What's new

NEC 12 Shoutouts

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Are you telling me I should have used the term "existence" instead of world?
Feel free to correct that for me. "especially in this existence"
"Especially in this existence." is even more wrong lolol

This is the only world we've lived in, so you wouldn't know if it's especially rare in this world.

Carry on.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Thanks everyone for creating one of the most enjoyable weekends this year! While we had issues with not breaking 100 entreats and being denied stream WI-fi that didn't stop NEC12 from being one of MK's best majors yet.

Thanks to everyone who helped run the event, from BigE/Hubbs to STORMS/Phil/Shock.

Thanks Dan for squaring away the hotel arrangements again.

The most gracious thanks to AC1984, Eazail, and Teef for being the best practice partners anyone could ask for! I never thought I would consider people I've met through a video game a true friend. gatesrex91, you need to stop by soon and join this crew.

It was great to room with all of 202, STORMS, Dan, AC, Teef, Eazail, Jer, Boxy, and Revolver. It's a good possibility PTS will be my last MK tournament - but I'll be sure to chill with you all at WinterBraw.

All the NewYork guys, Maxter, CDjr, CD, Hito, KTsmith, Riu48 - We'll have to get together again soon.

Team Canda was a pleasure to met. Winter Wars, the only thing that's free about Canada is their health care. I feel really bad, but I forget the name of your friend that introduced me to you (the Kitana player). I hope to see you guys again sometime - I wish I had a reasonable online connection.

Krayzie: You're just as much an amazing player as you are a person. I think we can all agree that you belonged in top 8 as much as anyone else. Thank you so much for visiting the east coast; I'll see you at EVO!

Tom Brady: You get cooler everytime I've ran into you. Was hoping to see you in pools again. When the New York crew come to my place again, you should come with if you're in the area.

The VA/NC people: I'm so happy to know that if I do get that job in NOVA that I'll be a tad closer to all of you guys. I was so pumped to see Blackula make it to top 8, next time! There are some serious players in this area that get little show time; Death for one is as a true top tier player (the player I fear the most, now along with Pig) along with Snips who beat Detroit's Shang and made him repick while in pools, and Lionheart who is one of the best and the most unique Sub Zero there is! The VA/NC scene is as strong as any other.

Check: When I go to a tournament, I'm always pumped to find you ASAP. It's people like you who keep me active in the tournament scene.

Lastly, thank you to Pig of the Hut for exposing me on stream and making it out of our pool. It was great to meet you and your southern buds. And a thanks to Sabin for everything him and TS do for the community (and eliminating me from the tournament).

----
First Match: Win against a Mileena player (who was pretty good)
Second Match: Lose against Pig of the Hut (Mileena)
Third Match: Win against a Sektor player in a mirror match (major props to you if you are on TYM!)
Fourth Match: Win against a Cyrax player (again, not a free Cyrax)
Fifth Match: Win against Jer (Mileena)
Sixth Match: Eliminated by TS-Sabin (Reptile)
----

Death

Noob
[MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION]- Shoutouts to REO. this guy is the best player i've ever played. I told tom brady and blackula this story on the way home from NEC. Reo is the reason why i bought PS3 and mk9. 2 weeks before evo i was randomly on IGN and i saw someone post something about an mk tourny and i was like damn MK thats the game i used to play when i was a kid so i clicked the stream and saw reo dominating ppl with mileena. And i was like DAYUM Mileena looks so bad ass so that weekend in july i drove to walmart bought MK9 and a ps3 and just mained Mileena. And casually picked up Sub KL on the way. Truly amazing player and great learning experience.

[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]- Awesome games and a good tournament match
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]- My home boy for sure. Awesome matches all weekend and our 2 hr tag match of me and u vs maxter/revolver. Truly epic
VSM crew- Top level guys. Wish i played [MENTION=3088]Hitoshura[/MENTION] CD, [MENTION]CDJr[/MENTION], [MENTION]Scott McGee[/MENTION], [MENTION]J3620[/MENTION] but maybe next time. All you guys are insane. Good stuff.
[MENTION=7502]Revolver[/MENTION]- GGS my man. Hanging out with you guys was a lot of fun
[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION]- ggs too man. Very good sindel. Must be a hard character to main.

[MENTION=41]Tom Brady[/MENTION]- Awesome super nice guy. Ride home from philly was fun and witnessing that cop car crash was intense. Shoutouts to Tom Brady. I wish we played some offline casuals but in the future we will my man. Your dedication to MK and your passion for MK really shows. Good shit.

[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION]- Nice MKDC win man. I can tell you wanted it man!
Eazil- I need to learn the Mil vs KL matchup ERRRR

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION]- Hype money match dude. I love playing vs you man. Always methodical game play and i feel like we bring out the best in each other. Awesome games my man. Cant wait to get back on PSN and play some more.

[MENTION=1321]Blackula[/MENTION]- Your Kenshi and jax make me salty. Awesome games. You improved alot and im proud of you man. Good stuff taking morty out that set. You deserve it dude.

Detroit- I wish i played offline casuals with you but im sure ill be back to playing tons of online matches again. Congrats on your win you deserve it. I knew you were going to do well. Playing you on PSN is very stressful lol

Winter Wars- Awesome cyrax. Cant wait to play some offline casuals when i come back home to toronto.
[MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION]- Our tag matches were soo fun. But getting blown up by you the next day wasnt. lol good games dude.
[MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION]- Awesome organizer man. And i was creeping in the backround watching your MK and KI skills. Good shit man.
Teef- ggs man. awesome kenshi games and very fun.

citizensnips/lionheart V1- I didnt get to play with you guys but hanging out was fun and cant wait to play you guys next. Hit me up on PSN.

Sorry if i missed out anyone but just thinking of the top of my head.

REYTHEGREAT

this tournament was great. very hyped matches, awesome people and great experience. with that being said, i would like to give thanks for a awesome day to storm, hitoshura, eazail, teef, arez, rev0lver, noobe, maxter, swiftomhanks, crazy dominican, reo, tom bready, cdjr, shock, 9.95, pig of the hut, detroit, check, oneboxyrobot, winterwars, neo russel, krazie, ac1984, blackula, dancock, mezmerise, paper legend, riu48, morty, j360, pherleece, darth. hmm damn im trying to think here lol. well if i forgot you sorry! i met too many people. but SHOUT OUTS AND NICE MEETING EVERYONE!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Pig of the Hut - Awesome guy. It was great getting to play you and getting my ass kicked pretty quick lol. I usually feel comfortable with mileena matches but you really showed me I have alot to learn. Had a fun time in tag team with snips against you and detroitballin. Great Mileena, I was pulling for you in Top 8.

Tom Brady - It was great to finally meet you again since EVO. I appreciate you giving me advice on the mileena match up after pig beat me. I had a fun time playing you in that subzero money match mirror even though i lost. I still don't know how you can tolerate those sub mirrors man lol. BTW you are without a doubt the best subzero player and playing you makes me realize that I still have alot to learn with this character. I'll see you in two weeks at Pass the salt in Virginia.

Swift Tom Hanks- It was great seeing you again since that TYR tournament. It was great playing your sektor again. And lol when our pools were announced and you came up to me and said "dude me and you top 8" lol. Yeah pig made sure we didn't make it lol. It was great getting to hang out with you for most of the weekend. And I also appreciate you offering me a ride back to your place if i didn't have a place to stay sunday night but i found one. I'll see you again in two weeks. And I really hope you don't drop this game it'll be a real shame since you are only one of the few actually real good sektor players their are.

Blackula- It was great seeing you again too. We never did do that salty runback, but i'm sure we'll get a chance to play again in two weeks. You had a real strong tournament this past weekend. I was pulling for you to make top 8. I don't wanna face your kenshi again cause it seems like you mastered his zoning all the way down.

Morty- You and along with Riu48 have the best sonyas I have seen. It was great getting to meet you and having conversations about MK and its scene and whether or not it would be at EVO. Congratulations on Making Top 8. Hopefully next time we'll get to play a few games.

Death- Great seeing you again. We didn't get to play at all during the weekend but we did get to hang out. Great game when you were facing REO. You along with Pig are the best mileenas I have fought. I know you must have been real tired getting back home today. Hopefully you'll be at the Virginia tournament again in two weeks.

Eazail- Great seeing you again too. We got to play some casuals again. I still haven't faced your kung lao. But im pretty sure we will play in Virginia.

PimpUigi - It was real nice meeting you and your lame jokes. JK. Too bad we didn't get to play at all during the weekend. Hopefully I can make it out to winterbrawl and we can play some games.

AC1984 - Good games man. You have a real good kabal. I had a real fun time getting to play some games with you.

