What's new

Moves That are Not Crouching That Low Grab Works On?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I was thinking a list of low moves other than crouch that can be low grabbed would be nice if there are any. I've heard it works on slides but never seen it happen.

I've tried it against a couple different "low" looking moves (mileena roll, freddy ground claw against people online) with the ex grab, but none seemed to work, any that actually do? If there are I'd like to make a list.

edit that was low grab not low brag, I think I'm dyslexic today or something due to lack of sleep.

Espio

Kokomo
Funny thing is, I read the thread title as low grab anyway lol.

I honestly don't know, I use the low grab to punish stuff like people's low pokes when I read them, but I don't know if it's reliable to get Stryker, Kung Lao or Mileena out of their rolls. I don't have anyone to experiement with currently, but it seems like it wouldn't be reliable to get them and others out of their low moves.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I actually found that out about Mileena's roll today too RossDaBoss, I must have just lucked out with timing, it actually won me the match when chip damage would have killed me and they had about 25% left lol. I just did it randomly because the guy was doing alot of rolls and I caught her while she was still on the ground. So it is good as a last second desperation move, It was mostly luck but I'm amased it worked. It was like a miracle win haha that match is so awful.

Fixed your title. ❤❤❤❤❤

Mil's Roll and Johnny Cage's Nut Punch are the only moves that end in the :d notation.

However, I'm pretty sure that for some odd reason that if someone like Sonya does D1 Cartwheel, or if Cage does something like D1 Flip Kick and you're spamming :ex Low Grab, you can manage to Low Grab them for some odd reason. The only reasonable explanation is that their still in a "crouching" stance from the D1. I've only had this happen to me like 2-3 times at random intervals, so I can't really tell.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Thanks for fixing the title BoysBoysBoys =) Am I just going crazy or does low grab not work on mileenas D4 because of pushback or her being too low? I was fighting Boston2005 last night ran into each other a few times in ranked, they were doing alot of low pokes, I tried the ex low grab numerous times for experimentation sake, it didn't seem to work at all. Is it just because it doesn't have enough range to beat her D4?

I don't really use the 212 low grab often, I should start trying it though. I find if they are ducking the 2 seems to whiff and I get uppercutted though so I try not to use it that often, I just need to mix up attacks more I guess.

Thanks for fixing the title BoysBoysBoys =) Am I just going crazy or does low grab not work on mileenas D4 because of pushback or her being too low? I was fighting Boston2005 last night ran into each other a few times in ranked, they were doing alot of low pokes, I tried the ex low grab numerous times for experimentation sake, it didn't seem to work at all. Is it just because it doesn't have enough range to beat her D4?

I don't really use the 212 low grab often, I should start trying it though. I find if they are ducking the 2 seems to whiff and I get uppercutted though so I try not to use it that often, I just need to mix up attacks more I guess.
I'm not too too sure. I think it's just that her hit box is too low for the move to hit. You might be able to get her as she's rising.

212/F1 is the only string I use off a JP. You can possibly sometimes manage to squeeze it in every now and then against someone who doesn't have Sheeva experience off a D3/D4, but yes it is easy to poke because of it's relatively slow speed and since it doesn't hit mid.

Plus on wake up if they tech roll and 212/F1 whiffs you're very prone to punishment. ❤

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
well I've found a couple of other odd ones, Surprisingly low grab did not seem to work on Cage's d3, but it did work on Quan Chi trying to do a wake up sky drop. Shouldn't this move be catching basically anyone that's down to ground level without being knocked down? d3's and d4's really should lose to this but so far Mileenas d4 seemed to miss, it Cage's d3 when I tried a couple of times in ranked earlier today. It did work on Sonya's D4 which I thought they were basically the same distance as Mileena's but Mileena has a lower hitbox I beleive.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
So it works either like a lot of options with characters that aren't that difficult of a match but the characters who have really annoying pokes and specials that beat her all around it seems to be very little help. :eek: