My Stick Dilemma

Which Stick should I use?

• Pdp MK Stick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You dont care :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I was sitting the in the training room yesterday with Jade and my mind started to wonder…I have Pdp Stick, TE Round 2 and a custom built MK stick based off the Combat Panel. Since I got my Pdp stick I’ve only been using that one. I replaced the buttons and joystick based off the recommendations from Dark_Robs post on Happ parts. My problem comes in on which stick should I be using…right now I use the pdp stick for MK and the TE for street fighter and Mvc3. I don’t have any issues switching between the sticks for their appropriate games but I do run into problem when I try using the TE for MK9. Now my problem comes in when I’m working on new characters. It takes me longer to get things done on the Pdp because of the spacing problem and sometimes the spring on the joystick. I get kombos down much easier and consistently on the TE but I run into a few problems using it. I can’t block or use enhanced moves on time, the spacing of the buttons throw me off (because of the PDP stick), and finally the ball tops eventually hurts my hands. I thought about getting a bat top for it but when I switch games I start getting the buttons mix up thus being my reason for picking up the pdp stick. (Side note, I got the TE in like Feb. or March and the Pdp in June so I'm not a complete master at using an arcade stick or anything..but I do think I'm ready to start competing in tournaments starting with the MLG on the 27th)

So I’m at the point that I just want to use the TE stick for the games and I know eventually I’ll get the hang of things as I keep switching up games. If I commit to that though…what would I do with the Pdp stick? Mind that I didn’t get it pre-ordered, bought it used and then invested some time and money in it…so it seems almost like a waste. If I could get the buttons closer and figure out what kind of spring I need for the joystick I would probably enjoy using the pdp stick more than I do now. Anyone got any suggestions, advice or tips on what my next move should be?

I havent used the first arcade stick, but, being a gamer, heres my advice: TE Stick. Keep at it. After all, itll be easier using only one stick, you wont have the spacing issue. If the bal top hurts your hands i MK! get another top specificaly for MK. Change it out whenever you go between MK and SF/MvC3.

Pardon typos and lack of puncuation, sent from my Nook Color

Tim Static

Adminerator
I use MK layout for MK and american straight for everything else. Nothing wrong with using 2 different styles to play...........2 different style games.

I'm curious, for people who use the PDP stick, do you use the run button as a block? It seems like it would be more natural, but maybe its too far away.

I use MK layout for MK and american straight for everything else. Nothing wrong with using 2 different styles to play...........2 different style games.
I agree with you to a point. It makes it easier for me to keep the games separate but when traveling i hate taking two sticks. Also its harder to Kombo with the spacing on the Pdp stick. Not saying it can't be done, but when I want to try the more advance Kombos and I'm doing strings that requires me to go from 3,4,2 its a really huge gap between 1,2, and 3,4 plus you got to throw in different directions. Its just a slight annoyance to keep trying to do everything consistently. I really do enjoy the stick though. The Block in the middle really makes a difference especially against more aggressive players.

I'm curious, for people who use the PDP stick, do you use the run button as a block? It seems like it would be more natural, but maybe its too far away.
I haven't met anyone who does, the middle button for block is usually used. Plus it feels natural and easier to get to since its in the middle. I can see people using the tag button for block but it would looks like it would be to much out of the way to be honest.