Winterwarz - It was nice meeting you man. Damn cyrax eliminating me. Not gonna lie i'm still a little salty about what happened in the corner during our game lol. Real good player. Had a fun time playing you in casuals friday. And thanks again for letting me keep my stuff in your room sunday, I appreciated it. And i'm sorry but i keep forgetting your friends name the kitana player. It was nice getting to meet both of you. Give him a shout out for me.

CD brothers - It was real great meeting all of you. Real nice and awesome guys. Congratulations on all of you making top 8. Its real great watching the 3 of you play. Its like your in a league of your own. It was really great getting to talk to you guys especially Maxter. I know during top 8 it was real frustrating with all that other stuff going on during the games. Hopefully next time i'll get you play you guys.

Krayzie bone - Finally nice to meet you after playing online on a few times. You have a real nasty cyrax, i wish we had played some casuals.

Red Djinn - Hey man it was great talking to you and playing you in casuals. Hopefully you can make it out to the tournament in Viriginia in two weeks but i know you have some stuff to do. And you welcome for beating you know who that beat you in the tournament lol.

Beer guy ED - I didn't get to play you, but thanks for letting me hang out in your room and letting me play some casuals on stream. It was great meeting you and hopefully we'll meet again at another tournament. BTW it seemed like everytime i talked to you, you had a beer in your hand lol.

DanCock and storms - Real pleasure meeting you guys. I'm sorry about your buffalo bill dan they are having a tough stretch. And thanks to storms for streaming with his phone. Man you did everything you could to make sure that MK was some how watched by people and I respect that.

I know that i'm missing a few people so I'm just gonna give a quick shout outs to every one else. I met so many awesome people and good players. It was a real pleasure. One thing i love about this community is how everyone really talks to each other and has a good time. No one acts like they are bigger than anyone else. Congrats to Detroit ballin for winning NEC. Amazing Shang I was stunned. Anyways Its hard to think right now, have to finish studying for my finals this weeks.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
i have to go but i will write this up quick haha!!

to my friends:

-Swifttomhanks: simply like always, your the man ^_^ haha...luv luv <3 is all i can say. soon we will play more buhdaay and we will have nice settings for sure.your are a great friend indeed....really a close one to me too. :) thank you man! will talk to u soon
ps: Ohh i luv the warmth of your jacket (no homo)....rofl . <3 take care buhdy and c u soon.

-simon ac1984: hehe like always too! your the man! meet u soon buhday. ty for ur ride like always too buddy haha...take care of urself until we meet again

-Check: my friend ^_^ congratz on MKDC! u deserve it will!! next sunday dude!! me house again ^_^...haha take care

-Maxter: kenshiiiiiiii .....fuck yooo Cyrax (hitting the couch with my dirty boots) Your cyrax N, your cyrax N* (still hiting the couch ) lol. luv luv <3! dont forget the next event :) and YES! we will get drunk haha. great matches buhday, and hey!!! watch that kenshi yo ;) (wink*) (trolol)
<3
PS: maxter is the man ! see u soon my friend :) congratz in your placing man! you did amazing

-Riu48: Good shit :) hehe. i luved those casuals, though for sure next time we will play more. and hey, dont forget!! as i told u!! u must come! think bout it

-Morty: Thank you for letting me know such an amazing great personality like u man. such a respectful person were i will look up to :). i am proud of you and you know why!! great matches and i am glad i was of service :).
take care buddy and hope to see u soon thats for sure! also have a safe trip guys
congratz on your standing man ^_^

-Detroit: JEEEEEEEZZ...will ya....shang is OP man, wut u think :S lol. though, i think i wont let u have my arse like that next time! lol...if u gonna re pick shang >_>.....damn u
haha, amazing guy indeed!! he comes for people soul...so dont miss with him!
simply, he will make your life (KHARAH!)....lol
congratz my friend, and i had a blast with you guys...ty for those two days and those casuals! like always, the 88's doesnt joke!
congratz on your win! well deserved indeed....and i told you u will win it, didnt i ^_^ lol

PS: i predicted this EXACT list and told it to people....ask morty, detroit and piggy lol. i think i might start to work as a visionary, and rep off people money

-pigofthehut: PIGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAYHHHH!! * hug hug*. simply put, he's the Man! Ty for what you did man....ty for those causals, and ty for knowing you more :) next time for sure i will come instead with the gang ! will be pleasure to fight you. next time, we will for sure have more casuals!
take care man and keep in touch
Congratz on your placing! you did amazing ^_^ and well deserved

-CDjr: the champ! chin up buhday! your the man and you will always BE THE MAN! and you proved it more than once! dont let anythign get to u buddy :).
congratz champ! next time FOR SURE YOU GOT THIS! no joke! you proved it with smoke and after wards with casuals.
take care my friend. we will meet again soon and you know :). also prepare for ssf4 ! hoping to come with ur ssf4 best, okay? lets rep this place off! SFxtekken is on the loose soon ^_^
congratz again buddy and keep in touch
ps: will call u soon rofl

-CDdominican: hehe i told u your in the top 8! you didnt believe me !! HAHA....though i am quite sad we didnt do casuals :( damn you piggyofthehut! you hugged that tv :p( kiddin). though, ur coming soon....u have too (wink*). Kitana vs kenshi thats a must! i want to see the rape-age again! though, it wont be stream this time >_>..... lol...i shall take my revenge haha (yea as if lol)
congratz robbin, well deserved
see u soon with max and cdjr! you have to come....no excuses.

-and now. thank you all for your cheering, respect, and supporting me! really means a lot. i was happy u guys were happy with me...that did mean a lot
thnx to:

-Hitushura: hehe ty buddy! and man...you know wuts funny mario? we never played dude O_O...like really? we should man haha....take care buddy :)

-Blackula: YO FOOL!! who's the MAN!! who's the man (flexing while holding my kenshi action figure) lol...see u soon buddy :)
PS: i am coming for you tournament to claim my 1st prize....so be prepared ;)

-Eazail: just STOP hittin buttons :p lol...take care man and see u soon

-Snips: WHO's THE MAN!! (flexing again)...no am kiddin haha. take care man and see u soon okay :). ps: be prepared for me in the tournament, cause i am coming for my first prize. bring ur best!!
^_^ take care buddy

-Blackmomba: will...i cannot hate you! like how! haha...such awsm guy. take care man. next time i wont go easy, because HOPEFULLY THE TOURNAMENT WONT BE THAT FUCKIN LOOOOOONG!! haha....take care man and c u soon :)

-Ashenar: such a nice guy :) very respectful person! take care of yourself and hopefuly we will meet again man. ty for your respect and cheering as well! meant a lot :)
next time we will talk a LOT bout WOW man haha. take it easy

-Death: will at first i was like (glaoting deep inside me)...because online, it wasnt faire against your MIL!! and i was so SOOO pissed back then. yesterday , i was likee saying deep inside me " see death? see what can kenshi do against ur mil? "
BUT!! GOD DAMN U MAN!! rofl....kung lao !! wow!.....it was really a laggy TV but DAMN! that was one fine kung indeed! you should've got out kung instead of mil at the tournament man.
congratz though, u did awsm! your a really cool guy :) i had a blast gettin salty over your Kung haha.....
so for now (crossing off mil of the list...and adding Kung ) >_>....damn u ROFL
take care man

-anyone i missed, i really apologize but REALLY to anyone who i played casuals with, ty so much and hope u had fun! take care to:
RTO Toxic (nice guy indeed! we will play soon man)
Revolver (nice to see u kiddo...next time for sure you will have better chance man. just keep practicing)
-Mesmerise (nice to meet u man :))
-Mikemetroid (nice cage, keep up the practice man and Good luck)
-no doubt (gg's man , best of luck and keep up the practice man)
-RyanHart (very nice guy, ty for ur salutes :) )
-Darth arma (next time for sure man , we will play dont worry ^_^ )
- and anyone else i missed :)

take care all and see u soon!

PS: thank you for anyone who gave me a shout

-Edit: how can i forget this!!
shout outs to SHock, Phill and Storms!! ^_^ ty guys

SHout out to this sweet SWEET and very respectful person, SUSHI!! (NANCIIII). i wish all ladies are as respectful and nice as you are nancy. take care of your self young girl. see u soon as well! u are coming with CDjr next time for sure! we will have fun again for sure!

-Alex! such amazing guy indeed, i had a blast talkin to u man. take care of your self and your life! we exhcanged numbers, so we will see each other for sure :)
take care man, and TY for knowing you :). also, ty for finding my E.cig HAHA!! really man...haha.
Mostafa

-James. Paper King! your so funny man. take care and hopefuly will see u soon! and HEY! where's check's belt man haha. take care of ur self please. until we meet again

-Edbeerguy . such cool guy! ty for your Cigs man and ty for buying me this PACK!! haha. really!
take care man, and for sure we will meet up again :)

-reddjin: i know!! haha...man, i really know....haha . i am pissd myself for not beeing able to play. though i promise you we will play for sure again!! my words are same as my action, when i say them, i mean them :)
take care buddy until we meet again.

