What's new

New Era Podcast

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Remember how Tekken was gonna take over the NRS scene? Lol yea go check sonic, Rewind, and everyone else’s Twitter lately.
If you don’t like the game stop buying their products and just move on. Won’t be missed or continue to incessantly whine
Some of those players got a wake up call as to how hard tekken really is and ran back to mk where they can actually compete for money. I watched most of their streams, most of them were getting cooked badly. They’d either have to spend the next 6 months - year losing/learning the game, or just go back to their bread and butter. They made a business decision. Not an enjoyment decision.

Besides players like Hayatei, Sylverrye, and K7 are still maining Tekken right now. So are a lot of other former NRS players that aren’t vocal about it.

And like @YagamiFire said, if you guys want us to stop complaining about the scam that is MK1, feel free to issue us a refund. You PayPal me the money I used to buy that game, I’ll sign a contract to never speak on MK1 on the internet ever again. I’m sure a ton of people would take that deal.

Until then, as the victim of a scam, I have the right to let others know what’s going on.

Last edited:
Tom Brady isn’t anyone of those things (that I know of) but that didn’t stop you from throwing him under the bus.

That man thought you were his friend and you turned your back on him. For what? I know don’t know any of you personally, but on the outside looking in, it’s weird for you to be calling into his streams, inviting him on yours, and acting friendly with him when you didn’t like him this whole time.

And I’ve seen you on his streams after the whole scamming thing happened. But now is the time to virtue signal about it.

The context for Fate appearing on Tom Brady’s channel is Tom Brady challenging him on his idiotic opinions. It was a debate and Brady was the opposition. I had no idea what a big ass hole Fate was so for that info I thank you @Pig Of The Hut , but it’s unfair to act like Brady is platforming every moronic opinion Fate holds. There’s a ton of gamergate esque opinions on this very forum, you don’t have to go far to find reactionaries. Brady sounds like a gruff liberal Boston/east coast guy

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tom Brady isn’t anyone of those things (that I know of) but that didn’t stop you from throwing him under the bus.

That man thought you were his friend and you turned your back on him. For what? I know don’t know any of you personally, but on the outside looking in, it’s weird for you to be calling into his streams, inviting him on yours, and acting friendly with him when you didn’t like him this whole time.

And I’ve seen you on his streams after the whole scamming thing happened. But now is the time to virtue signal about it.
I just got off the phone w him and we talked for 2 hours , Tom got lumped in when it wasn’t even about him but others mentioned him and I agreed he had a lot of negative videos . I understand Tom and he gets where I was coming from too, I’m also for the 999th time not talking about the casual consumer

Pig Of The Hut

Some of those players got a wake up call as to how hard tekken really is and ran back to mk where they can actually compete for money. I watched most of their streams, most of them were getting cooked badly. They’d either have to spend the next 6 months - year losing/learning the game, or just go back to their bread and butter. They made a business decision. Not an enjoyment decision.

Besides players like Hayatei, Sylverrye, and K7 are still maining Tekken right now. So are a lot of other former NRS players that aren’t vocal about it.

And like @YagamiFire said, if you guys want us to stop complaining about the scam that is MK1, feel free to issue us a refund. You PayPal me the money I used to buy that game, I’ll sign a contract to never speak on MK1 on the internet ever again. I’m sure a ton of people would take that deal.

Until then, as the victim of a scam, I have the right to let others know what’s going on.
And for the 1000th time my original tweet was not about you or any other casual consumer. I want those who use their platforms to spread hate to be blacklisted and my view on that will never change. Idgaf about 12 y/o Joe from New Hampshire

Pig Of The Hut

The context for Fate appearing on Tom Brady’s channel is Tom Brady challenging him on his idiotic opinions. It was a debate and Brady was the opposition. I had no idea what a big ass hole Fate was so for that info I thank you @Pig Of The Hut , but it’s unfair to act like Brady is platforming every moronic opinion Fate holds. There’s a ton of gamergate esque opinions on this very forum, you don’t have to go far to find reactionaries. Brady sounds like a gruff liberal Boston/east coast guy
Yea As mentioned above tom unfairly got
Lumped in. I should’ve named Fate from the beginning and stopped there.

