What's new

New Movesets for certain characters

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I want to hear new ideas for specific kharacters movesets (i.e. what you want to be changed or remain the same). I will start.

RAIDEN

1) I want Raiden to have his forwards and reverse projectiles back. This would provide unique zoning and different combo abilities for Raiden and hopefully wouldn't make him too overpowered.

2) I don't want VB blast back. I would like a unique semi-flashy new special instead.

3) I want the following moves to stay the same: Superman (Ex and Normal) Bolts (Ex and Normal although i would like a more lightning bolt feel, aesthetically similar to mk2) Teleport (Ex and Normal) Shocker (Normal only)

4) He should stay a turtle. Slow moves that hit heavy with an average projectile.

5) He should also remain mind game based. Just how i like my kharacters.

6) As far as combos go i want the teleport to be involved slightly more so, strings that launch higher or slow-falling.

That is pretty much the only things i want at the moment for Raiden even though he is perfect in this game i want him to have more uniqueness.

NIGHTWOLF

Nightwolf seems almost perfect in this game so i don't really have much to add.

1) The ability to hold/cancel NW's arrows. This could vary up his zoning and add to his mind games.

2) Perhaps a Tomahawk projectile similar to Kano's knives but slower. Again to add some variety to his zoning.

3) A fatality involving the skinning of the opponent. Could be very gruesome and entertaining.

4) A longer range or faster D1 involving a weapon similar to Kitana or Baraka using a Scalping knife preferably.

That's really the only things i could think of for NW. Props to NRS for designing him so well.

SKARLET
A ninja made of blood, what could possibly be more Mortal Kombat? The hottest female ninja in the game. She is insanely flexible, has the best hair, her entrance pose is fantastic and she absolutely needs to return in MK10. I have very little to add to her move set because of how well it seems to suit her character.

1) Get rid of the blood teleport. This move is absolutely terrible and by far the worst teleport in the game. I think this should be replaced with something similar to her fatality where she stabs herself and attacks from underneath, similar to Rain's ex teleport, or maybe just something for mobility.

2) Her F43 string. This string suits her so well and I would like it back, although I would like it to launch, not for a full combo just for a red dash slide.

3) Red dash. This move is very unique and a powerful mind games tool. This should absolutely return along with her up and down slash.

4) Many of her strings seem to suit her in this game, but I believe they could suit her far better, showing more flexibility and involving her daggers and possibly blood incorporated into her strings.

5) Keep her zoning nearly the same. Her zoning is used as a tool to keep people in check and build meter for block strings. This way of playing is completely unique and I think it should stay.

Please bring Skarlet back :)

Thoughts?

If they bring Kano back he should totally have is eye laser again lol

[edit] They would need to nerf his knives though. He doesn't need two projectiles, plus all the cannonballs

I liked MK3 Kano and MK1 Kano. IMO Mk1 looked most Australian. They should definitely bring back that look.

Good thoughts on Raiden.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Change the input for Kano's ball to say something like BF 1. Hitting the EX with F,D,B,F/U is a royal pain in my ass.

Death

Noob
I hope we see a UMK9 with like 10-12 extra characters and stages but keep MK9 gameplay. Then have MK10 come out in like 3-4 yrs from now. Oh yeah and FIX THE DAMN NETCODE.

Mickael

Noob
5) He should remain as a mind game based character, just like how you like them..

One of the greatest things about fighting games is trying to predict and figure out what you're opponent will do, and baiting them, etc.. agreed.
But one of the things, and the only thing really, that annoys me about this game entirely, is all the 50/50 bullshit. the combo strings that look just about identical to each other starting off but one string has a low attack, and the other an overhead.. a part from guessing some of these from knowing your opponent, it's really just a guessing game and that's something I'd like to see them fix... or at least, lessen the frequency of them. Some combo strings, and certainly special moves, if you're quick enough, they can be blocked or fuzzy guarded due to your SKILL... but some of these mix ups are just ridiculous. I have no other major complaints other than this one. I really like the game otherwise.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Liu Kang

Allow Dragon Stance to be cancelled immediately after pressing block.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Why are you against the Canceling of arrows?
I'ts more about the hold than cancel, I guess canceling would be fine...
I think holding would make his zoning too good against a few chars who can't punish it (JC comes to mind), but maybe that's fine too.
But the Scalping thing would be awesome!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I'ts more about the hold than cancel, I guess canceling would be fine...
I think holding would make his zoning too good against a few chars who can't punish it (JC comes to mind), but maybe that's fine too.
But the Scalping thing would be awesome!
I'm pretty sure that arrow is safe so nobody can punish it.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Scorpion
1. Keep resets mix-ups and pressure options
2. Steeper descent on air-teleport so "safe" teleport isn't a just-frame
3. Trade Demon Fire/Hell Fire for Inner Flames/Inner Hell
-Inner Flames - 9f startup; enough advantage on hit to pressure/mix-up; unsafe on whiff; unblockable; cannot be cancelled into.
-Inner Hell - Same as Inner Flames, except larger hitbox, slightly more damage, and hits OTG.

