What's new

New characters that should come back and shouldn't come back (MK4-MKA).

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Here are a list of characters from the MK4 to MKA games I want to make a return.

- Kai (I can imagine Kai becoming a very unique, Gen like character who can change stances into many different potential sets of combos. Maybe NRS can take the time to make Kai the viable character he could have been in MK4. But then again, I can't see how he will fit in the story line without Liu Kang.)

- Reiko (Most definitely going to be a fan favorite and most used. Hell, even I think i'll be using him along with Kenshi and Kang. NRS should listen to its fanbase on this part. Now that Shao Kahn is Dead, he will probabyl be in control of Outworld for now.)

- Tanya (Would fit well and would be a great character, but based on the story line being changed, I can't see her purpose if Edenia is pretty much already ruled by outworld.)

-Fujin (I'm already hyped of the thought of Fujin and his air/tornado combos and how bad ass he'd be in an MK10 game. Also cannot wait to see a high level Fujin Vs. Raiden match up in tournaments if NRS decides to release this game under a competitive direction again.)

-Frost (I found her very interesting gameplay and story wise. WOuld like to see the deal about her in Story mode now that sub Zero is a cibernetic ninja...or maybe a cyber frost can be possible?)

- Bo Rai Cho (Puke Puddle Resets. Nuff said. XD)

- Mavado (Can possibly play a bigger role this time and an actual Rival with Kenshi. But his movesets are very questionable in a 2D plane fighter and the weapons are obviously similar to Kabal. But I really would like to see him make a return)

- Drahmin (Can work out)

- Nitara (The amount of possible movesets they can give her this time in a 2D plane, such as moves she can do while floating in the air with her wings. Shao Kahn is dead and I could see Reptile being of use to her and on the road to getting Reptile in a Neutral alignment).

-Ashrah (Only because some of you hope for her return. A nightwolf like role in story mode. I can predict NRS changing her movesets completely.)

-Havik (Would make an amazing character and an interesting role in a story where Shao Kahn is dead and what is keeping him dead would be Quan Chi and Shinnok)

-Sareena (She would probably remain loyal to Quan Chi now that the Lin Kuei serves him.)

List of characters that can stay out:

- Jarek (Very boring and dull, and pretty much a character with Kano movesets. Kano will be in MK10, so whats the point of Jarek?)

- Li Mei (Offered almost nothing to the story accept do what pretty much everyone else was doing....Stop the Deadly alliance. Also would be a waste of slot IMO.)

-Mokap and Blaze (Needs no explanation)

-Moloch (Why?)

-Hsu Hao (The biggest waste of slot ever, and would be disappointing to see him come back. A henchmen of a minor character. LOL)

- Kobra (Very unoriginal and dull. Please NRS, don't ever bring him back)

- Hotaru

- Dairou

- Darrius

- Kira (Same as Kobra, Also Kabal is dead andu nder the control of Quan Chi)

- Shujinko (I hated this character with a passion)

-Taven And Daegon (Not happening)

What do you all think?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Shujinko was the best.
No way they can make a sequel without him.
I really don't think they're gonna drop the old story.
Just make like MK9 and alter it.
I expect everyone in some way or another will be reappearing, especially Jinky, Taven and Daegon...just a matter of how.

And Hsu Hao was a Kano-On-Steroids monster. I hope he gets some bloody airtime.

JacopeX

Shinnok is pretty much a confirmed character hence why I did not mention him, but not sure if he would be playable or not.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
BO RAI CHO.

complete with fire fart fatality.
:D
I love the fat man.

I also recommend that if training/konquest mode is anything like it was in the 3D games, it should be entirely run by Bo Rai Cho.
It would make sense, as he's pretty much the #1 Kombat educator of the realms.
Have him narrate, direct, describe, etc.

As far as non-MK9 people I absolutely want to see return:
Reiko, Meat, Hsu Hao, Mavado, Frost, Bo Rai Cho, ASHRAH, Shujinko, Havik, Hotaru, Daegon.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Swap out Asshrah for Li Mei and we're good to go.
Whaaaaaaaaat? O_O

She's a traitor, maaan...sold the good guys out to the Dragon King and such...lol.