-Dancock: dude.... we must meet soon . really! i didnt have the chance to know you better, though i must! such nice guy. take care of your self Dan, and for sure we will play for fun soon :)

-Arezgodowar: hehe nice to meet you man! take care of yourself. now u got my number, for sure we will meet up again.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh and come on really? A church took over the MK ROOM!?
The most ironic thing I've ever seen happen in my life. Of all the things they could unseat the absurd violence of MK for, it had to be a church service...

THE MOST EPIC WEEKEND EVER SHOUTOUTS OF BOX :D.
(In alphabetical order as I read through the forum member list so I don't forget anybody...)

9.95 - your trunk was like a fucking treasure chest of tech goodies, what an arsenal...awesome job keeping things from coming unraveled with the setups and the show, good to know I wasnt the only Gang Green fan in the building :D. J E T S JETS JETS JETS.

AC1984 - One of the first guys I met along the way, Kaballin' up and down the ladder. Awesome times, amigo, you taught me a valuable lesson: ALWAYS run a button check. Lol.

Arturo Sanchez - Holy friggin' hell @ your Reptile, man. So cool to meet one of the voices of MK in person. Ill never forget being out front with you and Maxter at like 5am and that obliterated dude trying to hype him up, lol.

BeerGuyEd - Wielder of the mighty GODBOX. So glad I got to hang with you and the ATL gang. When next we meet, you and I have many, many a beer to lay waste to. Food is overrated.

Blackula - HYYYYYYYPE. You put on a great fucking show, man. Hope we meet again, for serious.

CD Jr - I was right there with you trying to fend off exhaustion on Night 1, bro, what I wouldnt have given for a comfy couch, lol...you're a fucking machine, man, like the Nation Of Domination rolled into one collective beast with metal arms and smoke bombs for days, cant wait to see how much crazier and stronger you get come next show. The Goldberg of MK. $$$.

Check - man...when I say you helped take me from thinking of putting this game down to going even fucking cardboard crazier and keeping the fire burning (ironic considering my next adventure is the pursuit of Sub-Zero), it's for real. Beyond glad you came out and i got to meet you, I know you had a lot of stuff going on back home, I've been in sort of the same boat for awhile, thats why I was so overjoyed to get to come out for this to begin with, just to get that break in the chaos and live amongst familiar fellows, and now that ive had a taste of the big show, and i know theres guys like you, Maximo, Hito, the whole gang out there just hyped to keep guys like me motivated as fuck and coming back to the fray...its seriously one of the best feelings there is. NEC got me back to a happy place, and you guys lit the fire to keep me in rotation. Next time I make a show, you and me have gotta sit down and have ourselves a clinic. I know I've still got a lot to learn, and I wanna learn from the best. And anybody who can random select their way more than halfway through a tournament definitely falls into that category. ITS NOT OVER MAAAAAAAAAAAN :D.

CitizenSnips -"Im sorry, we're out of food." Next time, bro, we shall have our revenge on the fast food trolls :D
Your Reptile is NOT to be fucked with. Great, great stuff, amigo.

Crazy Dominican - You, sir, are a cool fuckin' dude. Wish I'd hung with you more so I wasnt so short on words, but next time my friend, we'll have a couple of brews and you can show me some Kitana En Espanol. You guys make me wish I wasnt solacking in my spanish, lol.

DANCOCK - With a CAPITAL COCK! Lol. Thank you again for giving me shelter, my friend. I'm really glad you kicked a significant amount of ass with the Queen. Next time ill make sure I've got a sufficient pad so we can actually have some passable matches, and I look forward to more in-depth talks of the real world. Always good to have somebody handy who loves a good conversation like I do. Cant wait.

Death - you and Mileena are like peanut butter and jelly, you two belong together. What an awesome showing, proving that in some cases, Online doesnt by any means mean lacking in absolute power. There shall be more Subway, for certain :D.

Detroit - THREEONETHIRD IN THE HOUSE! Holy shit, man. Ever since I watched you take home the Digimon challenge, I was 99% sure you'd take home the 16 pounds of gold this weekend. With the most intimidating game face ever worn, by far, lol. Great meeting you, man, congratulations on taking the throne. Everybody's gonna be keeping their eyes on the sorcerer now...as well they should be.

Eazail - glad i made your acquaintance, compadre, we had us some really good times :D. Keep kicking ass and taking names.

HITOSHURA - Omfg. I cant even remember all the hijinks we got up to, but there is an epic, alcohol-induced adventure in our future i dont think the world is ready for. I gotta bring a camera. You're the fucking best, man. Seriously. I hope we stay bros til the world ends.
"Down, up, Lol...down, up, Lol...Down, up, Lol..."

JamesMK (AKA Paper Legend :D) - The ONLY man to win EVO twice in one year. You're as epic OG as they come, definitely looking forward to pounding beers and talking kombat with you again, brother. And I would pay $$$ to see you show up to the next show with bleached blonde hair, american flag PJs, a pocket full of budweisers and a singapore cane.
PAPER SANDMAN FOR EVO!!

Josh99 - I really hope this isnt the last MK sees of you. You threw me for a loop, man. Keep that mind sharp and those skills solid. Remember, no great player has ever built their empire without first tasting defeat, so dont let those losses get to you, theyll only make you better in the end.

Krayzie - I cant fucking wait to see you drop bombs on SCR. Really glad you came out and I got to meet you and see your red and yellow duo in action, amigo, I still cant believe you pulled off Ermac's 24-hitter, on stream no less...like I said sunday, if I ever accomplish anything with my robot or my red ninja, you'll be one of the biggest reasons why.

KT Smith - That Smoke of yours is a killer and a half. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn...
Great meeting you, we gotta talk some heavy metal when next we tangle. I too enjoy me some old-school KsE :D.

Maxter - Right up there with Check as one of the most inspiring dudes I met all weekend. To go from watching you and Cyrax light up the horizon on the streams and constantly upping my yellow ante in the hopes of even getting close to your prowess, to wandering the parking lots talking about the Cyrax trolls and doing battle with your Cage/remembering how much I fucking love playing the strategy game with Sub-Zero, keeping my head up after i got knocked out and just being a great dude in general...you completely exceeded my expectations of awesomeness. Now my voice keeps slipping into my Puerto Rican accent, lol. Thank you, my friend. I cant wait til the next time we meet when I get the PS2 pad subtleties down and I can actually put up a respectable fight, I promise I'm nowhere near as average as i appeared, lol.

Noobe - You VS Brady was the hypest shit since sliced bread. Awesome Cyrax, my friend :D.

PIG OF THE HUT - The Cyber-Sub-Zero Song will live on forever. So, so, so glad we finally got to meet and chill, watching you work is like really, really fucking violent poetry in motion. I call dibs on the next Hidden Random Whopper $$$ Match :D.

Quantus - possibly THE best Stryker I've ever seen. Thanks for trying to help me salvage my tourney with that pad :D.

PimpUigi - I wish I'd remembered who you were before you knocked me on my ass >.< completely forgot the evil your Scorpion tends to unleash. I definitely owe you a competent rematch. Hope we meet again :D. Sex Kick!

REO - I cant count the number of times I've seen you and Kabal go to war with Jr and Jax, and it never gets old, amigo.
Your an inspiration to all of us, a fucking brilliant strategist under pressure, and I have not a clue how you can pull off the pressure you do on a pad. Fuck, I try and shell out NDC's and I cramp up like a grandma. Really hope I get to hang with you for more than an elevator trip or two and pick your brain one day, you seem like the DanCock kind of dude who could hold up an awesome talk about who knows what. Unabashedly hoping you pull a new character out of your pocket sometime soon - nothing against the Krispy One, I'm just really in the mood for a new "REO Destroys Everyone With *Dot Dot Dot* campaign. Keep the pimp hand strong, my friend :D.

Revolver - one of my absolute favorite pals from this journey. You make me wish I was competent with Kitana.
The Best Of 5 between you and Detroit was easily one of the most exciting sets I saw all weekend. I hope you go into total overdrive in 2012, because youve got one of the most versatile and frightening Kits I've ever seen. Only a matter of time, comrade...only a matter of time.

REYTHEGREAT! - Man oh man. You were a cool fuckin' dude, i just wish we couldve gotten that Best Of 5 set in, foolish me for packing my shit in too early >.<. Youre another guy i definitely need to put in some war time with - my internet's been a lot less shitty lately, so when I get my replacement pad, ill be looking for you online, and we're gonna have us a good ol' fashioned throwdown :D. Great meeting you, broseph.

