What's new

Question New Skarlet player needs help!

SolidAsh

Bloodylicious..
Whatsup guys.. I'm going to main Skarlet! :amen:

I've read most of the info about Skarlet but i dont know where to start.. I hoped you guys can help me out.. What do I need to learn first if I want to main her.. BnB combo's, her fastest strings, what save is for her to do, all these things..

Where should I start? If someone could give me some guidelines that would be very helpfull..:D

Thnx in advance, a upcoming Skarlet player..:)

ryublaze

Noob
I typed these up for a Gamefaqs character combo FAQ so I'm just going to copy and paste. A lot of these combos were found by members here like Ninj, Helter Skelter, Drayn0, and myself. These are subject to change since more and more combos are being found by the community. So here are what I think are her BnB's:

Basic No Meter BnBs:

2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss, Dagger Cancel, 2, 3, Dagger Toss, Dagger Cancel, 1, 1, 2 (29%, 10 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj <-- You can add a Red Dash at the end if you want, as it leads to her 50/50 mix-up

B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (45%, 10 Hits)

B+2, Down Slash, dash, F+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (38%, 11 Hits) <-- First dash is not necessary but you'd need more timing w/o it

F+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, F+4, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (39%, 11 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj <-- Hard to do, Easier version is below:

F+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Dagger Toss, Dagger Cancel, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (35%, 11 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj <-- Easy version of previous combo

F+3, 1, 2, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 (32%, 11 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj <-- Hit confirmable leading to 50/50 reset

B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, F+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Red Dash, Red Slide (37%, 12 Hits) <-- Hit confirmable

U+3, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss, Dagger Cancel, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (42%, 9 Hits) <-- Credit to Helter Skelter <-- You can also use this as a punisher for blocked teleports that puts the opponent in a ball roll animation

(Wall Combo) F+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (45%, 17 Hits) <-- Move backwards a little before the first B+1

(Wall Combo) F3, 1, 2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (47%, 17 Hits) <-- Hit confirmable (not exactly sure on damage without the jip but I'm estimating 47%)

(Wall Combo) B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (48%, 15 Hits) <-- Move backwards a little before the first B+1

Advanced No Meter Combos:

F+3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (42%, 11 Hits) <-- Hit confirmable

B+2, Down Slash, dash, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss, Dagger Cancel, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (43%, 10 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj

B+2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (45%, 10 Hits) <-- Credit to CDjr

(Wall Combo) B+2, Down Slash, dash, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), U+3, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash, Red Slide (52%, 14 Hits) <-- After Red Dash wait a little before doing Red Slide <-- Also might be better to replace the last Red Dash, Red Slide with Up Slash then use an Air Dagger (Close) to prevent wake-up attacks, doing 1-4% more damage.

(Wall Combo) B+2, Down Slash, U+3, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (55%, 16 Hits) <-- Credit to Ninj (not exactly sure on damage without the jip but I'm estimating 55%)

1 Meter Combos:

B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, dash, B+2, Dual Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (46%, 10 Hits) <-- The only meter combo I found that's worth using

(Wall Combo) B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Dual Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (50%, 15 Hits) <-- Credit to Drayn0

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Best strings:
114 (slide/overhead mixups/pressure)
112 (combo resets)
F+2121+2 (combo starter/frame trap starter/chip trap starter) - Refer to UsedForGlue's block trap shenanigans and Altaire's post about chip trapping).
F+43 (GTFO me move when space correctly/anti-air/combo ender)
U+3 (combo starter/ blocked teleport punish)
212 (Fastest ground punisher for a combo)

Safe specials:
Red Slide (minus 3 on block so the opponent can down 1 you before you can attack again)
Dagger cancel (careful which move you dash out of block with from this as it's minus 1 not including the dash and move afterwards)
EX Dagger cancel (Stupid on block at +22)

Videos: Ninj and Redraptor have videos up on youtube.

I'll leave links for everything in a bit.

Welcome to Skarlet section. Have a bloody good time.

