What's new

My pre release lab time with Robin

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You know any trick to cancelling 212 consistently? I have been trying to practice the 212xdb1 ender for the past few days and can't seem to consistently land it. It feels like you don't cancel on hit , but cancel with it when you input 212

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
gotcha am a stick player but i might switch to pad for this game am not sure yet
should i turn off negative edge ? did you see cdjr robin set ups ?
Saw some with tele trait. I think his trait will never have just one option.

Mu depending, different setups with different trait options will be important. I'm soaking in all knowledge as much as possible

babalook

Noob
Does 212 birdrang into EX dash cause the birdrang to crossup? What type of combos can you get off the low trait mid-screen?

@AK L0rdoftheFLY you play against Pig's Fate any yet? I kinda worry about our match up with zoners . that 50frame "projectile" ain't doing it. I have had some Novel Success with TK-ing air db2fmb to close the gap but other than that I have had to just walk block and thread the needle

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY you play against Pig's Fate any yet? I kinda worry about our match up with zoners . that 50frame "projectile" ain't doing it. I have had some Novel Success with TK-ing air db2fmb to close the gap but other than that I have had to just walk block and thread the needle
I don't have much exp against other people yet. My pre release copy is Xbox and everyone else is on ps! But that will change tonight when the game goes live.

He may struggle vs zoners at first. But that is always the case. I'll grind the MU and perfect my execution and be fine in time.

He has top 3 range on normals, great mixup/setup potential, oki for days, and a teleport.

I'm going to give this character a full shot with those tools

agreed, I think he will be fine, we might just have to do things like trait clean to slowly advance forward, MB roll, etc but once we are a little under half screen we can keep them honest with things like b2.

So far I have only really gotten to play against a friends Aquaman and Supergirl offline and neither of those matches feel bad. going to brave the waters of online play tonight , see how many times I can hit people with raw f21b2 until they start stand blocking haha

well guys any good frame traps you could share for robin, am new to nrs frame data its a bit different from the games i play.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Just for people who are new to NRS games:

When using a controller, if you do not use claw hand-formation, it is better to use the d-pad as it is more crisp for inputs when compared the the thumbstick (this is because deadzones are disabled in NRS games).

Be sure to disable Release Check (negative edge)! What this controller option actually does is, rather than inputs being registered on button-press, they are inputted upon button-release. This can really mess up your inputs and it is always on by default in NRS games.

To perform a special move at the end of strings (aka cancel into a special move), input the special move RIGHT AFTER the string is inputted. Do NOT wait for your character's animation to play out.

@TrapGodFax

@AK partyeagle

Just for people who are new to NRS games:

When using a controller, if you do not use claw hand-formation, it is better to use the d-pad as it is more crisp for inputs when compared the the thumbstick (this is because deadzones are disabled in NRS games).

Be sure to disable Release Check (negative edge)! What this controller option actually does is, rather than inputs being registered on button-press, they are inputted upon button-release. This can really mess up your inputs and it is always on by default in NRS games.

To perform a special move at the end of strings (aka cancel into a special move), input the special move RIGHT AFTER the string is inputted. Do NOT wait for your character's animation to play out.

@TrapGodFax

@AK partyeagle
I play on stick (thought about switching to pad) and i have alt inputs on because it feels a bit more like a capcom fighter and natural but i also feel that bf1 for example is much easier to remember then half circle forward 1. i also notice that my execution is a bit better with negative edge on, i thought this gave you more chances for moves to come out. let me know if this is the case please but am willing to turn these things off

does F2D3U2 cancel into any special moves. the command list says its cancel frames are 48. am trying to can into smart rang and other moves. am i doing it wrong or is it not possible

@Nexallus Yea I finally got it down the other night , I have found a consistent method in going 21,pause,2xdb1 It was just odd because I havent had any issues with any other special cancels out of strings.

@TrapGodFax If you want a good understanding of how frames work in IJ2 I would go watch ultra davids youtube video he just posted (can't find the link rn at work)

ok so i turned off neg edge had a harder time doing combos so i left it on and alt inputs on and its much better thank you for the advice @Nexallus

Last edited:
@Nexallus Yea I finally got it down the other night , I have found a consistent method in going 21,pause,2xdb1 It was just odd because I havent had any issues with any other special cancels out of strings.

@TrapGodFax If you want a good understanding of how frames work in IJ2 I would go watch ultra davids youtube video he just posted (can't find the link rn at work)
@AK partyeagle yeah i just saw it thanks but i still need to learn how to use trains mode thou like how to test whats safe frame traps etc

there are not typical "frame traps" in IJ2 . on block set the AI to reversal with a fast special move and see if you can hit them before it comes out (should say counter) . but honestly Damian doesnt have much plus on block outside of birdarang set ups .