RTO Toxic - My right hand man for pretty much the whole trip, another comrade until infinity. Dude. I cant even keep track of all the awesome and terrible and awesome again shit we saw come and go, but Im seriously considering pulling off a hail mary miracle and coming to Final Round just so me, you and Hito and make THE SALTY SEQUEL to NEC. I dont even need to tell you that you rule, because you know that i know that you know how much i believe you to rule.
Do I even need to say it? I'll give you a hint: It starts with an M, and rhymes with CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.
Woolay. All day. The Toxic Box Adventures are FAR from over...

Sabin, Shock & STORMS - Simply put: You guys are my fucking heroes for pulling the pieces together and saving the show.
Storms, Im so glad you didnt decapitate Tom, lol. Really glad we got to have some chill time towards the end, now I know the man behind the articles, lol.

Swift Tom Hanks - "FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!" Youre an awesome guy, a fantastic Sektor, and a fellow with good taste in sandwiches and signatures. Excellent adventures we did have...Hope we meet again :D.

Teef - "Your accent is soothing." Lolz. Great meeting you, my friend. Hope you keep breaking bodies for many moons to come.

TOM BRADY - Addiction to trolling or not, you are a really, really cool guy :). I'll admit a little sliver of me was expecting a less pleasant fellow, but you turned out to be a G and a half, and I'm really glad I finally got to meet the Patron Saint Of Sub-Zero himself and have some decent chats. Patch be damned, I have every intention of commiting to Sub in the coming months, so you'll at least have one occupant of the SZ forums whose humanity you wont have to question. Next time, I'm gonna bring my copy of MKDA in the hopes of running a mini-tourney so I can see the power of Drahmin for myself.

W1nter Warz - The only keyboard player I saw all weekend, and youre a damn good one at that. Well played, my friend :D.

So many awesome others I didnt get to meet/spend nearly enough time chilling with...Ashenar, Scoot McGee, MCPeanuts, J360, Mike Metroid, Pherleece, the list goes on...

I know I'm forgetting people and I'm gonna feel like a goof, but all of you...
Thank you for giving me one of the most memorable, amazing experiences of my life.

Really sad I barely got to fight any of you, other than a few casuals I jumped into just for the sake of saying I did...my pad was giving me issues from the start of saturday and officially shit out and died on me not long before the show started and totally killed my momentum/sucked the fire out of my proverbial grill :(.
BUT ITS NOT OVER! No fucking way.
I will, without a doubt, be back for more, with solid gear, and a thirst for kombat in dire need of quenching.
And I promise in advance, anyone whose path I cross on the battlefield - I'll give you a battle worth remembering :D.

BOXY - OUT!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Is it wrong of me to always dread this part..? lmao

@DanCock : Thank you for everything... letting me use your 4G and being my sidekick at tournaments. I really wish we lived closer! lmao

@Shock : Until next time, sir... every time I see you, I remember that I am only there because of your inspiration. You are truly the Godfather as whenever there is something I am deeply unsure of, I follow your wisdom and words. See you at WB, friend.

@summoning : Thank you for all of your kind words... as you probably noticed I don't take flattery too well, lol. I just do what I do because I love the community and always like to take initiative. Not sure if you guys know it, but I continue to look up to you guys... so, thank you.

@Hitoshura : I love you too and it's ALL HOMO! lmao... j/k. But really, thank you for being such an outstanding guy at tournaments. The way you make me feel at tournaments is very special to me... you feel like the big brother I never had.

@9.95 : Dude, where do I begin... our blood runs deep and I love you guys like brothers... I am not sure if you guys realize how "good" of friends you are to me... more like "best" friends. You ever need anything, STORMS' got you.

@Tom Brady : You were indeed a Jedi knight this time around... very good to see you as always and it was good to talk to you as well. It was also good to see you smiling a lot... you had a new look at NECXII... keep it, bro.

@CD jr @CRAZY DOMINICAN @Maxter : You guys have become very special to me AND the community. Mortal Kombat 9's offline scene would not be as nearly as hype as it is now without your reputations and continuations of what you do... you're my brothers, too! :)

@Sushi : Yes, I am thanking you again! Thanks for helping us out... hey, we appreciate the help given to us and you'll know it. ;)

@AREZ God of War : You are a fuckin character and I mean that in the most loving way... lmao. Thank you for helping us run the tournament. You need to be on the megaphone at WB too!

@REO : It was damn nice to see you again since Winter Brawl 5, dude... you're still one of my idols. :)

@Pig Of The Hut : I know we've had beef before but I say this from the bottom of my heart... it was an honor to meet you, watch you play and chill with you. I hope to see you again in the future, bro. Excellent top 8 showing!!

@MortySeinfeld : I loved that Sonya and the "comeback" game you brought in your matches... as I said during the top 8, "Damn, Morty's not fuckin' around!" :)

@DetroitBalln313 : Mad love and respect for you and your Shang... Congratulations!!! :)

@Noobe : You were my favorite person to finally meet and talk to... I mean, c'mon we've known each other since '05! lol... good shit and excellent Cyrax!

@Krayzie : Joking, planning, talking to you in person is something that I always take home and remember. "I feel like I have to go.." :)

@AC1984 : LOVE seeing you and hope we see each other again at WB..?

[MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION]: Even though we never really ever get time to chill and talk... I look at you like a "FGC celebrity" and probably always will. Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do for the MK community!

I'm forgetting people.... forgive me but I'm done typing for now, lmao....

Lastly, thank you everyone who tuned in to the phone stream and thanked us for it. It meant the world to hear the comments!

Why

Noob
Gotta give shoutouts to MCPeanuts and PimpUigi for coming from two demographics to cheer me on during my semi-scrubby demonstration. Didn't expect that from you, appreciate the advice.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Gotta give shoutouts to MCPeanuts and PimpUigi for coming from two demographics to cheer me on during my semi-scrubby demonstration. Didn't expect that from you, appreciate the advice.
WHY! I didnt even know you were on TYM, man.
Thanks for the awesome match, at least I was able to keep it close so my outing wasnt a total bust, lol.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I'll try to keep this short as I have tons of crap to do. Thanks to Big E and Hubbs for the great event.

Thanks to Shock, 9.95,Storms, Arez, Pherliece for running the whole show!

Mad respect for all kombatants and the champions in particular. Detroit was gdlk and showed what he was made of this weekend. NoDoubt killed in UMK3, Check dominated at MK DC, btbb owned in MK2 and Crazy Dominican crushed in KI. Guys, take a bow!!! Special props for all top players REO, Pig, Morty, RIU48, Crazy Dominican, CD. jr (Even tho you got 2nd, you're still a champion for me!!!) and Maxter!!! You guys fucking rule.

I would also like to thank my good friends Teef and SwiftTomHanks for being who they are. Without you guys, I wouldn't be even playing mk9.

This weekend I met tons of great players and great folks in general, I want to thank all of you for the great time and I hope to see all of you again soon:

Mezmerize(Killer Kung Lao),Mikemetroid, Summoning, Krayzie bone, Storms, DanCock, Revolver, Beer ed, BoxyRobot, Death, Jer,Tom Brady, Check, Pig of the Hut (shout outs to Atlanta for representing so strong), Detroit, Morty, Maxter, CD, CD jr., NoDoubt, REO,btbb, RIU48, Catch22, JamesMK, Blackula,Rey the great, Eazil, Scoot, Hitoshura (best guy in the whole mk community),pimpuigi, Bluenine,J360, Arturo, Noobe,KT Smith,Lion heart, Josh99,WinterWarz,LI Joe and Sweet Johny Cage.....

If I forgot someone I'll come back and edit...

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Alright I guess it's time for my shoutouts. I had an awesome time at this tourney, my first time out of the country and I did decent I guess but looking to do much better next month and the ones to come.

[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] [MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION]: Thanks alot guys for letting me room with you, you two are really cool guys and I can't wait to meet you again.

[MENTION=355]AC1984[/MENTION] You're a really cool guy, we didn't get to play but it was great meeting you

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION] God damn dude you're funny as hell, prolly one of the funniest people i've ever met. I hope to see you again at some future tournaments

[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] Andrew man, you're too cool of a guy. Great Sektor, I didn't mind you knocking me outta the tournament :) Hope to see you soon

[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION] The what, one game we played was mad fun. Sucks about your placing but there's always other tournaments, look forward to seeing you again.

[MENTION=2228]Eazail[/MENTION] Great hour or however long we played, your KL is pretty gdlk. Grats on your placement in the tournament.

[MENTION=3088]Hitoshura[/MENTION] aka Babydick. Sorry if you were somewhat salty after our loss :( <3 You're such a nice guy and a great player, you Noob is dirty, sucks that you wanna drop him because he's ass :( I really wanna come down to NYC sometime and chill with you and the VSM guys

[MENTION=3199]CitizenSnips[/MENTION] We played for like 20 mins and you made me look free as hell, dirty reptile :) Hope to see you soon.

[MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION] Yo man, those games we played were soooooo fun. Your Cyrax/Ermac are too sick, if you ever wanna know more shit on the Mileena MU lemme know :)

[MENTION=2200]w1nter warz[/MENTION] You're free, that's all ;)

[MENTION=3835]Ernovaku[/MENTION] Always a pleasure to see you dude, can't wait to see you again.

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] Great to finally get to meet you, you're a really good guy and a great player. I hope you make it out to winter brawl, because I've got my eyes set on going to Final Round

[MENTION=8741]RTO Toxic[/MENTION] Dude, you're fucking Godlike. You're trash talking to Josh99 was so good, so much respect for you. Hope to see you again sometime

Detroit Ballin (Idk the exact naming so no @ :( ) GG's we had in the ATL room, you're so diverse it's insane. Congrats again on your win at the tournament.

[MENTION=8871]Death[/MENTION] We didn't have any Mileena mirrors, makes me sad :( You're fucking amazing though. :D

[MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION] Yo I don't even get a shoutout? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. No but for real, you're one of the most genuinely nice people i've ever met in my entire life, your Kenshi is gdlk as well. Really looking forward to seeing you again.

[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION] (I hope there's no numbers missing here) We didn't talk much, but you're a really nice dude, Grats on your win in MKvDC.

[MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION] Yo we only talked, but damn you're cool. I really hope the next time I'm around we can get some matches in.

[MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION] Yo man, our matches first round were so close. Was an honor to play you, your Sonya is nuts, wish I could've beat ya though :) Grats on your placement

[MENTION=1321]Blackula[/MENTION] We didn't play, but talked a bit and man you're cool. Big grats on your placement and doing some gdlk shit on the stream.

To anyone else I'm forgetting right now sorry, I got like no sleep on the way home, and I know i'm gunna end up editing this post multiple times.

<3

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
DAMMIT! I knew I was missing somebody...thanks, Jer-tastico :D. I hope we meet again, my friend, Ive got so many games to get in, its not even funny, and youre without a doubt on the list. I really need some Mil practice.

jamessmk

I am your god
Ok........... let me start by saying shoutout right away to anyone I that I met and do not mention. Really sorry :( I had met so many cool ass people that my brain is in shock. By far, once again the best community. It keeps getting better. OK here we go

Storm- the man, the myth, and savior of all things TYM. Saved day with stream, great interviews..much love in a non special way :) Our future looks bright and have work cut out. Reach out to me.

Summoning - You the man, without you I would not have come back to this great scene. You the man. Thanks " Even under the circumstance" :)

Shock - The Godfather, the UMK3 messiah. Lots to do, we need you to help keep it going. You are family and a Friend

Phil - You are the heart of VSM, so much more than a stream guy. I am in debt to you for the inclusion to VSM, legendary always

Sushi - you are the new light of the MK world. With cam in hand and a stream machine. You da best!!

Pherleece - The future of VSM, and a newer member of VSM, welcome to the family. My doors always open to you. Truly amazing how you stepped up to help the tournament staff. All of us at VSM truly owe you, my eyes you top dog.

Arez GOW - Great F/N time . Nice to have a drinking partner, that really did not need a Megaphone to get things going. You rock dude. Next tournament I got 1st round.

It is these people we the player are in debt to. Now for da playas

DetroitBallin - I give much respect all around great guy, game is a game it is the friendship that grow from this that makes us a kommunity, you have the belt, and now a bulleyes, and my blessing, but a marked man, you are :)

Cdjr - Just like in Rocky, one lose will only make you stronger. No shame in losing, only quitting. You have a gift and people want to see it. Carry on like a solider brother

Reo - Same I say to Cdjr, you guys are both top players and top guys. Family we are. Time to level up more as well. We will all get together. Usted estas chupacabra

Morty - really did not get to talk sorry but we will next time... another top player out there

CrazyDominican - Silent but deadly, brother, maintain shit even in KI, the mac of the CD's, always great times

Pig - Man, you a funny ass cat.. had me pissing my pants on stream. Much repsect for your playing skills as well as you. Next time we get hammered

Maxter - mi amigo, my drinking partner, the Cyrax man. Always a pleasure mi amigo. Time for you to bring a higher game to man. You need a major already, brother

Riu48 - another brother, who speaks with actions not words. Top notch Sonya. Great stuff see your ass down at VSM.. You to need to level up, you need a major.

Now for these rest of yo all

Arturo - the media master, with cam in hand.. Cheech n Chong gotr shit on you. True Stream man

Big E - coming through with great tournaments as always.. much love, but more bandwidth please:)

KT Smith - truly awesome dude. Let me know when you want me to install that eye laser dude

Tom Brady - The Jimmy Hart of MK, what more can I say Mannnnnnnnnnnnn. You rock!

SwitfTomHanks - you are another great player, and man I swear you are mini Bill Gates. video coming soon :)

Chris G - Thank god your ass got nocked out, yeah dam straight I am salty :( But either way good shit bro, come to VSM more

Josh99- Koolest and Saltest kid out there. Dont worry in da future you have epic battles in your 30's with Paper Legend, get a rival and leve up

OneBoxyRobot - Funny as guy, have me rolling. Great meeting you hope to see you at more tournament in future or visit VSM. "Get'em a Body Bag"

Mike? - Everytime a new hair color, does not play MK, but Blue blaze, with his blue hair. Always a pleasure dude

j360- Brother, you are another top dog. We need to make more video. See ya at VSM

Mario Hit- Always a blast with you, getting kicked of the stream, but F'em you da man

Check - Man, no sleep for us, plus a puke fest for me.. But you are the best keep up your video. Haters will hate. But MK vs DC is all you. Great shit, come to VSM or casuals by me, just call me.

Revolver - Mr controversy sorry I could not squeeze you in, come to VSM I owe you a beer. Great dude all around

XXteefXX- You are cool as hell, "The Egyptian Magician", you da man "Tel has tisee":)

AC1984 - Mr UMK3 and kabal master. Always pleasure seeing you.

Arion - the nut, i love this kid always focused UMK3.. now you won it way to go

Ezaile - we do not talk much probably because I am still salty on KL vs KL at salty battles :) always great seeing you turn out. Future top 8 major

Blackula - you my friend, make me think Jamaican vampire. You bring da pain man.

Krazie- we did not talk much in your visit, but you are an asset to this community beyond recognition. True rep to So Cal. VSM welcome you to the family

Alright, I am really sorry if I missed you, but it is 3:30 and I have work. Plus I can not go back in time unless it is to alter the future. Great Job by the community as a whole. It grows more and more 8,000 strong at TYM

Oh one last person PL............ Paper Legend " 2 times in one year EVO champ, Soul Caliber 9 champ, and DOA 7 champ, and just recently SF10 East Coast Champ"

Thank you all, for the best times

Hitoshura

Head Cage
[MENTION=3088]Hitoshura[/MENTION] aka Babydick. Sorry if you were somewhat salty after our loss :( <3 You're such a nice guy and a great player, you Noob is dirty, sucks that you wanna drop him because he's ass :( I really wanna come down to NYC sometime and chill with you and the VSM guys
Nah im not dropping the guy. I don't have it in me. I only drop characters that are unplayable. Ill be picking up someone else for most of my tournament use though but if i have to bust out everyone's favorite noob then by all means I will.

As for being salty I wasn't salty at u or the match lose. I was salty how i jumped over ur kunai attempt and hit u with 212 and the 1 wiffed b/c I had x -ray for game which would of took us to game 3 :C

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
[MENTION=3074]Jer[/MENTION] YO, I wouldn't consider myself godlike lol, I need an answer for YOUR godlike mileena daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. I'll keep reppin reptile and quan and see how it goes though lol. It was awesome meeting you man, keep up the good shit.

EDIT: Also, Josh is gunna have to pay for his pizza from now on lol.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
[MENTION=8140]pherleece[/MENTION] - Cool meeting you bro, you seem like a awesome person (and you look damn different with your hat and glasses off lol ) want to see you play sometime.

@DetroitBallin - Congrats on taking NEC. Phenominal player and great person, thanks for all the help you and Morty gave me, keep up the good work. Want to see more of your Skarlet lol

@Morty - just like Detroit, outstanding player, awesome sonya, and great person. Thank you for the help and advice on my gameplay. Good luck to you and Detroit in future tournaments

@Pig - Thanks for giving me the opportunity to go to NEC, thank you for all the help as always, keep up the good work in tournaments, and that CSZ lol

[MENTION=41]Tom Brady[/MENTION] - Always good to hear your opinion and see you play in tournaments. Good luck in Brazil maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION] - Yo, this is my bro, the one and only Boxy. It was awesome meeting you man, you HAVE to come to Final Round. Also, we have to smoke sometime bro hahaha.