I should’ve named Fate from the beginning and stopped there.
So then clearly you owe MikeHollow an apology?

Edit:

Also yeah I've watched like...minutes worth of Fate and he seems like a piece of garbo. That is unrelated to his MK opinion, mind you, he is just scummy AF.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
  1. Nothing to do with being soft. It's completely unhinged in the context of a game, not in general real life situations.
  2. Why are you going to the extent to defend a person like that? Even if you share a similar sentiment with the guy, why are you doing it? Do you feel he represents you?
As far as I'm aware of, only PigoftheHut suggested something like that and everyone including me, called him out for it. The vast majority has no desire to silence or blacklist anyone. Everyone's free to voice their crappy opinion online and get (respectfully) called out for it.
I've paid $110 for this game, doesm't even play online in africa, my opinion must be pretty crappy

rifraf

Noob
how hard tekken really is
Guys, please. Idk and Idc why or how those players played Tekken and returned back to MK but for the love of God, Tekken was never a difficult game. It was never scrubby either. All the difficulty is completely artificial because it's just a knowledge check because there are so many characters. The game itself, fundamentally is quite simple and in no way more complicated than MK or SF.

I've paid $110 for this game, doesm't even play online in africa, my opinion must be pretty crappy
Welcome to the club. I bet many people think my opinions are crappy too :laughing:

Pig Of The Hut

So then clearly you owe MikeHollow an apology?

Edit:

Also yeah I've watched like...minutes worth of Fate and he seems like a piece of garbo. That is unrelated to his MK opinion, mind you, he is just scummy AF.
Yeah I do I probably will today, Tom and I talked over two hours last night. He fully understands brothers coming from now, and I understand his gripes

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Some of those players got a wake up call as to how hard tekken really is and ran back to mk where they can actually compete for money.
From what I have watched, Ninja Killa and Sonic Fox are legitimately good at Tekken 8. They play the game at a level that almost no NRS players will ever be able to play.

The issue is that the competition is far superior in Tekken 8 in contrast to the walk in the park that they are used to in Mortal Kombat 1.

Yes, you really are a seer for thinking the MK pros would go back to MK before all these tournaments hit.
After defending Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 1, give the guy the freebies, would you?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes, you really are a seer for thinking the MK pros would go back to MK before all these tournaments hit.
Combo breaker is still more than two months out, and I'm pretty sure there won't be a mass NRS Tekken revival after EVO.

The truth is that this is the exact same thing that happened with KI, Samsho, DBFZ, Strive, and SF6. And every time, we hear that this time it's different, the new game is perfect, and everyone's really leaving for X game. But the result is always the same after the honeymoon phase ends.

We're right back into the cycle of "game is dead" that happens every single time.

The truth is that this is the exact same thing that happened with KI, Samsho, DBFZ, Strive, and SF6. And every time, we hear that this time it's different, the new game is perfect, and everyone's really leaving for X game. But the result is always the same after the honeymoon phase ends.

We're right back into the cycle of "game is dead" that happens every single time.
Although it’s amusing to imagine the Kombat league players who rage on the mic learning how to block Millia’s 4-way mix up without a button, those MK players who venture into GG are a brave minority. Those scenes are as different as CS:Go and Borderlands. Youre right that MK is under no serious threat from games like DBZ or Strive.
In the case of SF VI and Tekken 8 however, those games are seriously looking to convert some of that MK audience, some of that juicy 15 million that purchased MK11.

I used to attend a Friday weekly at a Boston gaming cafe smack dab in the middle of commonwealth avenue surrounded by colleges and music venues. They hosted MK1 for a month and then nixed it to make room for Granblue on their roster of games. That’s the feeling at the local FGC level. Even UNIS and the Sailor Moon game had a bigger audience.

NRS don’t seem like they have the resources to fix what needs to change (refine invasions, handle bugs in a timely manner, implement quality of life features). The fact that queing up for kasual or KL involves staring at a screen for minutes at a time denying high ping matches, when any other games values my time more is frustrating. And FWIW I really like MK1 and the Kameo system. Casuals are hard to predict but it doesn’t seem like they like it. They seem opposed to sauce

Last edited:
MikeHollow, TomBrady, PigoftheHut. There's a lot of pettiness going around at the moment, and these guys are in the center of it.

