What's new

Strategy New raiden tech? maybe!

REYTHEGREAT

Its time to explain this new tech I have been doing and it has been very successful. Not sure if its a “new” tech but I have not seen anyone do this. Last player I played was darknatas and it worked on him. Basically, I do B312, dash 2 shocker, F2, 3 Tele...now, after that F2,3 tele you have the option to jump over the character as they are getting up and do whatever combo you want. Its like that ghetto “reset” reptile has that includes jumping over the opponent as they are getting up. But beware, do this too much and you will eat a wake up. Use it wisely.

ps: ill try to video later on or tomorrow morning.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I might as well throw my corner set-up in here as well:
Raiden's max damage corner combos (no meter) are as follows:
334~vicinityblast, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f23~superman
or
b312, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f23~superman

Now the setup is instead of doing f23~superman at the end, do f24
This gives you advantage after the knockdown and you can follow up with a sweep for a low or raiden's f4 overhead for a full combo. The sweep must be delayed a bit but f4 hits almost right as their hurtbox is active again:

Ex:
jip~334~vicinityblast, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f24, f4, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f23~superman
45% + 37% = 82% no meter.
or you could go for the setup again but I wouldn't count on it working twice in a row.

Hanzer0

or

This gives you advantage after the knockdown and you can follow up with a sweep for a low or raiden's f4 overhead for a full combo. The sweep must be delayed a bit but f4 hits almost right as their hurtbox is active again:

Ex:
jip~334~vicinityblast, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f24, f4, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f23~superman
or you could go for the setup again but I wouldn't count on it working twice in a row.
Once you notice they're respecting the 50/50 you can go up for throws or bait a wakeup. I've beaten people's wakeups with f4 off this setup because they have to input the wakeup very quickly on top of the awkward knockdown for f24

Its time to explain this new tech I have been doing and it has been very successful. Not sure if its a “new” tech but I have not seen anyone do this. Last player I played was darknatas and it worked on him. Basically, I do B312, dash 2 shocker, F2, 3 Tele...now, after that F2,3 tele you have the option to jump over the character as they are getting up and do whatever combo you want. Its like that ghetto “reset” reptile has that includes jumping over the opponent as they are getting up. But beware, do this too much and you will eat a wake up. Use it wisely.

Do it with the instant air superman mix up. So during the cross up the mix up would be superman left, superman right, or cross up jip.

Hanzer0

As for the OP. A similar setup to yours midscreen is b312, dash, f2shocker, 33vicinityblast, dash, 1tele. This leaves you with a great chance to start up your b3 game again.

Another:
B312, dash, shocker, f2vicinityblast, b3tele
^^ I mostly use this one because it looks like raiden's bnb combo i do so it can come as a surprise when the last b3 isn't followed up with superman. The other setup i just posted might have better advantage on it though.

B W1zZ

Noob
or

Ex:
This is one of those situations where you should only go for F4 if you read your opponent will not wakeup attack. The only difference in ending in F24 instead of F23 or 33 superman is the element of confusion. It can work for you but it can also work against you if your opponent is wise to your plans, but in doing this it is assumed you've done it to add an element of confusion to your corner game in order to keep them trapped, with them being unaware how you will follow up. F4 is not the only option, if they stay grounded use D3 to stand them up and go into either a throw or F24 or other blocksting. Either that or don't do anything and possibly catch them doing something risky like jumping out, where you could go into a NJP or stand 1 VB full corner combo.

Hanzer0

Do it with the instant air superman mix up. So during the cross up the mix up would be superman left, superman right, or cross up jip.
Ooooh this is too good. Just did this off of the midscreen setups.
B W1zZ i wana see this shit at the next tournament you attend.

B W1zZ

Noob
Ooooh this is too good. Just did this off of the midscreen setups.
B W1zZ i wana see this shit at the next tournament you attend.
This is actually very character dependent. Honestly if I was ghetto resetting someone in this fashion I wouldn't be using slow ass recovery instant air supermans to get away from them...I would use the opportunity for a JIP blockstring and/or mixup/mindgame pressure.

