What's new

Most overused online tactics

Afumba

Noob
Shinnok teleport... Doesnt matter if it works or not... its a teleport! And Shinnok non ex-ed Shoulder charge cuz we are playing MK9 style.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Sub-Zero's B2 over and over and over and over again. Scorpion's OH Demon over and over again, even when you block it right in front of them. Jason's F42 even after they block it constantly
Same with erron blacks F13. 80 percent of the time online if you block that against EB they pretty much have no other gameplan

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
okay I get hit by random x rays all the time and yeah online play is just I don't think theres a word and also am I one one the only takedas who don't really just use his NJP ??

most atrocious online lag tactics: Mileena's MK9 heritage, shes soo good online, roll is a meterless wakeup that RARELY gets punished before it comes out, her moves seem way safer online. If you are very unfortunate and get to play "THE BRAZILIAN LAGOMANCER" this is Cryomancer Sub, played by a brazilian that plays on a 56 dial up connection and somehow slide is + on block and he mashes uppercut after it, you will allways get hit by it after trying to punish the slide, if you find someone doing this online, its a brazilian they are the only ones that can lag that bad.

omooba

fear the moobs
It's no secret MKX online is... Laughable to say the least. There are pretty much 2 metas at this point on for online and one for off. In this online meta, players are able to play the game in a way that simply would not lead to results offline. It also seems that certain characters have a particular way that all players play them in an online environment, some more annoying and head scratching then others.

Mileena: Roll after blocked Roll
Usually when I get a flipkick blocked as Cassie, I'm holding block praying I don't get punished. Clearly I'm doing it wrong. I should take a page out of mileena's book, and do another yolo roll after the first one is blocked.

Kitana: D1 after blocked point blank fan.
I know I'm -8 after a fan is blocked, but this is online MKX, where frames go to die, let me just D1 to continue my offense.

Kung Jin/ Ferra Torr: NJ punch
I love match starts against online Kung Jins. There is nothing more predictable then a match start against Kung Jin. NJ punch FTW. I'm pretty sure Jin has a lower back tattoo dedicated to NJ punches. And why Torr is allowed to swing Ferra around like a rag doll is beyond me. Someone please call child services and report this brute.

Full Auto Jacqui: Gunshots
Not much explanation needed here. It's always a treat though to see how the react once you're in their face.

Whole cast: pokes
Block fan? Poke. Kotal blocked shoulder charge? Poke. -7? poke. -11? Poke. Poke gets blocked? Poke again. Seriously the online scenes obsession with poking is very much real.

This are just a few. What do you think? What are scrub online tactics do you see the most often?
you'd be suprised how often this works offline at majors. how many times has a clutch match ended in four pokes lol. considering jacqui's walk speed why wouldn't u walk back gunshot offline. lastly if u can't punish the roll idk what to say. i mean in extreme lag i understand, otherwise idk man idk.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It's no secret MKX online is... Laughable to say the least. There are pretty much 2 metas at this point on for online and one for off. In this online meta, players are able to play the game in a way that simply would not lead to results offline. It also seems that certain characters have a particular way that all players play them in an online environment, some more annoying and head scratching then others.

Mileena: Roll after blocked Roll
Usually when I get a flipkick blocked as Cassie, I'm holding block praying I don't get punished. Clearly I'm doing it wrong. I should take a page out of mileena's book, and do another yolo roll after the first one is blocked.

Kitana: D1 after blocked point blank fan.
I know I'm -8 after a fan is blocked, but this is online MKX, where frames go to die, let me just D1 to continue my offense.

Kung Jin/ Ferra Torr: NJ punch
I love match starts against online Kung Jins. There is nothing more predictable then a match start against Kung Jin. NJ punch FTW. I'm pretty sure Jin has a lower back tattoo dedicated to NJ punches. And why Torr is allowed to swing Ferra around like a rag doll is beyond me. Someone please call child services and report this brute.

Full Auto Jacqui: Gunshots
Not much explanation needed here. It's always a treat though to see how the react once you're in their face.

Whole cast: pokes
Block fan? Poke. Kotal blocked shoulder charge? Poke. -7? poke. -11? Poke. Poke gets blocked? Poke again. Seriously the online scenes obsession with poking is very much real.

This are just a few. What do you think? What are scrub online tactics do you see the most often?
I'm sorry, but if you're getting hit by a roll after blocking a roll just.... Idk.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
most atrocious online lag tactics: Mileena's MK9 heritage, shes soo good online, roll is a meterless wakeup that RARELY gets punished before it comes out, her moves seem way safer online. If you are very unfortunate and get to play "THE BRAZILIAN LAGOMANCER" this is Cryomancer Sub, played by a brazilian that plays on a 56 dial up connection and somehow slide is + on block and he mashes uppercut after it, you will allways get hit by it after trying to punish the slide, if you find someone doing this online, its a brazilian they are the only ones that can lag that bad.
Waking up with regular roll is legit, but riskier than EX roll, so it's RARELY used, at least against someone that knows what's up, if you think your oponent will go for a high move, grab or slow move, regular roll will beat all of them. It's also good against people who cross you up when you're cornered.