What's new

New screens from a UK magazine

At least we see more to the game.
There's such unnecessary rape to Sonya, and HOW did I know The Flash was going to do Kabal's spin?!
Anyway, good find Tim.

From what that one article said, it almost sounds like there are no normal moves(meaning rj type shit) (it cuts off though) but 6 moves per character that can all be used in sequence to create a combo lol.

So the combos are basically going to be like the Kreate-a-fatality's in MKA?

Every normal attack that I have seen has been a haymaker, which is exactly where 3D MK falls short. Instead of the 2D normal attacks it uses very sluggish attacks that give heavy damage.

The quicker attacks are still over-animated imo, they can either be too fast, in that they hit the opponent BEFORE they even really should( some of the very first frames are what hits the opponent), and allow a lot of recovery time for the other player to try to get another sluggish normal in while they recover.

The other quick normals in 3D MK's still have enormous startup compared to umk3.

So basically it sounds like it is going to be another Tekken-style combo string linking (works even if wiffed) that can't really be used with the specials. But if there is 6 moves per character and they are what is meant to be the "combos" in the game, then this is more than likely going to be broken as fuck and really boring to watch while the other player gets a lucky hit in and then just spams the rest of the specials like King's grab in Tekken.

sounds about right. but not as broke.

his freeze move will give a free hit like any freeze move has. so thats a gimme.

the "combo" off his throw must be a otg. i dont understand how his heat vision move could be added to the combo, and if they are saying you can combo off the throw, then wheres the throw escapes?

all in all, youre about right. but its going to be simple. and i doubt the combos will push past 50% due to its simpleness.

i love the end though:

"ditching the set of 3 martial arts (presumably considered a over complication by the development team)"

possibly a universal movelist with a few tweaks?

Ditching the 3 martial arts per character 'feature' was a great move IMO.

"From what that one article said, it almost sounds like there are no normal moves(meaning rj type shit)"

What does rj stand for or mean?
When he says normal moves, does he mean kicks, punches, uppercuts, sweeps and so forth?

Ditching the 3 martial arts per character 'feature' was a great move IMO.

"From what that one article said, it almost sounds like there are no normal moves(meaning rj type shit)"

What does rj stand for or mean?
When he says normal moves, does he mean kicks, punches, uppercuts, sweeps and so forth?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say RJ stands for run jabs.

Houzi

Noob
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if her tits will bounce as she moves. DOA Beach Volley Ball Status.