What's new

Mr Aquaman Wins That MK Weekly #10 (Blood God Kotal) - Wins Season 1

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The 10th and final installment of our Ranbat series came to a close tonight in exciting fashion. It came down to 2 men in the end in points and in this tournament. An old fashioned shootout between the 2 most accomplished players from the area. Gimpy vs Mr Aquaman.

The night started off with the lowest turnout in the areas MKX history with just 11 people, but this only means there was more action early. Right off the bat we saw upsets as loca herooes sloth and the dark juan were descended unto losers bracket. We also saw rising stars cement there place with the areas best as virtiqal and quiet storm fight to prove themselves to the gods of SOVA. Virt taking sloth out and then the dark juan out of the tournament was no surprise to him but the senpais of the areas noticed Quiet storm almost taking out Zappa.

In winners we saw Aquaman v Blackula which has become a standard match to see with aquaman taking it close 2-0, and on the other side gimpy with a tight 2-1 victory over Zappa.From this point on it was master vs master. Mr aquaman and gimpy were back and forth for the whole weekly series. Winners finals began with aquamans famous war God and gimps newly added armor shredding Tanya. Aquaman has some amazing reads on teleports and blocking as he sends gimpy to losers 3-1. This win cemented the ranbat series as aquaman clutched a point lead over gimp.

From this point on the money was set, but pride was on the line. Gimpy in losers finals showed no remorse as he tore Blackulas HQT apart. Grand finals time! Right from Begin we saw a different gimpy, poised he swung openly and crushed the War God with a convincing 3-1 reset. Mr Aquaman having clinched the ranbat thought for a moment, with nothing to lose, he had long waiting to use the kamidogu and cuts himself. Emerged from character select was Blood God. The switch seemed bad as gimp looked the same in game 1. Down 0-1 the cuts got deeper, and the damage grew. Aquaman then steals the show and comes back 3-0 to cement his 5th win of the Ranbat series and goes out as the champion!

Results!
1. TGS Mr Aquaman - Blood and War God Kotal
2. TGS Gimpy - Kobu Tanya/Brawler Cassie
3. RM Blackula - HQT Predator
4. TGS Zappa - Boneshaper Shinnok
5. Quiet Storm - Piercing Mileena
5. Virtiqal - Takeda
7. ZB Villianous - Gunslinger Erron
7. Dark Steel - Venomous Dvorah

9. GKG
9. Sloth
9. Traestarr

Find us on hitbox.tv/thatgamestore

Bracket - http://challonge.com/MRS1F

Ranbat Results!

1. Mr Aquaman - 140
2. Gimpy - 125
3. Zappa - 99
4. Blackula - 63
5. YAMS - 56
6. Dark Steel - 36
7. Sidthehaze - 32
8. Quiet Storm - 26

That MK Weekly

That Game Store
5278 Fairfield Shopping Centre, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
5pm-close

Attachments

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I love how efficient you guys are with these videos! I've got plenty of snacks to go with some quality entertainment :)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Now that we are going back to free weeklies for awhile I am going to be using him more, I have slowly been getting him ready but I still struggle against these guys in the harder MU's like HQT, Boneshaper, and the heavy zoners. I will break him out more for y'all, I eventually want to play him at a major and NEC is coming up!

The Magician

According to my sources...
I would post the picture of gimpy calling me a fraud cassie because i used tanya at TFC.... now look at him :DOGE:DOGE

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
top 3 when tanya was auto pilot. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
Didn't my auto pilot Tanya cause you to switch to then plus 24 ex hat Lao who beats her and you still lost? :coffee:

Causing you to get mad salty and trying to prove how auto pilot she was against The Dark Quan which ended up in his victory when he was playing Scorpion. :coffee:

And the irony of you saying a character is autopilot. Calm down set play Sid.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Didn't my auto pilot Tanya cause you to switch to then plus 24 ex hat Lao who beats her and you still lost? :coffee:

Causing you to get mad salty and trying to prove how auto pilot she was against The Dark Quan which ended up in his victory when he was playing Scorpion. :coffee:

And the irony of you saying a character is autopilot. Calm down set play Sid.
Lol blowing up my 1 week lao, you are a gentleman and a scholar. The last time we played with post patch lao though you lost 6-1, but of course you forgot that beating.:REO:REO

Also lao's hat was +26....know your frames nerd :eek:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Lol blowing up my 1 week lao, you are a gentleman and a scholar. The last time we played with post patch lao though you lost 6-1, but of course you forgot that beating.:REO:REO

Also lao's hat was +26....know your frames nerd :eek:
So you seem to forget that Tanya was only out for about 2 weeks prior to those events meaning my Tanya was a 2 week old Tanya against a supposed 1 week old character. Sounds like a pretty even playing field to me.

That was also post patch Tanya who has received way more nerfs to her than Lao has. But let's not think about this logically how one of our characters is more bare bones than the other but received nerf after nerf causing her to disappear in the tournament scene. Nah Sid you right. Pyro Tanya still making top 8s all across the land. :DOGE

What you're saying is your character was actually way better than I thought and I didn't know the match up and still beat you. Hmmmmm.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
The people need to see more plus frame mirrors. Ya'll comin down for Food Chain in November?
Um, which weekend is it again? We're going to Canada Cup too and idk how long we'll be up there since we're stopping in NYC on the way back for a while too.