What's new

Tech New corner reset with d3

zaf

professor
Credit for this really goes to STORMS and metzos13

Storms found the teleport tech keeping ermac pressuring you in the corner.
Metzos suggested using b21 as a combo ender. While it can be teched mid screen, i wanted to find a use for it in the corner. I just used storms new combo, just to showcase this off along side the reset. Ermac has other corner combos ive done where you can end it in b21 and d3.

I did already post this in a thread, however it might go un noticed. I just want this to get out there and discussed. Im well aware ending combos with f4 in the corner has more advantage, but it never hurts to have options and this does have its uses.

zaf

professor
That's not necessarily going to be a bad thing. You will still have options.
Even if you d1 after, you will beat out a lot of moves (need to be 8 frames or faster to beat the d1).

Like I mentioned it has it's uses, and it has never really been used in a match yet so.....

zaf

professor
also, like metzos mentioned in another thread.

"During the stagger from F4 opponent has much time to anticipate what you are going to do. During this though its not that simple."

zaf

professor
As a baiting tool, Yes i do see this working. As long as it has a single use i'll use it and try and use as many options as i have.
I never meant for this to be the new "you have to use this bnb corner reset". it is simply an alternative situation.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
As a baiting tool its great, but as a looping your string scenario, no.

Lets see. Ok check this out. I have cornered my opponent and i start the classic loop string. But my opponent has breaker. So i reset him with D3 and finish him with a throw or continue to pressure him. He wont be expecting that cause in his mind he will want to breaker the combo. And even if he expects that its not easy to react against it.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Well man if you can get another block string on the opponent afterwards, then great, lets just hope you don't get crossed over. But as a bait, its great.

zaf

professor
well i would expect a cross over and in anticipation jump back jp and then loop this again. this is why i believe this is viable, since your opponent has to react differently to this then a f4 reset

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
well i would expect a cross over and in anticipation jump back jp and then loop this again. this is why i believe this is viable, since your opponent has to react differently to this then a f4 reset

Man, I am all for tech that forces the opponent have to make a decision and possibly get it wrong. I don't do guarantees.

zaf

professor
anyone been trying this out?

I got to use it, here's what happened:

After the d3, i did a 12, got the opponent off guard, they tried to jump out.
So i canceled a lift after the 12, did storms teleport tech and back into the reset.
This was basically like, you guessed wrong, now go back into the same situation.

I think this is just as good as an f4 reset. Depends on your play-style.
But if you like to be unorthodox and confusing this is really advantageous towards the play-style.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
This is super useful just due to the speed at which they're reset. Even if you know its coming you have almost no time to react.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
are you on any advantage after a f4 ender? if so then i would say regardless you should use that, because putting yourself in a frame war wher eyou are already -2 is not really a situation you want to throw yourself at. Also what happens if your down blocking this, even more disadvantage there i can imagine?

Okay didnt bother waiting for an answer just checked some frame data and after this even on hit the frame war is against your favour, someone who sees this can push a button thats 6-8 frames and beat out any followups you have if timed perfectly, and you yourself would have to time your next attack to the frame, to make the outcome optimal (-2) where as anyone with a 6frame has 2 extra frames to beat you out.

So on paper this looks bad, and being like +13 after a f4, that seems alot better, however paper isnt what counts if you can make it work in a match. I just like doing the maths behind this stuff to see how risky it really is to you, and really weigh up the options. The biggest flaw of this has to be that it can be down blocked ,and a f4 is always going to hit them. Let me know what you think from this though, the d3 stuff is pretty cool and looping into itself with little time to react and get out, but when you do the math it looks alot worse than it really is.

zaf

professor
i was aware that you can down block it, but even if they do you end up being out of range of most pokes except for d4. this allows you to try 121 after if they block or dash back to avoid all pokes into tks. you can even cross them over if they want to poke.

like you said, f4 looks better on paper but this situation makes them have to react faster. and yea i looked into the frames and as long as something isnt punishable ill use it

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Good find! I been waitin for somethin like this! I swear anything new like this will help ermac out! I havent played for 3 weeks cuz my ps3 shitted on me, but I cant wait to get back into the fray, especially with this. Alot like jades d4 right? Sometimes people forget to block... AND you can set up the d3 into an f4, can u not? Fuck the frame data n shit think practical! If im in the corner I do not want to be caught NOT blocking! Especially with ermacs happy ass tksing n shit

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
So I was in a local on saturday and it was my first time playin mk in forever.. I tried this corner d3 and it worked like a charm. Im still real excited about this because it can help his game so much, especially against rushdown guys or those guys with ridiculous wake up game. Its very fast and honestly opponents wont expect it. Again good find bro.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Thats definitely the biggest plus. They are reset so quickly that they have no time to react. A throw right afterwards is gold.

zaf

professor
ok so this type of reset seems to be roster wide. many chars can reset in the corner wiyh d3 &d4.

recently found is jades. she also has a mid screen one. now this gets me thinking maybe ermac has one. i have a few ideas on how to do it. ill be labbing this. i encourage others to do the same

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
ok so this type of reset seems to be roster wide. many chars can reset in the corner wiyh d3 &d4.

recently found is jades. she also has a mid screen one. now this gets me thinking maybe ermac has one. i have a few ideas on how to do it. ill be labbing this. i encourage others to do the same

When i was at the tournament on saturday i tried a couple things with d4 during casuals and couldnt find any resets. I remember trying previously also because once i saw jades d4 reset i knew ermac having one would be fuckin gdlk.. no luck for me though.. How's it looking for u?

zaf

professor
not able to find anything mid screen to stand someone back up with d3.
d1 doesn't seem to hit low enough to pop them back up

been trying things like 31~tks jik tele dash 31 and then time a d3.
Would use different moves other then 31 at the end such as 1 or 1 dash 1 or 2 but none work with d3.
Also tried with d4, this also was not working.

Tried different combos as well, but none worked out either.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I dont know if you guys found it out yet already but this works midscreen too. Unblockable b2-b1 d3 stands them up for 16%

EDIT: Nevermind, i didnt read zafs post that says it can be teched midscreen.. WHOMP WHOMP!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The day after I re-invest in the Red Devil, and this delicious dish falls in my lap.

If the dancing banana icon still worked, Zaf would have like 20 of them right now.

:D :D :D.