What's new

Question - Mystic Mystic force lift

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
so now that its been established that letting the lift drop itself gives 10% damage, would it be safe to assume that most combos should end in this for meter build purposes??

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
so now that its been established that letting the lift drop itself gives 10% damage, would it be safe to assume that most combos should end in this for meter build purposes??
I'm looking for a combo ender like MK9 f4 that kept them standing but I dont think there is one. In which case, yea, the hanging 10% dmg seems to be best for Mystic from what i've seen so far

zaf

professor
I'm looking for a combo ender like MK9 f4 that kept them standing but I dont think there is one. In which case, yea, the hanging 10% dmg seems to be best for Mystic from what i've seen so far
There is actually something you might like that is similar to what F4 did in MK9 in terms of a standing reset.

In MoS, save the soul ball for the end of a combo, so that when you do hit them with it dont burst it. Instead save it, go for a jump in punch since the ball always resets them to stand. Off the jump in punch do a b12. This leaves them standing in front of you, with you being at +23 frames and can go for a free 50/50 reset into the same situation lol.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
There is actually something you might like that is similar to what F4 did in MK9 in terms of a standing reset.

In MoS, save the soul ball for the end of a combo, so that when you do hit them with it dont burst it. Instead save it, go for a jump in punch since the ball always resets them to stand. Off the jump in punch do a b12. This leaves them standing in front of you, with you being at +23 frames and can go for a free 50/50 reset into the same situation lol.
Holy shit man that's amazing. I've been mainly playing Mystic but damn MoS is looking better and better

zaf

professor
So if Mystic is his zoning variation, is MoS a more in your face variation with higher dmg?
i wouldnt say that, they both have good zoning properties just different ways of setting them up
It really is your preference, i perfer Mystic over MoS, but both are good. the 3rd however feels lacking
yea its pretty much preference at this point.
mos and mystic both have different tools for you to use
i just like mos tools more so far

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
the 10% unscaled drop got nerfed so now i finish off with a ji4 bf2 to end it or ji1 f4 bf2 depending on previous setup

Afumba

Noob
the 10% unscaled drop got nerfed so now i finish off with a ji4 bf2 to end it or ji1 f4 bf2 depending on previous setup
In full combos you should try to end in some of these. It should yield you more damage this way as ji4 bf2.

- uppercut
- njp, 12 push
- njp, runcancel throw
- njp, run cancel uppercut
- uppercut, push

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
In full combos you should try to end in some of these. It should yield you more damage this way as ji4 bf2.

- uppercut
- njp, 12 push
- njp, runcancel throw
- njp, run cancel uppercut
- uppercut, push
i started using nj1, f4, bf2 but i'll definitely give these a shot, thanks dude!