SolidAsh

Bloodylicious..
I've tried some of those combo's.. but I find it very difficult to do the dagger cancel after the 2, 1, 2.. also to do it in a different combo.. How do you guys do this exactly, the dagger cancel in the combo (I know how to cancel it, but how to press it in a combo without dropping the combo)?

ryublaze

Noob
I've tried some of those combo's.. but I find it very difficult to do the dagger cancel after the 2, 1, 2.. also to do it in a different combo.. How do you guys do this exactly, the dagger cancel in the combo (I know how to cancel it, but how to press it in a combo without dropping the combo)?
I usually dash forward once I see the dagger hit the opponent. It has weird timing but once you get the hang of it you should be able to land it consistently.

SolidAsh

Bloodylicious..
I usually dash forward once I see the dagger hit the opponent. It has weird timing but once you get the hang of it you should be able to land it consistently.
yeah it has some weird timing indeed..-_- I'm still searching for my play style with her... she can rush, zone, so yeah.. I'm still searchin whats the best for me..

I have a question for the skarlet players. I'm just starting to practice with her, and I am experimenting with her 1,1,2 reset for 50/50 combos. Has this reset been removed?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I have a question for the skarlet players. I'm just starting to practice with her, and I am experimenting with her 1,1,2 reset for 50/50 combos. Has this reset been removed?
It's there - you need to start the 1,1,2 combo after a full dash more often than not - visually you might not expect it to work, but it will. Keep trying and you'll see what I mean. As in, start the 1,1,2 later than you think you should.

Ninj

One way to try doing it is wait until her arm is full extended, then do the dash (xx). It's a 10-frame wait period, so just keep practicing. Practicing normal dagger cancels without it being part of a combo will help too. Time and practice, you'll get there.

Ninj

It looks like the dash, 2, 3 is crucial but I can't get it to work without a f+3 coming out or it being too late. any tips?
I'm betting you're hitting the buttons too fast - slow it down, be deliberate in your button presses.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I never realized how many tools Skarlet has. Although I have never seen her played at a high level she is no doubt top 10 in my mind. Possibly top 5 but we will have to see...(hint hint, im picking her up lol)

Ninj

I never realized how many tools Skarlet has. Although I have never seen her played at a high level she is no doubt top 10 in my mind. Possibly top 5 but we will have to see...(hint hint, im picking her up lol)
I can't agree more that she's top 5, but I'm not a tournament level player (because I haven't been to one ;)) so what do I know.

Enjoi

Enigmatic Fool
Skarlet has surely increased in popularity, *much to my disappointment*
Now, SolidAsh, I can't speak that combo 2,3, dash, etc. but if in the off chance you are on PS3, I'd be more than happy to show you what I know, with Skar Skar.

SolidAsh

Bloodylicious..
Skarlet has surely increased in popularity, *much to my disappointment*
Now, SolidAsh, I can't speak that combo 2,3, dash, etc. but if in the off chance you are on PS3, I'd be more than happy to show you what I know, with Skar Skar.
I'm on PS3, but from which region are u from?

Ninj

Yeah thats what I were thinking already.. I'm from Europe.. too bad this game is region locked..
I'm pretty sure if we tried to connect over NRS' netcode from USA to Europe, the game would drop before the character select screen.

Enjoi

Enigmatic Fool
Yeah, sorry, but for Skarlet work, just keep listening to Ninj, he has the best Skarlet I've seen.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
So I'm picking up Skarlet, I was wondering out of ALL the bnbs, which ones are the most commonly used.

I mean I use Mileena and know her like the back of my hand and which ones to use, because not all of her combos are used.

Would just like some feedback :) <3

ryublaze

Noob
So I'm picking up Skarlet, I was wondering out of ALL the bnbs, which ones are the most commonly used.

I mean I use Mileena and know her like the back of my hand and which ones to use, because not all of her combos are used.

Would just like some feedback :) <3
These are the most common BnBs I use. I'm not sure what others use. 2 and F4 are her fastest combo starters (besides 1 because it doesn't lead to Up/Down Slash combos).

2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), 1, 1, 2
2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

2, 1, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 (last dash has to be a full dash, hard to do so easier version is below)
2, 1, Up Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
2, 1, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel) 1, 1, 2
F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

(F4), Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 (last dash has to be a full dash, hard to do so easier version is below)
(F4), Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
(F4), Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

Teleport Punisher:
U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide
U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (2% more but harder to do)

Midscreen to Corner:
F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (harder to do)