What's new

My Devastation Experience

As you all know, this was my first offline tournament.
At first, I had doubts of actually going, but in the end, I'm so glad I decided to go.
I'll be posting daily blogs of what happened over there in the future.
I also wanted to correct my placing in the tournament since so many people have been telling me different things.
I played at 3pm saturday, which there was 4 pools. I was in pool 2, which I won and came out as winners making top 8 mini pools. Me, detroit, shory, and chef were winners in that pool, and jedi robb, velvet sack, a kano player, and someone else made losers.
Detroit beat me, and I was sent to losers, detroit beat chef and shory and they got sent to losers.
Jedi robb beat someone, and chef beat the kano player.
So I beat velvet sack, then I beatchef, then I beat shory, which put me in Top 8 Finals for Sunday.
At that point, I only lost to Detroit once, but the brackets reset for Top 8 FInals.

At top 8 Finals, the only Person I lost to was REO, twice, and came in 2nd place.

I was extremely nervous while I was over there, I mean, that was my first major tournament, yet alone, it being streamed live in for thousands of people. When I arrived, I met so many chill people. That was my main reason for going, not to win, but to meet the friends I have been friends with for months, even years in some cases. I felt like we connected as a family, looking out for each other. I felt so at home, everyone was so much fun.
The Times we had were just amazing. But when it came time to leave, it was emotional. It didn't hit me until it was me and REO, we were taking a terminal bus in the airport, he had terminal 3, and I had terminal 4, when the doors opened, and we said goodbye, thats where it hit me. I won't be seeing you guys for a while, and it just got the best of me. I wanted to cry lol. I seriously love and care for each of you guys, you are all amazing, and you guys are the ones who made this trip worthwhile.

AU_wanna_die- You are an awesome person, who looks out not only for your clan members, but to everyone around you. You were like a father figure, supporting all of your clan members, and people from TYM/MKU. I thank you for encouraging me to come to this trip, and supporting me 100%

REO- I've been watching you for so long on streams, and I finally got to meet you. I've always respected you, and now I respect you even more, you are a great player and a great person as well. You are very chill and an easy person to get along with. I wish you luck at Season's beatings (you don't need it tho)

Detroit- Finally we met lol, but seriously, thank you for calming me down when I was like having a nervous attack lol. I didn't think much of it, but when we were up on stream button checking, you were making all these jokes about stuff, but it was to take my mind off my nerves, and calm down, which it did. You're awesome man, and I'm so glad you went and got the chance to meet you.

Kamikaze- You look out for everyone man, thanks for everything you did. I'm glad you came and stayed with me, we had a blast man.

Chef- You and your entire roster, lol. I'm glad you decided to go last min, i don't think it woulda been the same without you. Thanks for giving me tips on matchups.

Shory- you were awesome as well, however, you did scare me when you slept next to me saturday, not cool. i almost had a heart attack. im glad you went and gave me tips as well for my finals. and youre a bitch for using wi fi, they charged me 15 dollars lol.

16- bit- Wow, what an awesome kitana, and an awesome person. Seriously, one of the nicest people I have ever met. No way was he cocky, mean, or anything. He even said all he is a normal player who loves MK, so sincere. I have a lot of respect for you 16-bit, im very glad I met you.

Au Clan (Tissue, Showtime, Rest in Peace) all of you were badass, and all supportive of me. We all did great for our first offline tournament (me, showtime, rest in peace, dev was our first tourny), we all stuck by each other, and showed support, I couldnt ask for better clan members, and mostly, friends.

Marvaz- You're beautiful, lol. Seriously, people say you're cocky offline lol, but you gave no such vibe. You're a chill guy who plays this game for fun, and is very friendly. Thanks for supporting me man, good to meet you.

Tom Brady- Oh em gee oh em gee, I finally got your autograph lol. Despite rumors about you, gameplay wise, whether they be you bash other players etc, idc. As a person, Mortal kombat aside, you are very nice and sincere, someone who cares for others more than himself. I'm very glad I met you, because you're not as bad as people claim you are, you are good in my books.

DrDogg- I thank you so so much for all the encouragement and support you gave me. You were so positive about my performance, and that made me feel so good that I didn't let you down. Thanks for everything man.

Shujy- i didnt get to play you, but you're very friendly and have a nice sense of humor lol XD good to meet ya buddy.

Morty & Sao- twins who both share the same amount of friendliness. I thank you for the tips, although i didnt use mileena like you requested, i am making sure of picking her right back up. thanks for everything guys, see you soon.

