What's new

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic exists no more

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Rather if it did or didn't release it wouldn't bother me like it does a lot of other people..

But you cant help but wonder what goes on in the minds of grown men who are infactuated with the series as a whole.
People here have met me in person and I'm not exactly glimmering in pony merchandise or drooling over thoughts of the show. Its something I like, and I'd like to think I'm still pretty 'normal' by the standards here. I'm "infatuated" with the series because it works well as an anti depressant whenever life gets shitty. Is that so wrong?

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Watch this whole thing.
it's quirky and colorful, i could see how people could like it. the part where she uses her buddy as a machine gun is pretty lulz.
idk but i think it's not my style, not so much into quirky humor, im more of a "random shit and stupidity" kind of guy.
like ed edd and eddy or dexters lab.

were any of you guys into this before the fighting game? or did it bring you in?

SLy

Noob
it's quirky and colorful, i could see how people could like it. the part where she uses her buddy as a machine gun is pretty lulz.
idk but i think it's not my style, not so much into quirky humor, im more of a "random shit and stupidity" kind of guy.

were any of you guys into this before the fighting game? or did it bring you in?
Cow and Chicken?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

I was into MLP before. Tbh tho, i like the MLP communities artwork far more than the show itself
IE music, drawings, paintings, derived animations, etc.

Its a real shame that Mane6 got this. They havent released any new info about FightingIM for a while, so who knows how close theyve come to finishing it?
I hope they can take this nasty situation and turn it around :/ I was honestly looking forward to this game.

Killphil

Me myself, about a week or so before the thread for the game was made I watched two episodes and then the thread(for the game) itself kinda sealed the deal for me. That's me personally though. And no, I wouldn't take it back. Anyway, you asked if they fight, and I delivered.

People really like this show? That was not even animated well...
Without sounding like an ass, perhaps you could show me something that is animated well? (I'm drawn to the art style, not so much the animation. )

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ewww, how can you like a game where ninjas and vicious creatures kill and dismember each other, and even rip hearts out?!

As hard as it may be to believe, people don't always have to follow the social stereotypes that many are so inclined to push! Maybe they found something of a certain quality and humor that appeals to them? No seriously; there is ever so slight a touch of adult humor in MLP:FiM (the TV show).

To understand why and get past the mind-boggling, you have to look past the exterior; i.e. Don't judge it by how it appears from the outside.
It's easy for us to say that, I ain't a bronie myself and I would never be, it is a socially odd thing to watch yeah, but after meeting alot of em at EVO I can't discriminate them since their attitudes an beliefs are right and they are al nice people, but the form of media that they learn these teachings from break the typical gender stereotypes, you could learn all the same stuff from DBZ IMO

It's easy for us to say that, I ain't a brownie myself and I would never be, it is a socially odd thing to watch yeah, but after meeting alot of em at EVO I can't discriminate them since their attitudes an beliefs are right and they are al nice people, but the form of media that they learn these teachings from break the typical gender stereotypes, you could learn all the same stuff from DBZ IMO
Brownies are delicious! Bronies have good attitudes.....most of them.

Fucking stereotypes.
Different strokes for different folks.

Illmatix

It's easy for us to say that, I ain't a brownie myself and I would never be, it is a socially odd thing to watch yeah, but after meeting alot of em at EVO I can't discriminate them since their attitudes an beliefs are right and they are al nice people, but the form of media that they learn these teachings from break the typical gender stereotypes, you could learn all the same stuff from DBZ IMO
yea but liking DBZ isn't rebelling, i wonder if that's some of it's appeal.
but i do agree dbz has cool lessons so does pokemon.
@ yall bronies: is being different part of it's appeal?

Killphil

yea but liking DBZ isn't rebelling, i wonder if that's some of it's appeal.
but i do agree dbz has cool lessons so does pokemon.
No. I'm sure most will tell you the same thing. I'm not asking for attention by liking the show or the stuff that comes with it. There's a reason why we hide away with our own message boards, and this thread has a few good examples why. DBZ is about self improvement and pushing yourself past your limits. MLP is about the bonds of friendship and how to work through your problems WITH your friends.

