What's new

Tech - Reptile New reptile set up by C88 VILLAIN.. Leave feedback.

uncha1n3d CYRAX

COMEBACKKIING
New reptile enhanced grab set up found last night, kinda fun so I thought I would share. So essentially after forward 1,2 1+3 hard knockdown, you can dash past your opponent before gets up, grab him, enhance the grab and go back into combo. Yes he can wake up but because you have dashed passed him he will have to reverse his inputs very quickly and or tech the grab which we all know is hard as shit. Sorry for the bad quality but you'll get the picture lol

Last edited:

Kalaise

Noob
New reptile enhanced grab set up found last night, kinda fun so I thought I would share. So essentially after forward 1,2 1+2 hard knockdown, you can dash past your opponent before gets up, grab him, enhance the grab and go back into combo. Yes he can wake up but because you have dashed passed him he will have to reverse his inputs very quickly and or tech the grab which we all know is hard as shit. Sorry for the bad quality but you'll get the picture lol
gonna go in ranked and try this. my match is on your shoulders!

uncha1n3d CYRAX

COMEBACKKIING
I have yet to get blown up for it but there's always button smashers so you never know lol and deadly torches, you'll get it bud just takes some learning.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
My timing for mkx is none existant, how I wish that they'd have just left the timing alone. I was also a Reptile main in mk9, but in mkx he looks shockingly bad, I've yet to see anything that makes me wanna hit the lab like 123 elbow dash njp did, those were the days.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Seen some good combos with him from Tylerlantern in 1 of threads, could be useful to some1 like yourself who intends to main Reptile. I tried them in the lab & it worked 1/5 for me, so that means that online it would be impossible to do, so I'm leaving Reptile alone for now.

Kalaise

Noob
Seen some good combos with him from Tylerlantern in 1 of threads, could be useful to some1 like yourself who intends to main Reptile. I tried them in the lab & it worked 1/5 for me, so that means that online it would be impossible to do, so I'm leaving Reptile alone for now.
reptile is very well put together in this game, I play deceptive(the variation people forget about) and I have to say its his best variation. I've been finding better ways to put use to it and was shocked to see how people react when they cant see you lol. in short reptiles mixups are endless! the combos were tricky for me to get at first but now its second nature.
Already seen all of lanterns stuff. Not really into doing everybody else's stuff . I like coming up with my own set ups and variations of combos.
by the way that dash setup worked like a charm. Thanks bud :)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
reptile is very well put together in this game, I play deceptive(the variation people forget about) and I have to say its his best variation. I've been finding better ways to put use to it and was shocked to see how people react when they cant see you lol. in short reptiles mixups are endless! the combos were tricky for me to get at first but now its second nature.

by the way that dash setup worked like a charm. Thanks bud :)
I've been toying with deceptive variation. My corner bnb is f412-EX invisibility-f412-Klaw Swipe=27%

You get a strong invisibility set up here. The Klaw Swipe leaves the opponent in a delayed knockdown giving you plenty of time to bait them out for what ever you want. I get people with this nearly every time.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Why are you spending a bar to grab them? Why not just save the bar and just time the string to hit them as they're getting up? I don't understand the point of this.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, good info to know with using the dash to corpse hop. I was using this last night. and it's pretty good. Probably not a good idea to spend the bar, though, for the EX throw.

Kalaise

Noob
I myself dont spend the bar. But I did find out its will reverse inputs on wakeups giving me a HUGE advantage.
I've been toying with deceptive variation. My corner bnb is f412-EX invisibility-f412-Klaw Swipe=27%

You get a strong invisibility set up here. The Klaw Swipe leaves the opponent in a delayed knockdown giving you plenty of time to bait them out for what ever you want. I get people with this nearly every time.
Also, if you're mid-screen, 1 F4 ex Inv is an amazing setup. works everytime. I will definitely have to give your corner invs setup though.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I myself dont spend the bar. But I did find out its will reverse inputs on wakeups giving me a HUGE advantage.

Also, if you're mid-screen, 1 F4 ex Inv is an amazing setup. works everytime. I will definitely have to give your corner invs setup though.
I didn't realize 1f4 causes a hard knockdown. Very nice.

I also use 12-EX invisibility...the recovery here is pretty quick. This keeps the opponent in a standing reset and makes them guess between the b2 overhead and the b3 low. You can also perform a cross over jump punch here to start a full combo. You can technically use 21-EX invisibility but you don't get as good as a set up because of the push back. Stick to 12-EX invisibility for standing resets.

Example: (12-EX invisibility=5%) cross over 1-12 fast forceball-njp-21-f21 1+2=28% if you land this you get big damage plus a hard knockdown set up.

Just examples.

Edit: Ok, so I did some more research in the lab and 12-EX invisibility is a legit trap. Both the b3 and the b2 fully connect even before the opponent can jump. So they are forced to block the mix up. If you can land the b2-f21 1+2 then you have a hard knockdown set up with full invisibility.

Last edited:

uncha1n3d CYRAX

COMEBACKKIING
Na you don't always have to go for the grab set up, I like to dash passed then do forward 412 or forward 21 1+3 as well. I like using the ex grab when they are low on health. Makes for an easy win.

Kalaise

Noob
I didn't realize 1f4 causes a hard knockdown. Very nice.

I also use 12-EX invisibility...the recovery here is pretty quick. This keeps the opponent in a standing reset and makes them guess between the b2 overhead and the b3 low. You can also perform a cross over jump punch here to start a full combo. You can technically use 21-EX invisibility but you don't get as good as a set up because of the push back. Stick to 12-EX invisibility for standing resets.

Example: (12-EX invisibility=5%) cross over 1-12 fast forceball-njp-21-f21 1+2=28% if you land this you get big damage plus a hard knockdown set up.

Just examples.

Edit: Ok, so I did some more research in the lab and 12-EX invisibility is a legit trap. Both the b3 and the b2 fully connect even before the opponent can jump. So they are forced to block the mix up. If you can land the b2-f21 1+2 then you have a hard knockdown set up with full invisibility.
Man this is great you and I could share setups for hours xD i've been putting the corner EX INV setup to use, incredible. Take a few steps back and people just spam uppercuts lol. Forceball -NJP-JIP-JIP-F12 1+2 hard knockdown full INV. the variation has so much untapped potential and is the best that is overlooked because there is no damage buff and people dont see how hard an advantage mind games have on a player. noxious is useful to me only against teleporters because I get little use from deceptive vs tele. they escape inv setups too easily. sorry didnt mean to rant lol.
Can't the guy just, you know, block after the MB grab?
Yes you can block against MB grab but it puts you in a standing 50/50 in which you can do nothing BUT block. so its up to you to guess what your opponent will go for(low or overhead) and an end or reset the combo.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
wait wait....you can combo off of an enhanced throw? o.0

i thought that just gave you a reset...or did i misread something.
Reptile has a command throw that you can MB enhance, it pops them up for more juggle. But otherwise a standard MB throw simply puts them into a standing 50/50 situation. They can block high or low, but it's a guessing game. Worth the meter? I dunno ...