Alex Valle- we didnt talk much, but it was nice having casuals with you and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Random Mileena Cosplayer- nice to meet you, and thanks for almost making me go straight, appreciate it.

That's all for know, sorry if i missed anyone.
Again, for some people, I didn't even get to say goodbye, everything went so fast, and I already miss you guys. The times I had will never be forgotten, and I am making room for more precious memories with you guys in the near future. It's sad, but, you guys do more than some of my friends and family, and for that I thank you and cherish each and everyone of you.
Take care of yourselves, and bless you guys. I love you all, and all of you have a special place in my heart as you guys proved to be awesome friends.
I'm so glad I went, no regrets, made new friends, and I care for you all.
Until next time, Mr. Mileena is now leaving the room, boys, please rise and be quiet. thank you, lol.

*I will be writing daily blogs soon about my trip*

aj1701

Noob
Glad you had a great time. Its stories like these that make me really want to go and check one out. I'm sure I'd not make it out of pools, but it sounds hella fun!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Mr Mileena, I kept saying people shouldn't underestimate you, before the tournament started and before top 8 started, and no one but Pig and the other AU guys agreed. You might be my favorite Kit player to watch. Well done.

Mr Mileena, I kept saying people shouldn't underestimate you, before the tournament started and before top 8 started, and no one but Pig and the other AU guys agreed. You might be my favorite Kit player to watch. Well done.
I saw, I appreciate it man.
That meant alot

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
So who do you play? Kitana? Mileena? Both? All of the above? It confuse the fuck out of me when I was watching the top 8 for DEV.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
Congratulations on taking second you're an awesome player, you had me on the edge of my seat with your comebacks.

Mr. Mileena is now leaving the room, boys, please rise and be quiet. thank you, lol.
This is one of the sole reasons, you are one of my FAVORITE MK players. ROFLMFAO!!! :)

Congratulations fellow AU! You have done a remarkable job and I am very proud of you. Very glad you had a good time too. I was rootin for you.

LMAO next time I'll just wake everyone up @ 4am and turn the pump on to my air mattress. Thanx you for everything though, including taking me out of the tourny,JERK . No really tho... You were really cool and generous to not just me, but to all the people you helped out. Do you have paypal?

LMAO next time I'll just wake everyone up @ 4am and turn the pump on to my air mattress. Thanx you for everything though, including taking me out of the tourny,JERK . No really tho... You were really cool and generous to not just me, but to all the people you helped out. Do you have paypal?
/

dont worry about it man lol

Thanks for the shout out, it was great meeting you at Devastation Mr. Mileena. You were definitely one of the nicest people I met at the event, I was happy to see you do so well in the tournament.

Definitely one of the best Kitana's in the business :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Now you see why us tourney vets are always hassling online players to come out. It's the most fun ever. It's not just playing without lag, it's the awesome community.

As you all know, this was my first offline tournament.
At first, I had doubts of actually going, but in the end, I'm so glad I decided to go.
I'll be posting daily blogs of what happened over there in the future.
I also wanted to correct my placing in the tournament since so many people have been telling me different things.
I played at 3pm saturday, which there was 4 pools. I was in pool 2, which I won and came out as winners making top 8 mini pools. Me, detroit, shory, and chef were winners in that pool, and jedi robb, velvet sack, a kano player, and someone else made losers.
Detroit beat me, and I was sent to losers, detroit beat chef and shory and they got sent to losers.
Jedi robb beat someone, and chef beat the kano player.
So I beat velvet sack, then I beatchef, then I beat shory, which put me in Top 8 Finals for Sunday.
At that point, I only lost to Detroit once, but the brackets reset for Top 8 FInals.

At top 8 Finals, the only Person I lost to was REO, twice, and came in 2nd place.

I was extremely nervous while I was over there, I mean, that was my first major tournament, yet alone, it being streamed live in for thousands of people. When I arrived, I met so many chill people. That was my main reason for going, not to win, but to meet the friends I have been friends with for months, even years in some cases. I felt like we connected as a family, looking out for each other. I felt so at home, everyone was so much fun.
The Times we had were just amazing. But when it came time to leave, it was emotional. It didn't hit me until it was me and REO, we were taking a terminal bus in the airport, he had terminal 3, and I had terminal 4, when the doors opened, and we said goodbye, thats where it hit me. I won't be seeing you guys for a while, and it just got the best of me. I wanted to cry lol. I seriously love and care for each of you guys, you are all amazing, and you guys are the ones who made this trip worthwhile.

