What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Tech? Meter Building + Corner Reset

Hey guys, i was messing with Sub-Zero in lab, and i think i have 2 new techs, havent seen it posted there.

#1) Meter Building
If we want to juggle opponent with:
22/B12/F+4, Freeze, backdash, JP, B121
After patch freeze duration is longer so we can do:
22/B12+/F+4,Freeze, CLONE , JP, B121
Its really easy to do, and more meter = better right?
also we can JP,214,Slide, but IMO its not worth, better choice is NJP,1,B12,212,Slide

#2) Corner Reset
Its escapable, but it`ll catch many many guys offguard.
When we hit opponent near ground with 214 it makes 1 whiff, and opponent will immediatly, stand up. After he is on feets again 4 will hit him immediatly, after 4 we can follow up with freeze for reset.
This is tricky option, but IMO its worth to risk sometimes, its similar to LOTF Nightwolf reset.
We have 3 options to make it work
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,4,1,1,1,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,1,1,1,1,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,B12(must hit when they are near to ground,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide

What u think about those guys?

Ahhh sry, didnt notice the meter building topic :)

4 can take out some wakeups ( it beats ex scorp tele for example ) if he blocks 4 he`ll avoid reset

anyway its just 1 shoot reset but 95% of players will fall to this into first time since its freakin fast

Been using the meter building trick for a while now. Not new tech, just very under-used tech. The second one is kinda like the reset LOTF does for nightwolf, but much less safe. Not worth it.

I HIGHLY recommend SZ players start using empty clones to build meter. SZ can build meter like crazy, his slide builds 1/12th which is tied for most in the game. Clone builds 1/27th. I've also been punishing with B12 ice ball, njp, 1, B12, 212 slide for 35%. That combo nullifies all arguments that sz does shitty damage. All other combos I always try to end with B121.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't know about building meter like CRAZY.... but he does get quite a bit for what little specials he does have. I think that all JiP attempts should be b1,2 since its neutral and safe on block, and grants the most damage. I still haven't gotten muscle memory down for it quite yet.
As for damage... isn't b1,2~freeze JiP b1,2,1 Throw like... 40% or something? even with 2,2~freeze its more than or equal to 35%. Only time I even use the NJP stuff is if I catch an air freeze or clone. (I think that is what you are hinting at anyhow)

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Standing 4 also seems to have some sort of odd invincibility frames or area because I beat a lot of jump ins with it

I don't know about building meter like CRAZY.... but he does get quite a bit for what little specials he does have. I think that all JiP attempts should be b1,2 since its neutral and safe on block, and grants the most damage. I still haven't gotten muscle memory down for it quite yet.
As for damage... isn't b1,2~freeze JiP b1,2,1 Throw like... 40% or something? even with 2,2~freeze its more than or equal to 35%. Only time I even use the NJP stuff is if I catch an air freeze or clone. (I think that is what you are hinting at anyhow)
I personally believe he builds a shit load of meter. If you play SZ rushdown, that means you use lots of block string mix ups. Just doing 21, 224 ice clone builds a lot. Considering how his ex moves aren't that important, you can expect SZ to have breaker most of the time. A SZ player who knows when to turtle and knows when to rush down will have xray most of the time.

I don't really use jip B12 cuz it's risky. Most people like to poke right after, assuming they haven't already interrupted the string. B12 is mostly for punishing and nothing else for me. If it hits though, you can do 38% damage (or whatever combo you choose).

If you prefer the throw option of B121 for 40% then that's cool. I don't like the position the throw gives though. It disables tech roll, but the advantage and the distance the throw gives isn't what I like. Obviously if you're in the corner then it's not an issue, but I'm talking mainly midscreen. Slide disables tech roll and gives more favourable position. It's only recently I've realized how ridiculously good tech roll is against rush down.

40% midscreen. I hope SZ players don't think he still needs to do more damage.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah I agree with the damage. The throw and stuff is simply play style and spacing style. I love being at the JiP area. Clones eat wake up and any JiP from there. I can dash in and bait wakeup, or dash in and d4. or take a dashstep and be within 2,2 or f4 range. Having all those options at first is overwhelming I swear.

the most he gets mid screen with a throw is 44%. that is right in line with everyone else in the game. And if goes way way up if your opponent tries to tech throw, attack, jump.

I always JP,B12

u can make B12clone/B12 poke etc
if someone likes to poke u out of B12, try to B12,slide/freeze
also B1,Slide for 50/50 mixup

Yea i noticed that there is similar thread like this, sry for this

for the reset its 1 shoot reset ( noone will fall in this twice ), also its high risk, but can help someday for crazy comeback

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
you can also build meter when the opponent is frozen you just use iceclone and then dash and continue the combo ( end with slide is an option) .. you wont lose your clone becuz when your done with the combo you can clone again :)

Hey guys, i was messing with Sub-Zero in lab, and i think i have 2 new techs, havent seen it posted there.

#1) Meter Building
If we want to juggle opponent with:
22/B12/F+4, Freeze, backdash, JP, B121
After patch freeze duration is longer so we can do:
22/B12+/F+4,Freeze, CLONE , JP, B121
Its really easy to do, and more meter = better right?
also we can JP,214,Slide, but IMO its not worth, better choice is NJP,1,B12,212,Slide

#2) Corner Reset
Its escapable, but it`ll catch many many guys offguard.
When we hit opponent near ground with 214 it makes 1 whiff, and opponent will immediatly, stand up. After he is on feets again 4 will hit him immediatly, after 4 we can follow up with freeze for reset.
This is tricky option, but IMO its worth to risk sometimes, its similar to LOTF Nightwolf reset.
We have 3 options to make it work
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,4,1,1,1,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,1,1,1,1,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide
- 22/B12/F+4,Freeze,NJP,NJP,B12(must hit when they are near to ground,2(1)4,Freeze into (B1)2,214,Slide

What u think about those guys?
Wait a second, so after the patch Sub can now 22 xx freeze, place a clone and still jump in and finish his combo?

I played the game last night for the first time in 6 months so not 100% familiar with the changes from the last patch.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
No. No clone will come out if your opponent is already frozen. It's used in his example as meter building.

I get what it means now cheers. tried it in training mode. if you dont need the flip positions by crossing up after 22 freeze it seems worthwhile as it does not disadvantage you in aby way.