Hanzer0

This is actually very character dependent. Honestly if I was ghetto resetting someone in this fashion I wouldn't be using slow ass recovery instant air supermans to get away from them...I would use the opportunity for a JIP blockstring and/or mixup/mindgame pressure.
Yea and I just realized that if they techroll then you can't mix up your superman directions either. Subzero techrolling into an exslide punishes this if you go forward past him.

I still believe there is potential in this, but I don't play raiden all that often.

B W1zZ

Noob
Yea and I just realized that if they techroll then you can't mix up your superman directions either. Subzero techrolling into an exslide punishes this if you go forward past him.

I still believe there is potential in this, but I don't play raiden all that often.
I know if a naked anti air F23tele leads to them tech rolling it basically leads into a free crossup jip blockstring or combo.

What? It's not like they can punish it

B W1zZ

Noob
None of those hit full screen so they would only work one of the two directions you can go with superman on a cross up
On the crossup instant superman shenanigan Raiden isn't left completely full screen, so it's still punishable, which is why for the most part I see this as a waste of JIP pressure and possibly a full combo.

On the crossup instant superman shenanigan Raiden isn't left completely full screen, so it's still punishable, which is why for the most part I see this as a waste of JIP pressure and possibly a full combo.
You can do the superman both ways there's no way the guy is going to input his crap using two different directions to nail the direction you went with

B W1zZ

Noob
You can do the superman both ways there's no way the guy is going to input his crap using two different directions to nail the direction you went with
The recovery on it is slow as shit so its not hard to do say a dashblock into a dash punch if your jax, or two consecutive dashes with reptile.

B W1zZ

Noob
What is it when you land?
The total duration of superman is 42 frames so combine that with being airborn and your looking at a huge window of punishment. But like I said not all characters have fast advancing specials so it can be useful in some matchups, although I frown on using a runaway superman in place of a free JIP mindgame situation and possibly a full combo.

Hanzer0

The total duration of superman is 42 frames so combine that with being airborn and your looking at a huge window of punishment. But like I said not all characters have fast advancing specials so it can be useful in some matchups, although I frown on using a runaway superman in place of a free JIP mindgame situation and possibly a full combo.
But can you or should you really use this 100% of the time? Situations, bro.
I really hope Tom plays raiden at NEC and with super lame tactics this time.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm with B Wizz on this one. Why on earth would you sacrifice combo damage to teleport next to them just so you can superman away?

Ending with superman gets you full damage and leaves you safely fullscreen. If you're doing the ghetto reset crossover go for the combo/blockstring. It makes no sense, especially if you're turtling, to sacrifice damage, put yourself next to them, then do something potentially punishable to put yourself in the same screen position you would be in if you'd taken full damage.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is one of those situations where you should only go for F4 if you read your opponent will not wakeup attack. The only difference in ending in F24 instead of F23 or 33 superman is the element of confusion. It can work for you but it can also work against you if your opponent is wise to your plans, but in doing this it is assumed you've done it to add an element of confusion to your corner game in order to keep them trapped, with them being unaware how you will follow up. F4 is not the only option, if they stay grounded use D3 to stand them up and go into either a throw or F24 or other blocksting. Either that or don't do anything and possibly catch them doing something risky like jumping out, where you could go into a NJP or stand 1 VB full corner combo.
Agreed. After the f24 combo ender, you can also go for superman'ing into the corner and teleporting to try and bait a whiff to get another full corner combo. It works quite a bit because the opponent gets that glimpse of a big damage opportunity for themselves.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I wouldn't say this is new. I've been doing it for sometime, and I've seen a few other online raidens attempt it as well. Is definitely little talked about, though. more often than not, when i use it, its because I've noticed that i mis-timed my f2 or d1 after the teleport. Careful though. Against Raiden, I'm liable to wakeup and choke you every time I get knocked down.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

nice idea.whats the damage on this? i havent really tried any of raidens ghetto resets yet