What's new

Negative Edge/Input Bug Discussion

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Personally, I think Cyrax has THE WORST negative edge in the game. I absolutely hate trying to dash in and d4 only to find a medium bomb comes out and then getting full combo'd for it.
Hopefully it will get fixed in the next patch, but NRS being lazy fucks who don't give 2 shits about this game, I really doubt it.

Concerning the input bug, I don't really have much of a problem with it. Very rarely, do I get his god awful standing 4 when trying to throw a bomb or his back 3 when trying to throw a net.

I'd like to hear other Cyrax players views on this because I think if I didn't get punished for accidentally throwing out a medium bomb every single round, I'd win many more games.
/Rant

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
CSZ begs to differ...

Input but is a pain for cyrax but the dash in d4 isn't that tight, practice it.
Try doing dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4 and try not to get a bomb once. It truly is impossible to cancel the dash with the d4 because a bomb will come out unless you wait for the dash to finish and have cyrax start the duck animation.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
No disrespect intended, but:

Just to show it can be done with consistency, just have to cancel your forward dash with a back motion so the bomb doesn't come out. So, d+4, f,f,b, d+4, f,f,b, d+4, ect...

You sir are fucking clever. The only thing is it's kinda hard to do on pad. Ah well, I'll just get used to it. Thank you for solving my problem!

Reactions: HAN

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey guys. How is negative edge/input bug on stick/hitbox compared to pad? Is it the same/more/less/ noticeable? They're getting in my game more and more, dammit...

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Try doing dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4, dash d4 and try not to get a bomb once. It truly is impossible to cancel the dash with the d4 because a bomb will come out unless you wait for the dash to finish and have cyrax start the duck animation.
Ya well I cant dash in and imediatly start a mix-up. I wish it was my d4 that was bugged because that damn thing sucks eggs anyway.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
No disrespect intended, but:

Just to show it can be done with consistency, just have to cancel your forward dash with a back motion so the bomb doesn't come out. So, d+4, f,f,b, d+4, f,f,b, d+4, ect...

I just hold down and input the crouch dash. I think that might be easier.

Reactions: HAN

TONY-T

Mad scientist
The hardest move i find to do is his d+1 into net (d+1~net). Trying to cancel negative edge on a pad is impossible if you use your thumbs.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Yeah like what Han said, after dashing in, instead of of just doing d+4, I do db+4. And i also agree with Tony on the d+1~net. That input is crazy hard but i got it to work after finding a "sweet spot" on my pad....I guess it's getting the "feeling of it" kind of situation.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
The hardest move i find to do is his d+1 into net (d+1~net). Trying to cancel negative edge on a pad is impossible if you use your thumbs.
I get d1 into net every time now in the corner. What I do is b,d1,b3, it's a pretty fluid motion and once you learn how to do it, d1 into net will be a breeze.

KRYS9984

Noob
I agree, d1 into any special executed by double tapping in one direction is difficult on the PS3 Dualshock.