No, but seriously, that's an interesting choice of swap. Why for you trade Hat for Lui He Ba Fa?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
BO RAI CHO.

complete with fire fart fatality.
I'd steal wifi and get the worst connection possible to teabag and burn people alive with his flatulence, oh man. That hate mail would be epic! Damn you, Mustard, damn you! This would just be too awesome...and I can't do it!

Endless free amusement right there.

JacopeX

The thought of how EN Puke Puddle is gonna look like excites and disgusts me at the same time. :D

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
What about "mavado" he's one of the coolest looking characters, shujinko and bo rai cho ftw. Fujin for the power of the wind!!!!!

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Everyone who died, should stay dead. (Exception is SZ who can't NOT be in MK, and I expect LK and KL zombies)

Shujinko: Reimagine him. He had a great story, they were just lazy in his moveset.

Mavado: Kabal is dead and you need hook swords in a game.

Shinnok, Bo Rai Cho, Fujin: These are all shoe-ins.

Tanya: People really want her. I don't, but meh.

Ashrah: Nightwolf surrogate.

Havik/Hotaru: This guys come as a package, and honestly.

Darrius/Dairou: Probably coming with Havik/Hotaru to explore that Chaos vs Order story again.

Mokap: This is my main. He damn well better be in this game. If not I'll play Meat

Meat: Still no?

Hsu Hao: I'm sure we could put Mavado in and leave Hsu Hao out... right?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I really don't care who's in as long as they make a good cast with cool movesets with solid GAMEPLAY ENGINE. I haven't played other then MK1-4 and MK9 so I can't speak about the rest of the characters, but, as I imagine, Kenshi was supposed to be an Ermac rip-off (like Mavado was Kabal's and Kai (I think) - Kano's) and look what they've done to him in MK9 - a different character then Ermac. Cool. So, from my perspective, as long as they've got more female characters than Tanya and Sonya with solid movesets with a solid GAMEPLAY ENGINE, I'm down.

Just to stay on topic: from MK9 cast - CSZ should stay, he's fine. The others, err... read above :)

Oh, yeah, Freddy and Kratos should definitely stay out (written just in case).

aj1701

Noob
Same 32 characters?

Boring.
I'd like to see brand new characters, ala Skarlet. Most of the ones really starting in mk4 are cheap clones. Others bring mk out of the dark gritty place it is now into silly nonsense. Theres just enough of that now, but someone puking as an attack is a bit much for me. Its like mk to stay a but serious.

JacopeX

I'd like to see brand new characters, ala Skarlet. Most of the ones really starting in mk4 are cheap clones. Others bring mk out of the dark gritty place it is now into silly nonsense. Theres just enough of that now, but someone puking as an attack is a bit much for me. Its like mk to stay a but serious.
It wouldn't feel like MK anymore if they make 90% of the cast all new characters and leave just Raiden, JC, Scorpion, Cyber Sub Zero, Quan chi, Shinnok, and Sonya...=\

SaJa

FH_FenriR
We need Tremor ! The only Ninja not in mk9 ! ! ! :D

Would be so ♥ cool to control earth powa to kill Jax.

Let's get this nigga ninja !

Robotic

Gentleman.
We need Tremor ! The only Ninja not in mk9 ! ! ! :D

Would be so ♥ cool to control earth powa to kill Jax.

Let's get this nigga ninja !

I'm actually fine with this idea. Re-imagined, nice, polished, HD move set, maybe inspired by Hulk from MvC3 with an MK twist....yeah, I'd dig it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If they move forward with Cyber Sub-Zero, then I would love Frost. I hope they really put as much thought in to the story as they did this go around. I honest to god hope Shao Khan is playable. I really don't care about WHO is in it... as long as they fit the story and serve a gameplay purpose. I feel like Tremor could be a great grapple type character... like King in tekken. Instead of juggle combo's, he has juggle throws. Schwing.