What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Its exposed because theres a way that get you out of this situation 100% of the time with every all the characters. Theres no guessing. I made a vid about it
But it's not so much a matter of "CAN they get out?" so much as "WILL they get out?"
The most important part of this setup isn't the EXGF, it's the Clone. Just that little adjustment to its placement gives him an entire new set of options against certain people; throw the EXGF, or wait for them to try and poke or prod out and hammer them senseless, then set it up again, etc...Between this, the 212 loop, the 222 trap, and every other You're-Gonna-Fucking-Die Clonetrap Sub has, not only is he Top 5 People Who Can KILL You In The Corner, he has more options in doing so than anyone else in the game. He's not #1 in damage, he doesn't have a reset, but if you're playing a particularly susceptible character(s), he has enough ways to keep you locked in the entire match if you can't guess right, meter or no meter.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
If your really going to wait to react to an ex freeze then prepare to be put into another Ice clone setup. It's already working by making you wait for my move.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Im thinkin ermac d,d,u airblast and sindel levi fireball but I don't know what NW would do in this situation without meter probably try and sweep.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If your really going to wait to react to an ex freeze then prepare to be put into another Ice clone setup. It's already working by making you wait for my move.
then if they don't do the ground freeze and try to come up...can you be d4/d3'd? On reaction... I mean you only have 3 seconds to make a choice.

Ermac, Scorpion, Sektor, Smoke etc can probably NJ and IAT this. Nevertheless good stuff though. Ermac, Smoke and Sektor might be even able to just projectile Sub after the clone.
I'm fairly certain that Sektor will still get frozen by the EX Ice Puddle if he NJs into a TU, since his TU drops so far even then in the air. Haven't tested it though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
What about characters that can alter their jump air time? Can't any teleporter get out of this? You see the ice puddle coming, you teleport. Maybe I'm missing something? But about my original question, here's an example. Say you're Ermac, and you get put into this situation. What if you neutral jump and do the forceblast to slow your descent? Will you hit the clone or will you escape? (Barring any "well yea but then sub can be up in your face and just do his ground set up" <- That's not what I was asking, can you escape this one is all I want to know).

if you do that you get stuck when you land, you have to delay your air movement. Its one big fucked up guessing game
If I'm not mistaken tech roll jumps evade the b12, ex ground freeze gimmick reset so I figured it would work here

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Stryker bf4, Jade bf3, all teleports, and some projectiles are some off my mind that could escape this trap. What about neutral jump kick? It gives some advantage.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
If I'm not mistaken tech roll jumps evade the b12, ex ground freeze gimmick reset so I figured it would work here
Yea but tech roll jump gets blown up by 22. I dont think anyone should ever do b12 against a cornered opponent. 22 covers alot of options. But apparently you still land on the ex freeze