[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION] - It was cool to meet you in person, CONGRATS on MK v DC win versus Tom. Love your videos keep up the good shit.

[MENTION=7502]Revolver[/MENTION] - solid Kitana man, can't remember the matches I played you though haha I just remember your gameplay being good

[MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION]- Without a DOUBT one of the nicest people I have EVER met. keep up the good work in forums and gameplay. I love you man no homo hahaha You gotta come to final round too.. We have to play some casuals and hang out

[MENTION=7367]catch22[/MENTION]- your enthusiasm is awesome man lol you're so much hype I love it. Also, you underrate yourself! You're a good player man keep up the good shit with Kung Lao. If you think you're bad then I want to see how good your kid is lol. Keep up the good shit looking forward to seeing you in future tournies
[MENTION=3199]CitizenSnips[/MENTION]- Really glad I met you man, it was great to talk about Reptile MUs and see you play, looking forward to talking to you in the future and playing some casuals

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Another guy I'm ultra-hyped came out and I got to hang with: CATCH-22.
Bro, you remind me of what Poppa Box would be like if he played FG's. I know you said you were retiring, but I'd be a liar if I said I wasnt hoping you'll be back with 22 Jr in tow :D. Great times, my friend.

RED DJINN - you and Pimp are the reasons Scorpion's gonna be my new focus on fighting against. Sick fuckin' spears and so forth, bro. Gotta run it back next time :D.

Does anyone know who the Freddy girl in the cosplay suit was?
That was the most mindblowing shit ever. I look down at one of the stations, and there's CHUN-LI clawing off faces with Krueger.
$$$$$.

I have too many people to name them all. I had so much fun all weekend long.

Big shoutouts to everyone that I met playing in the room on and off stream. There seemed to be 10-15 people constantly playing in the room. Lots of awesome stuff going on. Everyone I met was really cool and I had a great time meeting, hanging, talking and playing with everyone. (Dan Cock, Blackula, Revolver, Lionheart, winter wars, death, hito, josh99, noobe, oneboxyrobot, swifttomhanks, Sabin, eazail, citizensnips, quantus, jer, and everyone else that stopped by. Sorry if I missed you.

Catch22 - Awesome to meet you and hang with you during the weekend. I am glad that I shared the room with someone that was so cool.

Check - Very possible the nicest person I met the entire tournament. Had a nice time every time we talked.

Teef - I am glad to have been able to hook you up, and hang for a bit.

Tom Brady - It was nice to meet you. Great stuff in the SZ vs CSZ money match that was so hyped up we had to stop streaming so everyone in the room could watch it.

Mezmorize - Great to meet you and play against you in casuals and in the tournament. Super nice dude.

Detroit - Great meeting you. Another super chill guy and congrats on winning.

Morty - Great stuff in the tournament. It was good to meet you.

Special Shouts to:

AC1984 - Very nice to have met you and play against you.

Summoning - Thanks for taking me to the woodshed while the games was coming back to me. I had so much fun playing you.

BT - Only got a few casuals in but you are certainly a beast. Lots of fun playing you. I was happy just taking a couple of games off of you when you were not trying.

No Doubt - Couple of casuals and a tournament loss but great kitana mirror matches.

Phil - Only a few games in against you but it was still awesome. Thank you for everything you do for the MK community.

JamesMK - It was awesome to meet you and talk with you. You are the real deal and cracked me up every time we talked.

And anyone else I got to play MK2 with. That was by far the most fun I have had playing MK since the arcades. It was so awesome to not only play my favorite game but to play it against people that know how to play too. Even though I was just a little rusty after only playing MKAK 1 day after its release (shout outs to needing the patch still) it was awesome to see old school guys playing the old school games with the same high level play from the arcade games. I may need to move to NYC just to play you guys on Thursdays. All of the old school peeps were exactly how I had hoped they would be. Laid back and cool fun to talk to, and you can tell why the MK community survived during the dark ages with guys like you keeping the MK community alive.

I will be back next year for MK2 again. That made the weekend for me so very special.

Shout outs to RTO Toxic, Pig of the Hut, Ashenar, Red Djinn for riding up in the MK mini van all the way from Atlanta. It was an awesome time for sure.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
The worst Part of the tournament, is saying goodbye :(
specially knowing this will be the last one for me and my up and coming son AJ, who didnt make it due to me being a father first and a friend later ;)

I have met some really cool guys while in my short lived tournament scene, i have helped made my kid's AJ fulfilled some of his dreams by meeting and playing
some if not the best players around.
sucks to say goodbye, specially after a killer NEC tournament in a personal fun type perspective way.

but here are some shout outs, please, if i dont mention you is due to me having lots on my mind and also meeting tons of people :(
but ill try my best.

[MENTION=5207]jamessmk[/MENTION] as always, your internet though guy ways had me rolling all fucking weekend, i will miss you the most, but will keep in touch.
Oh and your wife call scared me you asshole :p LOL

@VSM Phil, shock, maximo, robin, manny, mario....awesome people, by far the nicest and most humble people ive met in my tournament short lived life.
I will always have respect for all of you, you all are the cream of the crop, and despite detroits win at NEC, i still think, and i know in my heart of hearts, that no one can even come close to the skill level that resides there.
will miss you guys.

[MENTION=4641]BeerGuyEd[/MENTION] brother thank you, you helped me a lot, and it is much appreciated, wish we had more time to play tho :(
great meeting you brother.
much respect for you.

[MENTION=4342]RedDjinn[/MENTION] brother, we never fought lol, but i will tell you not to forget what i said about the baby, trust me, as a guy we tend to at times ;)
pleasure to meet you.

[MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION] brother you are one of the most unique people ive met, you are goodhearted, you are competitive, your kenshi is beastly...and many other things game related.
but....the one i unique part about you was when we where outside, and you told me somethings that hit home. never thought any one would feel like you felt in this day and age, you are truly an awesome dude, and i wish you the best on that other thing we talked about....you out of all deserves it the most...

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION] brother you where one cool cat, wish we could have played a few, but besides that? have no complaints and nothing but love and respect for you brother :)

[MENTION=8741]RTO Toxic[/MENTION] bro, your quan cheese is great, and hence one of the many reasons to hate that character lol, trully you are a cool cat my friend, keep up the good work brother.
nice to have met you ;)

[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION] bro, you and only you can have such a great attitude, your demeanor was amazing, as if you didnt have a care in the world.
i wish i could have that brother, you are one of the best people ive met so far while doing this stuff.
mix masta check.....you will always have my support, ALWAYS :)

[MENTION=41]Tom Brady[/MENTION] the most under estimated guy on the planet, people love to hate you, people love to hate what they cant ever achieve.
keep your head up brother, and i thank you for making the effort and continue support for this MK game, wish NRS would take a page from your book and supported the way you do.
we will meet again, as i have to pay you back for that jc trap bs i never have seen before lol....hope by then i can be any good :(
take care brother, and always be you no matter what.

[MENTION=2228]Eazail[/MENTION] brother sorry i forgot about you :( our matches where great, and ive learned from them, still remember when we busted out laughing cus we both did the same thing at the start of the match lol
good shit bro, great to meet you :)
KL FTW xD

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] brother you are one hell of a cool guy, while we didnt really get to play seriously, i do appreciate all the words of encouragement you have given me, wheater you realize it or not, i take what people say seriously, specially if its coming from a prominent member like yourself.
we will meet again, i still want to beat your CSZ lol
thank you for beating that one dude that i dont want to name ;)
you know who and thats all that matters :)

sorry if i forgot someone, to much to do and so many people ive met....please support this great game, as it seems like is up to us since nrs cant be bothered to.
love you all, it has been fun.

till then.
Alex.

jamessmk

I am your god
I did not forget, for me Catch22 is the only reason I rejoin the community after 15yrs. He is a player, a father, and a true brother. He is a man who is top dad, bringing his son to play in tournaments. Very supportive and aware dad. He tends to make me have to carry more depends with me, due to him making me piss my pants. He is a very easy going cat, great personality, and big heart.

Hahaha - he is approximately
5'10

He likes rainbows and long walks in parks. His hobbies include bareback riding, frisbee, and pills, and of course MK. He snores mucho, mucho fumar, hija de puta

He ISO any dude that will give him a disease free time. He prefers gringos over latino and African/American.

Mannnnn. Sorry guys he straight up and a true blood brother of. "the paper legend" so watch cha back

Always pleasure, I will make a Milwaukee trip soon, promise

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh my... I've never met such a great amount of people, awesome people at that.

I have way too much to say on this thread. I'll come back a bit later with my shoutouts, for now... I probably need a nap, I just got home from NY. lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sorry if i miss anyone. I had a terrific time with all of you this weekend.

