 juggle clone to land on everyone .. you have to be at like max d1 range for it to work.

Cat

back to the lab i suppose. Mileena players will hate this.
timing is super duper strict on the deep kick ~ clone.

i've gotten the d1 juggle clone to land on everyone .. you have to be at like max d1 range for it to work.
You can also do d4 into clone it has more range than d1 and does 1% more damage.

As for the jump kick into clone I have not tried them on everyone but it should work. Since I can do it to reptile which is one of the weird hitbox characters everyone else is simple too.