What's new

New PS4 Mad Catz Fight Pad

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I purchased the Hori, PDP, and I have DS4. PDP pad is complete garbage. So I then picked up the Hori FC4. Compared to the DS4, it's responds much better. I can pull off instant air better on the Hori than I can with the DS4. But I can play with both.

I will be picking up the New Hori fightpad as well. Thanks for the write up guys. I love Hori products.
Hori's got some great products. I had their HRAP4...definitely a good stick. Would have kept it if I didn't get this pad.

Why can't these companies perfect the d pad on these "fight pads"? It's the most important part for fighting gamers and the only ones that have done it right is Hori. To me, there are only two competent fight pads....Hori FC4 and the PS2 pad. With fighting games gaining in popularity again, these controller making companies need to step their game up and give us something that can compete with the FC4. Is durability, comfort, and a simple well placed d pad so much to ask for? I will pay big money for a controller that gives me all of that, not for this garbage looking pad.
I'm looking to buy a fight pad, would you recommend the Hori FC4? Thanks.

C-Sword

Noob
@PrimBloodGhost I'd suggest purchasing the Hori Fighting Commander, and buying a Brook converter that converts PS3/PS4 to XB1.

Fighting Commander: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

PS3/PS4-To-XB1 Converter: http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/03946072/

I HIGHLY recommend the Fighting Commander to anyone, btw. @C-Sword isn't kidding when he says it's the solution. Mine came in the mail today, and lemme just say...this is the absolute best fucking fightpad I've used. Bar none. Everything I do is super-dee-duper crisp on the d-pad, the toggle to allow the right shoulder buttons be L1/L2 is a GODSEND, 6 face buttons is BAE, buttons for the triggers, aaaaaaand the only thing you're missing out is the touchpad (which would be an issue with MKX if the delayed pause feature didn't allow you to double tap Options to reset). There's no analog getting in the way. And at tournament, no worries about syncing.

The pad is phenomenal. Get yourself one (XB1 players, get the Brook converter too!), and have fucking fun. This shit is the truth. Hori needs to release this stateside. I don't overhype good shit like this, so do trust my word on it. Get one. Now. Why the fuck you still reading this shit?????? GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha, glad you like it. Not only is it cheap, but it might just be the best fightpad for this gen. I use it on the Xbox One for KI and on PS4 for all the fighters.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
@PrimBloodGhost I'd suggest purchasing the Hori Fighting Commander, and buying a Brook converter that converts PS3/PS4 to XB1.

Fighting Commander: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

PS3/PS4-To-XB1 Converter: http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/03946072/

I HIGHLY recommend the Fighting Commander to anyone, btw. @C-Sword isn't kidding when he says it's the solution. Mine came in the mail today, and lemme just say...this is the absolute best fucking fightpad I've used. Bar none. Everything I do is super-dee-duper crisp on the d-pad, the toggle to allow the right shoulder buttons be L1/L2 is a GODSEND, 6 face buttons is BAE, buttons for the triggers, aaaaaaand the only thing you're missing out is the touchpad (which would be an issue with MKX if the delayed pause feature didn't allow you to double tap Options to reset). There's no analog getting in the way. And at tournament, no worries about syncing.

The pad is phenomenal. Get yourself one (XB1 players, get the Brook converter too!), and have fucking fun. This shit is the truth. Hori needs to release this stateside. I don't overhype good shit like this, so do trust my word on it. Get one. Now. Why the fuck you still reading this shit?????? GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! It sucks that Xbox 1 getting shafted controller wise. Seems like I have to buy a PS4 soon. I'll check out the converter thing you mwntion.

7L

Heads up!
Okay another update. I really like it. The d pad was made so your finger never leaves the center. It works really well and I now like the d pad on it

I'm able to consistently hit neck high ia fans with kitana. The d pad is very nice

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Okay another update. I really like it. The d pad was made so your finger never leaves the center. It works really well and I now like the d pad on it

I'm able to consistently hit neck high ia fans with kitana. The d pad is very nice
IS this the new madcatz pad you are talking about ?

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
I got the Mad Catz pad today. First impression (in SFV, full disclosure) : I really like it. The d-pad feels comfortable and I was able to instantly do what I was trying to. No "I have to get used to this" feeling at all. So for me at least it works.

I had the Hori FC4 Pro previously. It was OK, but I definitely like this better.

I got the Mad Catz pad today. First impression (in SFV, full disclosure) : I really like it. The d-pad feels comfortable and I was able to instantly do what I was trying to. No "I have to get used to this" feeling at all. So for me at least it works.

I had the Hori FC4 Pro previously. It was OK, but I definitely like this better.
How about the d-pad being a bit too out and above? I mean the pics make it seem that the d-pad is further to the edges now is this correct or am I just seeing wrong? So the d-pad works better than the ones you've tried before?

C-Sword

Noob

There have been reports on neogaf of busted dpads after few hours/ a day of use. Let us know how long yours last.

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

THANK YOU

this makes me happy. i knew everyone hated the pad but since we're like the only MK players who still use the SFxT pad, you're like the only one i can trust about it haha. hopefully i can pick one up

or if someone here hates theirs, i'll gladly take it

7L

Heads up!
THANK YOU

this makes me happy. i knew everyone hated the pad but since we're like the only MK players who still use the SFxT pad, you're like the only one i can trust about it haha. hopefully i can pick one up

or if someone here hates theirs, i'll gladly take it
You can test it at winter brawl if you're coming to see if you like it. It's very different from the sfxt but it's not too bad to adjust to

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Cant be worse than the pdp MKX fightpad. Thing was the biggest hunk of shit ever.

p.s: Shoutouts to PL who gave it a good review then never used it in tournament

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You can test it at winter brawl if you're coming to see if you like it. It's very different from the sfxt but it's not too bad to adjust to
How does the dpad itself compare though? Bigger/smaller? Similar movement?

7L

Heads up!
How does the dpad itself compare though? Bigger/smaller? Similar movement?
Bigger, you'll want to keep your thumb directly in the middle and you'll have extremely precise movements. It feels odd when you do it because you don't feel it moving when you do that but it works really well. The only trouble I'm experiencing is the quick run cancel after kitanas ex fan to d1 but that's probably just practice needed on it. For sfv I'm not missing a shroyuken input at all

7L

Heads up!
There have been reports on neogaf of busted dpads after few hours/ a day of use. Let us know how long yours last.
Please I'm on my 8th sfxt pad. If you're complaining that it's not durable, try out one of those. I broken them every way possible. This thing is much more durable lol