@Detroit - Man Im so damn proud of you in so many ways. Your performance has not only put shang on the map in a major way (no pun intended) but you've proven to all your haters, doubters and fans that you are a true champion and an elite player in every way. You were a pleasure to room with, train with and I thank you in so many ways for training with me pre NEC and at NEC because I owe a lot of my leveling up to you, morty and mr mileena in prep for NEC. This is your first Major win but this definitely isnt your last. You are the true owner of the REAL belt and the only person i know who is a strong advocate for HI C fruit punch........shout outs to fruitopia lol.

@morty - I had an absolute great time with you and detroit hanging out, training and learning. You're such a super cool guy to talk with, know and for that i feel very lucky. I'm so damn proud of the way you persevered in your matches and your placing is something to be extremely proud of. You are the best sonya out there as well as Riu48 and I had a killer time this weekend hanging out with you. Thank you so much for your kenshi/sonya help as well as overall tips.

@hito - You're the #1 guy that if i ever moved to NYC i know right off the bat we'd be best friends, lol. You're super cool and hilarious man and i really enjoyed our noob/csz matches and probably the only thing that sucks about NEC is the crunch for time for hanging out and playing more w everyone. Definitely going to call you when im up in NYC so we can drink, hang and play more matches. Enjoyed your commentary from a far even if you were routing against me lol. You brought hype and energy and for that MK is lucky to have you.

@Tom_Brady - I dont even know what to say here, I both love you and ......hmm love you lol. We get on each other's ass all the time but it's all in god fun. No matter how bad we trash each other or lift each other up we're definitely good friends man and it will always be that way. It feels really good however for me to enact revenge on you in pools and knock you to losers after your kung lao at evo made my mileena feel small. Plus i wrote you a song that proved to be somewhat true and not, i should just post it in here.....maybe However I gotta admit though you put me in my place on the CSZ vs sub match like 5-1. I think i enjoyed our MKDC matches more though my lex vs your lanter, that was hot. I look forward to the next time we play and hang and good luck to you in Brazil. Wear a condom

[MENTION=6818]James[/MENTION]mk - Easily one of the coolest MF'ers i've ever hung with or talked to. I know we think so much a like from the start when you walked in as paper legend and i heard about this "belt" you made. It was a true honor to watch you play older MK games and get to know you more. Just like Hito, I'd love to talk and hang out more when in NYC. You made me laugh so hard all weekend. Props man, props!!!

@Teef - Detroit, Morty and I all came to the conclusion you are seriously the nicest soul we've ever met. I enjoyed meeting you in person and learning from you. Your kenshi knowledge is tops and the hour you spent showing me traps, strings, combos, etc was one of the most enjoyable parts of my weekend at nec. My only regret man is not bringing my guitar and jamming with you and having more time to hang out. Detroit/Pig vs Check/Teef tag mode was epic, so many good games in that late night series, it was epic. Shout out to castlevania!!! Teef i mean this man, our friendship is forever and i support you in every thing you do. Thanks for being a great friend!

[MENTION=8871]Death[/MENTION] - Best Money Match EVER!!!!!!!!! 5-4 you. I have to say it and let everyone know that you have the best Mileena (ill take 2nd :) ) I just cant beat your mileena in a mirror to save my life and im proud to admit this. Give credit where credit is due. At least i have kenshi :) I gotta say you have "Im going to win a major" written all over you. You were one of 3 people i definitely did not want in pools lol. You almost beat REO (think it was 2-1 reo) and you definitely made a name for yourself quickly. Definitely excited about our future games together offline and online and you're definitely a player I admire. Super nice guy as well and a pleasure to meet.

@W1nterWarz - 2ND BEST money match EVER!!!!! lol, It's one of my missions to let everyone know how great of a player you are. You're a super nice person and someone that was just so easy to get along with and just hang out with. I really enjoyed chatting with you, talking about Curbolicous, MKF, etc lol and watching you and your cyrax give players a world of problems including my mileena. You guys have something really special in Canada and you guys represent Canada very well. Cheers buddy and our Team name WarPigz will rule!

[MENTION=2975]NeoRussell[/MENTION] - My arch nemesis, enemy and someone i consider a friend. WE NEVER GOT TO PLAY!!!!!!! Damn you russell!!! I troll you so bad because i respect you so much. I love what you do for the canadian FGC and you're a very talented player who ill never forget knocked me out of top 32 evo......ass. It was cool that we were able to hang out some and just joke around, next time we shall play!!! WAR!!!!!!!! :)

@CDjr - I have 100% the utmost respect for your skills, accomplishments and more importantly you as a person. You were a true pleasure to meet, talk with and compete with. There isnt another Jax out there like you and it was a phenomenal match between you and detroit, two of the most deserving players in MK. I had the most trouble playing against you because you have no holes in your game, you're so fundamentally sound it's freakish. You're a true gem to the community and i look forward to continuing our battles!

@CD - Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn DAMN! LOL. Not only do you knock me out of top 8 but i get you first round in the Killer Instinct Tourney? WTF??!? Lol, just joking, You are god like with Kitana and I respect you so much for all that you've done and the person you are. It was a pleasure playing in top 8 with you and our casuals. I look forward to getting a chance to redeem myself :)

[MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION] - First thought when i met you? I want that jacket, im a little jealous. lol. Best cyrax ive ever played against and you are the ONLY Johnny Cage to EVER and i mean EVER give me any trouble. Johnny Cage is so free man until I played against yours. Playing casuals with you and hanging out with you was worth the trip alone to NEC. MK community is lucky to be filled with such men of character like yourself as well as your two brothers. Nothing but love and respect for you three.

[MENTION=5716]J360[/MENTION] or should i say CyBlax. My CSZ buddy till the end, next time we have to get the Cyber-off matches in. I enjoyed watching your CSZ in person in pools and in casuals. You play so well and unique with both of them. It really doesnt surprise me you are repping CyBlax because the way you play CSZ makes him seem like a different character all together than the way i play him. When i talk with you I can just tell right off the bat "this is one smart MF'er" and i feel like we learn a lot speaking. Look forward to many more times in the future my man.

[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION] - FINALLY after 10 long years (i think 10) we get to meet. We have so much history together online it's sick we havent hjad a chance to play and hang out until now. I am so proud of you and envious of your current "doings" and especially your MKDC win, well deserved and rightfully earned. Watching you play MKDC made me realize, hey this game isnt that bad offline. Online it was atrocious but watching you was extremely entertaining. Check, you are a living MK legend......YOU are the reason so many exisiting fans and new fans of the game play MK and are inspired by everything you do. You have an extremely bright future ahead of you with what we discussed and I look forward to following you in everything you do. Honor to be a friend!

[MENTION=3074]Jer[/MENTION] - Your Mileena really surprised me and i really enjoyed watching the Riu48/Jer match and wish it was on stream for all to see. You played that MU so well and almost pulled it out and really inspired me to consider rethinking that MU for myself. Loved our casual and tag games and wish we could have gotten more in. Super nice guy and cool person to be around all weekend. I really want to make Winter Brawl and you're part of that reason. Great asset to community

[MENTION=4641]BeerGuyEd[/MENTION] - A great friend and completely great guy. Without you I dont think Atlanta goes to NEC at all and you're a true asset to the community nationwide. You had such a strong effect on everyone's enjoyment by allowing people to be streamed, play casuals all weekend in the room and just being an enjoyable player and person to know. I enjoyed watching you play MK2 all night that Sunday and loved the SSF4ae casuals we had. We'll have to get more in soon.

[MENTION=714]NoDoubt[/MENTION] - LOL i had an awesome time talking about MKF and Miss Spin and their "situation" lol, congrats man on your UMK3 tourney victory, very impressive stuff.

@rtotoxic - You leveled up so much this weekend and really were the only one representing Quan and you did it well in the tournament and in casuals. I saw your skills grow so much this weekend and im happy you randomly messaged me on TYM before that Atlanta tourney because now we have a great friendship and that means a lot. one of the most memorable moments was with you and Josh99 getting into a little argument/fight then settling it with a pizza match which you pulled out in the end 2-1. Hilarious stuff but that was classy of you to still give him a piece of pizza.

[MENTION=7135]josh99[/MENTION] - Josh hungry - Josh want pizza - Thanks for your support and kind words all weekend

@SawnikFawk - SAWNIK!!!! I think im your biggest fan ever, you're 13 years old and you came and wrecked ass at NEC at your first tournament ever. It was awesome meeting your whole family and was definitely cool to see them support you the way they did. Also you are the only one to Babality Detroit at NEC lol - Let the crap talking begin LOL. call/txt anytime.