I'm extremely disappointed with TomBrady since he is a legendary MK figure, either we like it or not. It's a fact. I've been following him these days since MK1 launched on Twitch and youtube and his content has been deteriorating exponentially. It's truly sad, at least I feel sad about it. I'm going to say something that may sound bizarre but I feel it's true. If Sub-Zero was a top10 character in MK1, TomBrady would've probably loved the game. I think he is like that as a person.

Personally, I have little to no interest about Hollow. I think he's farming hate watchers, and his content reflects that. There may have been a point in time were he gave constructive critisim about the game, but the fact is he is just harvesting toxicity right now. TomBrady and him are feeding of off each other in a miserable and sad symbiotic relationship.

PigoftheHut came in the picture lately because I guess he felt tired of those guys' toxicity. But the way he goes about it is completely wrong. He is feeding the monster even more by presenting himself as some kind of righteous figure. He is chasing a fools path.

95% of all this stuff is clout and completely unnecessary. It's soap opera drama and although it may be fun watching it unfold, we should take it for what it truly is.

Ps. I'm glad the podcast is not heading down that road and even though @M2Dave is critical about the game, he doesn't seem interested to chase unnecessary drama... like a fool.
Basically all that needed to be said imo.

With that in mind, I think it's pretty clear Brady has shifted from finding tech for sub to complaining about the game. I'm not going to speculate on why because I don't know the man, and I don't watch those videos. I only watch his videos for the tech, not his take on what should or shouldn't be, and there hasn't been tech in a good long time. I agree sub has some problems and that hat was an issue and all this other stuff, but it doesn't change the fact that all the interesting setups I've seen since they added MB clone to the game aren't from him, so I don't watch him anymore.

At the end of the day people need to decide if they want to cause more drama or not and engage with it or not.

Basically all that needed to be said imo.

With that in mind, I think it's pretty clear Brady has shifted from finding tech for sub to complaining about the game. I'm not going to speculate on why because I don't know the man, and I don't watch those videos. I only watch his videos for the tech, not his take on what should or shouldn't be, and there hasn't been tech in a good long time. I agree sub has some problems and that hat was an issue and all this other stuff, but it doesn't change the fact that all the interesting setups I've seen since they added MB clone to the game aren't from him, so I don't watch him anymore.

At the end of the day people need to decide if they want to cause more drama or not and engage with it or not.
There doesn’t seem like a well of tech to find, not just on his channel but others as well

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The game has no online servers in africa??? That’s absolutely bonkers
nope, we get 300ms among ourselves living in the same continent, city and so forth.

Besides the good amount of technical issues the game has which seems a step down from the previous game.

There are things i like in every mk game, this is the one which is less appealing to me overall, they need to make a big studio revision, think carefully how they design their games to make up for the short staff issues, among other things, next game i'm not playing until i get my hands on it through some other way, either a demo or someone else's, because i felt robbed and i still do, i bought a product that doesn't work

I beg to differ:
Sub-Zero has things to discover - but MK Tom Brady is seemingly too preoccupied with talking about how horrible MK1 is to look for them. FCGBullet4Breakfast and I are the primary people that I know of that are discovering Sub-Zero tech.

Your tech is awesome and I respect that grind. I only push back on that characterization of Brady's work. Absolutely YouTube titles, thumbnails etc are meant to be yellow journalism. Those titles and headlines are slanted a certain way because of audience behavior. But his editorial is good. Often it's in reference to tangibles like game play, tournament attendance, viewership, frame data, etc. Until three months ago he was sharing tech as well. But apples and oranges. And with all due respect, many personality streamers used to do tech. Even Aris (avoiding the puddle) has OLD Tekken tech videos. But I listen to Aris mainly to hear the gripes, the anecdotes and the holistic opinions that can only be forged from years of participation in the scene. Doing tech vids is awesome though and I salute you.