What's new

New reset

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Sorry if this was already posted. What I'm doing is njp, sweep, d1/d3. D1/d3 resets the opponent and negates his wake-up. I seems to work after the sweep - f4, sweep also works.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I mean, you could do that, but I don't see any value in it over the standard dash 2s 44 nut punch. Nut punch is just too good.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Sorry if this was already posted. What I'm doing is njp, sweep, d1/d3. D1/d3 resets the opponent and negates his wake-up.
JC is one of those characters where no matter what you find it will never surpass punching them in the crotch. D1/d3 can be blocked , wheres a nutpunch setup does the same thing and keeps you on advantage.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's not that it's the shit, but it exists. This may be applied to other chars with fast recovered sweeps.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Here's the thing I've made prior mistakes with Cage doing. I've tried to make him overly complicated. He's simple, but he's effective due to his simplicity. Everything you do, you want to build meter off of, F3 is his best tool hands down. F33b3 and F33EXFB is a constant 50/50 with meter (which he builds like nothing once he's in).

His only obstacle is getting in, that's it. F33 EX FB/F33B3 lands and he's got that advantage where if the opponent tries to do ANYTHING they're getting hit by another F3. F3 requires you to be good with hit confirms to get the full use out of though, if they jump F3 dash 1 nut punch for simplicity. If it hits f33 nut punch. If they block, f33b3/f33 EXFB followed by another F3.

http://www.testyourmight.com/media/aj1701-vs-playpal-take-two.153/

Yeah I think a nutpunch combo is the way to go after a njp. It leads to a 30% combo with free pressure and chip afterwards.

Iniquity, that's pretty much on the money. I also think you need good reactions and reads to play JC too. You need to be able to tell what you're opponent is going to do next. Is he going to crossover jump after the f3? That's when you standing 1 him. Is he going to use a special? Block and punish accordingly. Quick reactions are needed to play Cage well. I use dash under b3 a lot for whiffed jump in attempts. Also b3 for whiffed pokes or normals. Not to mention standing 1 or b3 for jump in attempts as well. But yeah, his f3 pressure is pretty crazy.

Sweep allows OTG follow up. Pre-patch you could just sweep. Post-patch the sweep has more recovery, so now you need to use it while the opponent is airborne. It's in the JC info thread.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Sweep allows OTG follow up. Pre-patch you could just sweep. Post-patch the sweep has more recovery, so now you need to use it while the opponent is airborne. It's in the JC info thread.
Sorry :) The mod may delete the thread.

Marvaz

come at me
Lol you know whats funny is i was actually working on this EXACT same setup last night. I was doing this though.

njp,f4,dash,2,sweep, f3 etc. The 2 is really inconsistent so i just left it at njp,f4,dash, sweep, f3 or whatvver poke you choose etc.

But then i realized you CANT beat njp,f4,2,2,244np.

IMO you can use it everynow and then? Ill use it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Maybe this can be useful against opponents in the corner with meter for a breaker: (opponent in the corner) f4, (f4, if the first f4 hits from a backdash distance), b4, (reset) f3 into block pressure. The sweep can be breakered out of, but what the hell, a little variation may be handy. It also works after 21f2 used once.