[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] - Two of the funniest memories I have from nec was you trolling the Krypt on stream and everything that came out of your mouth. I think you're one of the funniest people ive ever talked to or met, i can tell we'd be friends and hang out a lot if lived in same area. Im sorry about making you catch the "F" train but really enjoyed meeting you and talking. Great guy Great experience (new tom brady shirt)

@Lionheart - So like i told you, you're one of the people i feared going into this tourney knowing you defeated death. You were a super nice guy and someone i really enjoyed playing casual tag with and competing with in the tournament. The sub mirror match w Brady was a blast and I look forward to more time together in the future. Hit me up anytime online and definitely let me know if you're coming to final round so we can hang out.

[MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] - Phil if someone asked me who are the main key figures in the driving force of the MK community without question and hesitation id say you along with Shock. I have so much admiration, respect and love for everything you do with VSM, touneys and all around community. You put yourself in so many pots that have trickling effects down the whole community tree and people never understand why we are able to do what we love to do. Id say you're part of the reason why. Thank you so much for everything you have done and continue to do. Your energy is GREATLY appreciated. Call me anytime for anything! Go Jets! Sorry Dancock

[MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] 's Dogs - BARK BARK BARK, roomed right next to us and super cute.

[MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] - Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :) Dont you leave me again without us playing. You don't know this but i was prepping so hard for you and we didn't even play although for 2 months i had this sneaky feeling we would. Absolute respect for you as a player and im definitely a fan. Remember you and I are always to give tom a silent .....damnnnnnnnnn when he walks by. lol

[MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION] - Bone im getting worried, why is it we can room together at EVO and hang out at majors BUT WE NEVER GET TO PLAY?!?!?!?!?!

@Ashner - It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and riding in a van for 27 hours with you lol. Really enjoyed the kenshi talk, ssf4 ae games as well as the whole weekend experience. I look forward to coming to CEO and meeting more of your florida crew and major props for you coming all the way from one end to another. You set a high bar

@Pierre - SSF4 ae, that is all and the fact you slept more than any human i know........jealous

[MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION] - I have a lot of respect for you man, your sonya was top notch as is Morty's. Major props for knocking me to losers and major props for your final finish. Look forward to playing more games and im going get that revenge lol :) seriously thought much respect.

[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION] - Dan why/how did we not play or watch football?!?! I was really hoping to watch bills with you and see the passion within. Anyway sorry i got your text msgs when it was my turn to drive and need to txt you back. It was really great to finally meet you and i know you were a little preturbed your round robin didnt really happen but what did happen is because of you a lot of us were able to get together and play casuals and strengthen the community. Thanks for all that you do and shout out to your very weird podium, you're like a drummer who stands up. lol

@Ts_Sabin - Ahhhhh I had our alcohol but couldnt find you anywhere sunday after top 8. I feel so bad we didnt get to toast. I got pretty nervous man when it was you and i in losers finals. I just knew you were going to bring that revenge on me from new egg and man you really did bring it though. You play so intense and it is absolutely true, kenshi offline is hell of a lot harder to deal with and beat. You're a legend in your own way throughout the whole FGC and it was kcik ass to finally meet you in person and shoot the shit. Ill definitely see you around and we'll have to hang out.

[MENTION=2208]Noobe[/MENTION]101 - epic MM with tom and killer player you are. Glad you made it up from Florida and you definitely had everyone fearing that Cyrax. I really appreciate your kind words and support and look forward to more games with you while down in Florida for CEO.

[MENTION=3283]MeZMeRiZe[/MENTION] - One of the best kung laos at NEC and someone i didnt want in pools. Love our games offline and online and really wish we could play more as i feel w everyone. Weekend just flew by too quick even without sleep. Ill definitely give you a call Mike when Im in florida for some games. Your lao is fierce.

[MENTION=2765]KT Smith[/MENTION] - SMOKE! It was really nice meeting you and as with all the NYC and VSM guys it was a great to finally hang out with you guys. Wish we could have played games and we will when we meet up next time. Great showing w smoke in the tourney, im a fan. Anytime someone brings out smoke and rocks w him i love it.

[MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] - One of the true pioneers of the MK SCENE and still going strong and leading the way in multiple ways. Man we've talked on and on for years kind of like check and I and the fact we FINALLY got to meet and spend some time together was great. MK community is lucky to have guys like you and Phil because you do so much behind the scenes that people dont even understand. I for one appreciate everything you stand for and have done.

[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] - I honestly 100% have totally forgotten any beef we had, You do an outstanding job with the community, media, and expansion of the mk community. Wish we could have spoke more and discussed the community as a whole but all of us all weekend were just running around crazy. Hope you got home safe and it really was awesome meeting you man for the first time. Thanks for all you do and continue to do.

[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION]-Elbow-Tendon: I have more respect for you than I do [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] cause everytime i looked over at the stream you were sitting there in military stance steady as an arrow holding the iphone or whatever at the computer screen streaming the WHOLE FREAKING POOLS, And to think i bitched in the van about holding the iphone stream for 20-30 mins you held it for about 8 hours. Good god, go get some ice. Tell [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] to treat you better!!!

@Arez GOW - awesome to meet you man, sorry i dropped/forfeited our games in UMK3. I had some CD matches to play finally

[MENTION=3635]Red Djinn[/MENTION] - So explain to me this spicy chx sandwich ordeal again? Just kidding. It was great traveling with you and really glad you came with us and decided to stay another night instead of driving back. Best scorpion there next to Scoot and im DEFINITELY feeling your pain on the 1% energy left. that shit was nuts.

[MENTION=2859]Milk[/MENTION]metroid - hey man great time meeting you, great player. See you next time

[MENTION=3199]CitizenSnips[/MENTION] - Ok Snips, if we dont 1V1 next time you and i are @#$%@%#$ DONE! Just kidding, 90% of you might not know this but Snips was 5% health away from knocking detroitballn313 to losers. Im going to go ahead and say it and i wanna make myself clear this is my opinion but im sure all the top players agree with me.

BEST REPTILES: (in no order)
1. Snips
2. THTB
3. TS_sabin

Im tired of snips not getting any love, out of ANY player at NEC he is the one who came the closest to beating detroit. Detroit will say it to. Snips deserves a lot of credit. Great player and cool guy.

[MENTION=8508]Quantus[/MENTION] - LOL @ our burger king Whopper money Match, so close. We did a hidden select random MM match. It as killer meeting you and really proud someone there repped a strong stryker. Pretty inspiring. Hope to get some games in soon.

@one boxy - I really appreciated all your support and kind words and enjoyed your humor the whole weekend. Still to this day one of the funniest guys in the MK community.

[MENTION=7367]catch22[/MENTION] - Very under rated kung lao, i saw most of your matches and all close. Feel very lucky to have met you alex and hope to see you out at more events. Very good guy

[MENTION=1321]Blackula[/MENTION] - If you troll me one more time about UGA/LSU im going to explode :) Seriously how are we up 10-0 and lose by 40? Congrats to you and your AINTS for the weekend and honestly congrats on your placing, you were about 20% health away from top 8 and i really enjoyed your kenshi play and our casual matches together. You're an extremely talented player and you made a lot of noise in the pools w your kenshi. No one does cross up AA RK like you do.

[MENTION=355]AC1984[/MENTION] - it was awesome to see you again after spending time w you at EVO. One of the best kabals in the building. Wish we could have played, also your umk3 skills are really inspiring. Makes me want to pick it up again NOW.

@Eazial - The best Kung Lao offline ive seen since Perfect Legend. No Joke, massive skills the guy has. He was one round away i think from top 8 and he took out the Death in pools who has the best mileena in the world. Terrific guy w a great attitude and possibly the best gamer tag (the movie "friday") Im a huge movie buff and kinda pissed i missed the reference.

[MENTION=7502]Revolver[/MENTION] - You just got trolled

@pheelece - Great to meet someone i talk w in streams all the time with. Thanks for all your help during the NEC event.

@Nancy - You held it down like no other

@Hardees - YOU ARE THE WORST F ING FAST FOOD ESTABLISHMENT IN THE HISTORY OF FAST FOOD. WHY THE #%# DOES IT TAKE 30 MINS FOR A CHX SANDWICH AND FRIES? Theres a reason why you blow

@Burger King - Burger King failed us

@Wendy's - Lunch of champions (morty)

@McDonalds Drive Thru Woman - I love you, sorry for seeing you on consecutive nights and each night giving you 7 different orders. By the way do you guys have honey mustard? Hi c?

@Dodge Caravan (2010 edition) - Screw getting sponsorship by anyone, get it by Dodge Caravan who makes ill ass vehicles w Lag less TVs inside. Amazing. Call me DODGE, lets do lunch!

Great experience and plan to do it again next year. We've driven 14 there and 14 hours back i personally slept 4-5 hours for 4 days straight so im terribly tired. Ill see you guys later im about to go pass out for 3 days. :)