Plop

Noob
I'd like to see Baraka with some sort of free-hit move, like maybe a skewer or something. It would help extend combos and it would be a nice change from all his other moves. It'd be the only move he has that DOESNT send the opponent flying to the other side of the screen.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
- Skarlet with a move where she absorbs the blood of enemy , and renew her lifebar
- Noob Saibot with a teleport more or less like "KI Glacius"
- Sub-Zero Ice Shower returning back
- Sindel MK 3 scream wave the way that should be, hehe

Pagan

Noob
A lot of these suggestions so far seem poorly planned outside of wishful fantasy. Here's my take:

Kabal

1) Get rid of the current nomad dash and replace it with one that has a fast start up (something like 10 frames) but can't be canceled into any specials or block canceled. Armor all the way through the enhanced version.

2) Make his buzzsaw appear on screen much later in the animation but keep the same startup.

3) Give him a safe low and high confirm for nomad dash (to compensate for the lack of NDC)

Scorpion

1) b2 safe on block

2) fix d3

3) Give torment more frame advantage on hit

4) make 334 easier to hit confirm

5) I like the idea of making demon fire/hell fire faster start up. It's slow enough that a lot of players can react to Scorpion's hands turning red and jump out. Just shaving a good 5 or 6 frames off would suffice. If not that then make it something like +8 on hit so that it actually does something useful.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Scorpion

1) b2 safe on block

2) fix d3

3) Give torment more frame advantage on hit

4) make 334 easier to hit confirm

5) I like the idea of making demon fire/hell fire faster start up. It's slow enough that a lot of players can react to Scorpion's hands turning red and jump out. Just shaving a good 5 or 6 frames off would suffice. If not that then make it something like +8 on hit so that it actually does something useful.
1) Not really feeling it: I mean it'll be nice, but as it is a high reward 17f overhead, it's probably more balanced as is.
2) Actually, they really need to fix all of the instant recovery bugs. So yeah: I agree with this.
3) Torment is 111 right? Wasn't that fixed from the Demo because of safe ji.P with it?
4) Hell. Yes.
5) I'd rather have Inner Flames instead of Demon Fire. That way Scorpion is awesome in rushdown, decent in turtling, and crap in zoning instead of awesome in rushdown and crap in zoning and turtling. However, faster startup would be nice.

Almost forgot ... can I get your opinion on my suggestions?

Pagan

Noob
1) Not really feeling it: I mean it'll be nice, but as it is a high reward 17f overhead, it's probably more balanced as is.
2) Actually, they really need to fix all of the instant recovery bugs. So yeah: I agree with this.
3) Torment is 111 right? Wasn't that fixed from the Demo because of safe ji.P with it?
4) Hell. Yes.
5) I'd rather have Inner Flames instead of Demon Fire. That way Scorpion is awesome in rushdown, decent in turtling, and crap in zoning instead of awesome in rushdown and crap in zoning and turtling. However, faster startup would be nice.

Almost forgot ... can I get your opinion on my suggestions?
My rational behind making b2 safe on block is because virtually every other character's launcher is safe and Scorpion's game is rushdown. I would settle for just a fast special or poke though. And, yes, Torment is 111.

Your Suggestions:

1) Agreed
2) I think I can side with this. The iaT is a bug technically so I think the fast we have it at all is a godsend. I honestly would love to see an overhaul of Scorpion's teleport. I wish it was faster so he had a mixup between demon fire and teleport but making instant air teleport easier I would settle for.
3) I think you and I have the same idea on demon fire being a sub parr move that needs improving I just think this would be overkill at 9 frame startup. Making it faster is key though. As it is I only use it on a rare occasion in a long set, to finish someone off at the end of a combo or a few trap setups. This is suppose to be the move that makes Scorpion unique compared to other ninjas so it should be cool and useful.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
My rational behind making b2 safe on block is because virtually every other character's launcher is safe and Scorpion's game is rushdown.
KLs spin = Unsafe
Jaxs F413 = Unsafe
All of Sonyas strings = Unsafe
Baraka B31 = Unsafe

Could go on. But scorpions game is not 100% rushdown anyway, he doesnt have the move set to be 100% rush down, he does well from pretty much anywhere on the screen and he punishes everybody pretty hard, doesnt matter if theyre a zoner or a rushdown character they all suffer exactly the same way against him. He also already has a safe overhead in F3, if B2 was safe F3 would be completely useless.

Scorpion as he is now is pretty much the perfect character, he is equally good at dishin out the pain as he is at receiving it

Justice

Noob
I would like Sonya to have at least a slightly more effective way of dealing with teleports and fast move manouvers (like Kitana's Square Wave) than :r :r :blk, :r :r :blk, :r :r :blk, :r :r :blk........

I know she's never had it, but why doesn't Sonya have a bicycle kick? :grr: I mean, she's a leggy blonde who rips people in two with her ankles for Christ's sake! I think every hit of her X-Ray is a kick or a leg throw..... Speaking of her X-Ray, there's a bicycle kick in it! (That's what made me think of it actually......) I say either take the bicycle kick from Liu Kang and give to Sonya (yeah right, but it's a thought) or give her a vertical bicycle kick to differentiate the two. Like Kano's Up Ball, not straight up, but diagonal. I think that would really fit well, especially with the one already in the X-Ray.