AU_wanna_die- You are an awesome person, who looks out not only for your clan members, but to everyone around you. You were like a father figure, supporting all of your clan members, and people from TYM/MKU. I thank you for encouraging me to come to this trip, and supporting me 100%

REO- I've been watching you for so long on streams, and I finally got to meet you. I've always respected you, and now I respect you even more, you are a great player and a great person as well. You are very chill and an easy person to get along with. I wish you luck at Season's beatings (you don't need it tho)

Detroit- Finally we met lol, but seriously, thank you for calming me down when I was like having a nervous attack lol. I didn't think much of it, but when we were up on stream button checking, you were making all these jokes about stuff, but it was to take my mind off my nerves, and calm down, which it did. You're awesome man, and I'm so glad you went and got the chance to meet you.

Kamikaze- You look out for everyone man, thanks for everything you did. I'm glad you came and stayed with me, we had a blast man.

Chef- You and your entire roster, lol. I'm glad you decided to go last min, i don't think it woulda been the same without you. Thanks for giving me tips on matchups.

Shory- you were awesome as well, however, you did scare me when you slept next to me saturday, not cool. i almost had a heart attack. im glad you went and gave me tips as well for my finals. and youre a bitch for using wi fi, they charged me 15 dollars lol.

16- bit- Wow, what an awesome kitana, and an awesome person. Seriously, one of the nicest people I have ever met. No way was he cocky, mean, or anything. He even said all he is a normal player who loves MK, so sincere. I have a lot of respect for you 16-bit, im very glad I met you.

Au Clan (Tissue, Showtime, Rest in Peace) all of you were badass, and all supportive of me. We all did great for our first offline tournament (me, showtime, rest in peace, dev was our first tourny), we all stuck by each other, and showed support, I couldnt ask for better clan members, and mostly, friends.

Marvaz- You're beautiful, lol. Seriously, people say you're cocky offline lol, but you gave no such vibe. You're a chill guy who plays this game for fun, and is very friendly. Thanks for supporting me man, good to meet you.

Tom Brady- Oh em gee oh em gee, I finally got your autograph lol. Despite rumors about you, gameplay wise, whether they be you bash other players etc, idc. As a person, Mortal kombat aside, you are very nice and sincere, someone who cares for others more than himself. I'm very glad I met you, because you're not as bad as people claim you are, you are good in my books.

DrDogg- I thank you so so much for all the encouragement and support you gave me. You were so positive about my performance, and that made me feel so good that I didn't let you down. Thanks for everything man.

Shujy- i didnt get to play you, but you're very friendly and have a nice sense of humor lol XD good to meet ya buddy.

Morty & Sao- twins who both share the same amount of friendliness. I thank you for the tips, although i didnt use mileena like you requested, i am making sure of picking her right back up. thanks for everything guys, see you soon.

Alex Valle- we didnt talk much, but it was nice having casuals with you and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Random Mileena Cosplayer- nice to meet you, and thanks for almost making me go straight, appreciate it.

That's all for know, sorry if i missed anyone.
Again, for some people, I didn't even get to say goodbye, everything went so fast, and I already miss you guys. The times I had will never be forgotten, and I am making room for more precious memories with you guys in the near future. It's sad, but, you guys do more than some of my friends and family, and for that I thank you and cherish each and everyone of you.
Take care of yourselves, and bless you guys. I love you all, and all of you have a special place in my heart as you guys proved to be awesome friends.
I'm so glad I went, no regrets, made new friends, and I care for you all.
Until next time, Mr. Mileena is now leaving the room, boys, please rise and be quiet. thank you, lol.

*I will be writing daily blogs soon about my trip*
Thats awesome brotha! I appreciate the thanks and wanted to say it was awesome meeting you as well! You are cool as fuck and have enormous potential. It was a fun and awesome weekend! Definitely the best one I've had at a tournament!

Dude you are definitely legit and very humble. You didn't think you would do well but I believed you would the whole time. Thanks for representing our klan to the fullest! You are truly honorable and a very strong player. It was madd funn to watch your kitana tear people up! I still can't believe that you were strictly an online player before this. It is a very inspiring story!

Keep up the good work homie! PCE!

DrDogg

Noob
So glad you had a good time man! You rocked it out with Kitana. Just wish we could've had a Kitana win the event! Maybe next time. You can be sure MK will be at DEV next year.

I'll be posting full results soon!

lobo

woof.
kinda bummed we didn't get our casuals in and i was too busy to play MK all weekend. next time, sir. next time.

i toooold ya you would have a good time. :p

i ran into wonder_chef and a couple other guys outside hyatt at like 2 AM and was like, "where is this guy? we got clubbing to do."

they said you were in bed. :/

well you did well by sleeping and beating some ass the next day. kudos.