What's new

Nerf/buffs and what's really needed

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Ok so being completely useless is a bit of an exaggeration. But it doesn't make it less true that stamina depletion hinders some characters more than others.
And some characters have better range and etc. It's ok for a universal mechanic to affect characters differently.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I stopped suggesting anything because of the way some of the community reacts,because you're either whining or need to "get good" or "level up".....which is extremely annoying by the way.Now in my opinion the buffs,nerfs,and normalizations that have been implemented since day one were simply NRS reacting to the things they saw that was either to strong,broken,didn't work etc.....especially at CEO I mean did you see what MIT,REO, and sonic were doing with Tanya and if anyone said she was fine and we needed to "get good" needs blanche thrown at them....sorry for the rant lol

Last edited:

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I know I'm going to get flak for my post so let me clarify what I was trying to say,I believe that NRS will handle the game accordingly and that they have good judgement with there team in terms of balancing the game I'm not talking about the netcode because everyone can agree it's garbage,and on a side note NRS isn't going to nerf a character into the ground because of a simple thread.....come on guys lol.This is my opinion nothing more I'm just a kotal main that enjoys the game lol

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
So flame aura is practically a meterless armored move tgat gets totally blown up by armor?
I did some further testing and for some reason Flame Aura isn't hitting me after it visually disappears anymore. I swear it did prior to the last 2 patches. Idk if it was a hotfix or what but Flame aura doesn't have that issue anymore. That being said, yes it still has inconsistencies where it will act as an armorless armored move. For instance, I did EX upball with Kano, sometimes it would armor through but then there were other times it would get stuffed. I tried this a few times and it felt like an inconsistent bug. But if it is a bug, it still needs attention because no one wants to lose due to glitches and bugs. I added that to the OP. As for your combo breaker comment, I personally would prefer if the cooldown was reduced instead of stamina only being one bar. However I think as an either/or option will help the issue. The opponent is a sitting duck sometimes because they cant backdash defensively and if they land a hit, they cant use run offensively. If they land a hit, the majority of the cast is still waiting on stamina to recharge after their altered combo ends anyway. So it's still a really long wait and god forbid you breaker with your back to the corner. Block breakers I still stand by being only one bar of meter, that is until they remove block infite-esc pressure altogether. DF LK can lock you downwith his FB cancels after his f213 string and stuff armored attacks on top of that. With the meter gain/armor stuffing properties some of these characters have, Block breakers really need to not cost nearly all of your resources to get out of the situation. Especially when you can get easily put back into that situation.

I agree. I've gotten hit even off of a read because it started late. My mans hand was up and everything. Actually 2 days ago the flames even came out and I still got hit. This is a solid/good move that doesn't need to change its fine as it is especially considering it's no longer part of old school 214 pressure. He's been wrecked enough.
Also it can't be 2in1 canceled now and AAs in this game suck in general so it is definitely needed.

I adjusted to the new HF Scorpion. To be honest, now he is just much trickier and my opponents never know when to press "go".

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Also it can't be 2in1 canceled now and AAs in this game suck in general so it is definitely needed.

I adjusted to the new HF Scorpion. To be honest, now he is just much trickier and my opponents never know when to press "go".
I'm still working on it because I played Tanya after the scorpion nerf (although she was an interest of mine before we even saw gameplay she just happened to be REALLY good....) but she got nerfed to hell too. So now I went to try scorpion and it's taking a bit to get used to in a way. Decided though outright Scorpion,Tanya and Predator are now my MKX career characters. So I got started lol

RM_Gamer

Noob
Liu Kang:
- adjust hitbox on 111. second and third hit is mid and it whiffs sometimes on certain characters.
- adjust hitbox on exwindmill punch for flame fist variation. It is not a true blockstring against most of the cast, u can poke or armor the last hit easy. Some hits of windmill punch whiff also.
I made a thread with video about this a while back, hoping it can get patched lol. Lk flame fist is good even with the recent nerf, but he's not even worth using if you get punished for doing windmill punch.
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/liu-kang-hitbox-issues.54021/

Also it wouldn't hurt if the window to cancel out of dd1 was bigger :D doing dd1~fbf4 is a bitch

Last edited:

Gosain

Noob
Hi guys, I know we are still getting over the latest patch high but I wanted to put out a list of nerf/buff/fixes of some characters and things. I know we can't all have what we want but I think something along the lines of reasonable is close enough, so here goes;

Hey guys, I know this hasn't got anything to do with the topic but I was wondering if you guys could just watch my ranked session video that i made. It would be really appreciated if you could give me some feedback and if you could also send this to your friends aswell. Thanks guys appreciate it!
- Gosain

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
There's a lot of things that look like they're supposed to do something, doesn't mean they're systematically entitled to do so.

For the record, I have persistently spoken against people who want Scorpion's F2 in Ninjutsu to be an overhead based on it's aesthetics.
Eh, I just wish gameplay would be prioritized over fancy looks. I suppose I shouldn't expect that from MK hey?