What's new

Mr Aquaman (Kotal Kahn - War God) wins Top of the Food Chain XII

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Great stuff. From a complete newb, I love watching the high level play like this, seeing what can be done and how you all read and adapt and twist and turn.. It's extremely good shit.

Quick addition, watching that Johnny Cage was interesting. You made me hate him significantly less, ha.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
i've been part of the NRS community for about 4 years and this is the first time i've ever looked at tournament footage

props to @Mr Aqua fantastic Kotal
Omg :O how is this possible? Seeing the characters played the way they are supposed to be played is a dramatic influence and learning experience. I think watching tournament footage is mandatory for transitioning from casual to intermediate or even from intermediate to competitive level of skill in fighting games. You get new ideas, see new setups and it's fun and hype as fuck to watch someone bust out some less used character and beat the known top tier characters. You may also get interested in new characters and variations when you see them in high level matches.

It was the perfect Sunday morning...
Tournament winnings going into buying a calendar?

Follow them at twitch.tv/digitalprosports and on twitter at @DigiProSport
Do this.

The fact they had multiple set-ups ready to quick-switch for the stream meant the viewer got a CONSTANT stream of matches and play, with little to no down-time or button-checking between games.

I'm totally down with this, at every event, forever.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do this.

The fact they had multiple set-ups ready to quick-switch for the stream meant the viewer got a CONSTANT stream of matches and play, with little to no down-time or button-checking between games.

This

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Congrats to Mr AquaKhan that was hype and im glad i was there live to witness the event.

After getting bodied by pretty much everyone i realized that there were 2 ways to go. I could quit the game, say it wasn't for me, that Im just not good enough and have no offline scene, or any other excuses and focus on other things.

Or I could start over again. With a new character that will click with me like GL and Glacius did. And work until i reach the level i had in Inj and KI.

I chose the latter. And im positive I will do way better at TCW with The Thunder God.

virtiqaL

Noob
Congrats @Mr Aqua, I can't imagine how good it must have felt to get that win, you deserve it.

And I don't know Tom personally to know whether or not he is truly 'emo' over his loss, but if he really did go into this event underestimating you, that just makes it even better.

And props to @Blackula and the DigiProSports guys for putting the event together. I'm blown away by the production value, it's on par if not better than the MLG MK9 streams I remember. Good shit, look forward to the next one.

Quick addition, watching that Johnny Cage was interesting. You made me hate him significantly less, ha.
Winback definitely deserves props, his Cage was on fire during this tournament. Even got me hype, and I typically don't have a pulse.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
K O T A L B O Y S

On a serious note, its so satisfying seeing a character you main win a tournament. Tells me that it's all about the player instead of the character. The fact that it's in Virginia, my home state, makes it even better.

This just motivated the hell out of me.

Last edited:

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Good show Aqua, it's been a long time since I've been that excited watching a match. Even my heart was racing, can't imagine what it was like for you! XD

Do this.

We greatly appreciate the kind words! A lot of time, money and effort has gone into, and continues to go into, how we produce and execute our stream. @Blackula and @Mr Aqua are two of our best friends in the fighting game community so DPS will support any and everything those two gentlemen do.

And props to @Blackula and the DigiProSports guys for putting the event together. I'm blown away by the production value, it's on par if not better than the MLG MK9 streams I remember. Good shit, look forward to the next one.
Thanks virtiqaL! =) We also must thank Jamie for supplying such an amazing venue for all of these TotFC events and Andrew who busts his ass trying to make sure that the stream is constantly in sync with the actual stations on the floor. A lot of stuff happens behind the scenes to make match transitions happen seamlessly.

And we'll be seeing you all at TCW!

Last edited:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Congrats to Mr AquaKhan that was hype and im glad i was there live to witness the event.

After getting bodied by pretty much everyone i realized that there were 2 ways to go. I could quit the game, say it wasn't for me, that Im just not good enough and have no offline scene, or any other excuses and focus on other things.

Or I could start over again. With a new character that will click with me like GL and Glacius did. And work until i reach the level i had in Inj and KI.

I chose the latter. And im positive I will do way better at TCW with The Thunder God.
Who did you use in this tourney? Also glad to hear youre sticking with it. But if you can try and make some of that KI esports money lol

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Who did you use in this tourney? Also glad to hear youre sticking with it. But if you can try and make some of that KI esports money lol
kenshi and 1 week kung jin, i did better in casuals than tourney then my day old controller broke lol. I need you to guide the way for me with Raiden bro.

I havent played ki in so long lol didnt know they had thw whole esports things goin on

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
Props to @Mr Aqua. You've become one of my fav players to watch. That was probably the weirdest comeback I've ever seen... I love it. Good stuff man. Looking forward to seeing you compete in future tournaments.(Oh and the write up is awesome as well. I want something like that for every tournament haha)

Props to @Tom Brady for playing an excellent Sub Zero and delivering a hype GF. Looking forward to your next showings as well.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Congrats dude! Hella proud. - Brandon Angelillo from SoVa
Thanks man!
Good shit @Mr Aqua holy crap that comeback!. Learned alot for the sub zero mu wich i really hate lol.
Thanks dislexsik. Yeah clone was one of the very few things I labbed hard agianst so far in the game. Kotal def has tricks around it. And ridiculous reads