What's new

General/Other My Tournament WIN with RAIN!

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
A big fighting game community (P2D - Pinoy 2D Fighters) that caters to SFAE, Blazblue, KOF and MK9 recently held a tournament here in Manila,Philippines. I joined the MK9 tournament and gave my Kung Lao a break to try my RAIN out.

Was successful in my mission to take him to the top. Thanks to hours of practice and of course the tips yall been giving me. Shouts to CDjr, BookBurning, xZEPPELIx,PerfectMindGame, Husteen and to everyhone who gave me tips to make my Rain better.

Here are some videos from the tournament. Some were not recorded so only few vids are available.

Winners Finals

Grand Finals

Had a tough match with Mileena in the grand finals. Lots of mistakes here and there but Im happy that I made it. :)

Thanks again Rain army!

Sasuga

Noob
Congratulation and great matches man, those Grand Finals. I can't believe how many times he took the roundhouse!

Also lol'ed at fatality's. All the time except last round. :rofl:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
nice man! your anti air against mileena was art, and some good bubble resets into JIP pressure, would have liked to see more water gun at the end of combo, would eliminate wakeups and dont think the damage is alot different from using geyser kick

Marcus

Good fucking shit bro I knew you was gonna do it.keep it up.
Thanks for the tips bro! learned a lot from watching your vids too.

congrats on the victory man. You played really well.
Thank you! I remember you gave me tips too.

Congratulation and great matches man, those Grand Finals. I can't believe how many times he took the roundhouse!

Also lol'ed at fatality's. All the time except last round. :rofl:
haha thanks man. It was a mixed audience of SF players and MK guys. So the SF players were really entertained by the fatalities and matches.

nice man! your anti air against mileena was art, and some good bubble resets into JIP pressure, would have liked to see more water gun at the end of combo, would eliminate wakeups and dont think the damage is alot different from using geyser kick
Im amazed that I pulled off those anti airs very smoothly, they took the setup for them to jump in towards me. :) I was used to using water gun only after 43,lightning, uppercut, 43, waterbubble, 43, water gun. :) maybe ill use them next time instead of geyser kicks. thanks!

thanks everyone

SZSR

Noob
Dude you have a pro Rain, aa fp to start off combos? godlike dude, that's the kinda Rain I wanna get to, much respect for representing the Prince of Edenia.

Marcus

Dude you have a pro Rain, aa fp to start off combos? godlike dude, that's the kinda Rain I wanna get to, much respect for representing the Prince of Edenia.
thank you! Good thing I stuck with him til the end of the tourney. Days before the tournament, I was thinking of using Kung Lao too because Im weak against zoners (Yes I main KL) lol Looks like Im gonna be running with Rain in the tournies to come.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
God damn, I felt like commentating to myself while I watched these matches! This gives me some inspiration to pick up Rain.

Excellent work on your tournament win, Marcus! You've represented the water ninja very well. If the Mileena player had been a little more patient to block your 4 to 3 to Super Kick pressure, he might've done better, but you learn something new every day. Keep it up!

Marcus

God damn, I felt like commentating to myself while I watched these matches! This gives me some inspiration to pick up Rain.

Excellent work on your tournament win, Marcus! You've represented the water ninja very well. If the Mileena player had been a little more patient to block your 4 to 3 to Super Kick pressure, he might've done better, but you learn something new every day. Keep it up!
Thank you! I was cancelling the super kick at first but It seems like Mileena's not blocking it so I decided to continue and not cancel that much. :) Props to Rambo still... I cant say the this was an easy match and didnt make me nervous.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Marcus

awesome matches bro, congrats on the win as well :)
Thanks bro! I appreciate it.

Love all of your stuff dude keep it up I'd love to play mirror against u

Congrats for ur win
Thanks man! If only Internet here and online play is good I would love play mirror.

Please tell me you did this, with your tournament winnings?!

Congratulations!
hahaha thanks!

i will have my monosodium glutamate filled revenge
Im ready!

remember what i said about resisting the urge to do an off the bat TU unless it's enhanced :p

good shit nonetheless!
My brother Migosan is usually better than this. He kicks my ass most of the time when we play at home. I guess tournament setting is really really different from casual stuff.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
great rain man...really really impressed. Good reads and good anti air pokes, that's the stuff great players are made of, good shit man!

Marcus

great rain man...really really impressed. Good reads and good anti air pokes, that's the stuff great players are made of, good shit man!
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I worked really hard to put my Rain in good condition :) Thank you!

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
remember what i said about resisting the urge to do an off the bat TU unless it's enhanced :p

good shit nonetheless!
oh yeah, i completely lost my mind and disregarded all the tips all of you gave me, hahaha, though im blaming the two cyrax characters i have played in this tourney before rain, i got used to having TU freebies when playing cyrax, i got punished like a fool, haha