Humans will never be able to break stereotypes, so thats something bronies should just accept.
It saddens and irritates me.
The more or less close-minded elicit a response of calm anger from me, despite knowing that this has to be accepted. Oh well.

For a certain few, yes.
But what draws plenty of us in is that it has depthful characters with personality, quality writing for a TV show intended for young girls, and humor that appeals to us.

This does not make it exempt from different opinions, though: Not everyone will like it, or has to like it; even if the show having the name "My Little Pony" is of no concern.

Why do people who like MLP have to be infatuated or obsessed with it? Can't they just, you know, like it? Truth is, I didn't even know that MLP was a show anymore until I saw the trailers for Fighting is Magic. I then hopped on Netflix because I was interested in seeing the source of inspiration for the game and what they based the moves on and such. I've watched quite a few episodes and I think it's a good show--a bit silly, but entertaining.

I'm not:

Obsessed with it
Infatuated with it
A pedophile
Homosexual or Bi-Sexual

I'm a 29 year old male that has a steady, stable job to support myself and my girlfriend. I have friends that are more the masculine type, drink beer, like sports, etc. I have friends that are computer nerds, like myself, that couldn't care less about lifting, wrestling, MMA, or anything of the sort. I have friends that are gay, both male and female. So I would say I'm a pretty average guy, considering all of these different groups find my personality acceptable. With that, anyone that would consider me a weirdo solely because I happen to find the show My Little Pony entertaining, is someone that I wouldn't care what their opinion is--it's meaningless to me. Anyone that has that mentality is someone that I clearly wouldn't get along with.

Now, to the people who don't like My Little Pony: I can totally understand it. I mean, if you just don't like that kind of stuff--I equate it to someone that doesn't like sappy love stories. However, there are people who don't like sappy stuff, but don't immediately assume that any guy that does must be one of the things I listed above (gay, etc.). Just because you don't personally like something, or relate to it, doesn't mean you should immediately assume that someone who does isn't a man, or is gay, or loves kiddies. Stop being ridiculous and insecure.

Why do people who like MLP have to be infatuated or obsessed with it? Can't they just, you know, like it? Truth is, I didn't even know that MLP was a show anymore until I saw the trailers for Fighting is Magic. I then hopped on Netflix because I was interested in seeing the source of inspiration for the game and what they based the moves on and such. I've watched quite a few episodes and I think it's a good show--a bit silly, but entertaining.

I'm not:

Obsessed with it
Infatuated with it
A pedophile
Homosexual or Bi-Sexual

I'm a 29 year old male that has a steady, stable job to support myself and my girlfriend. I have friends that are more the masculine type, drink beer, like sports, etc. I have friends that are computer nerds, like myself, that couldn't care less about lifting, wrestling, MMA, or anything of the sort. I have friends that are gay, both male and female. So I would say I'm a pretty average guy, considering all of these different groups find my personality acceptable. With that, anyone that would consider me a weirdo solely because I happen to find the show My Little Pony entertaining, is someone that I wouldn't care what their opinion is--it's meaningless to me. Anyone that has that mentality is someone that I clearly wouldn't get along with.

Now, to the people who don't like My Little Pony: I can totally understand it. I mean, if you just don't like that kind of stuff--I equate it to someone that doesn't like sappy love stories. However, there are people who don't like sappy stuff, but don't immediately assume that any guy that does must be one of the things I listed above (gay, etc.). Just because you don't personally like something, or relate to it, doesn't mean you should immediately assume that someone who does isn't a man, or is gay, or loves kiddies. Stop being ridiculous and insecure.
We need more people like you.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
In my opinion it's a shame that companies do this. It was a fan project, for free and just for the joy of the dev team and their fans. Same case as Terrordrome, whose dev team had to deal with a situation like this back in 2011.

I don't see these companies going after fanfiction, fan arts, fan dubs, music videos, original animations... so, what's the big deal with doing non-profit videogames?

Illmatix

I'm not:

Obsessed with it
Infatuated with it
A pedophile
Homosexual or Bi-Sexual

exactly! insecurity is the root of persecution.