What's new

Most/Longest You've Ever Played a Game In One Sitting

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I was thinking about this earlier and thought it was an interesting idea.

If you don't wanna read all of it, I don't blame you. I added cliffs at the bottom for each story.

Back when I had my Xbox, I would play Gears of War or COD Black Ops almost every weekend night from 7 P.M-1 or 2 A.M depending on how it went. However this is absolutely nothing compared to my childhood.

Two major instances come immediately to mind, so I'll go in chronological order.

1). (This happened when I was 4-5 years old) I had just gotten my first ever "real" video game disk from my uncle and it was called Centipede. Now I know what you're all thinking, that I must be talking about the old school arcade game that everyone used to play in the mall or local pizza joint, but no. This was an obscure remake made by Atari and had most likely never sold over 10,000 units. But because I was a silly child none of this mattered to me, and I commenced to play my very own video game with the attempt of beating it. But once again, I was only a silly child and my brain and body could hardly keep up with the motor skill requirements of shooting with a PC mouse. Luckily my sister, 2.5 years my senior, saw me failing miserably and also took a genuine interest in the game. So with her higher level of motor skills, she took the front seat and did the job I could never do.

We played for countless hours almost everyday and my sister eventually got quite good at it, I would always be at her side cheering her on, like that one little brother from "Jurassic Park" who cheered his sister on as she hacked the computers to lock the doors and stuff. Eventually, we reached a boss-fight that was beyond fucking insanity and took us over 3 days and 18 child-hours to complete. Finally my sister pulled through and we advanced on to the next level, however our victory was short lived as our centipede disk promptly decided to Explode In Our Computer. Even when we tried to explain this to my dad, he was absolutely mind fucked to how simple children could use a disk so much that it could explode, and unfortunately that was the tragic ending to my first owned video game

CLIFFS
*First Ever video game: "Centipede(1998)
*I suck balls at it since I'm only 4 or 5
*My sister is older and takes pity on me, and decides to play
*We play alot
*We play so much, the game disk explodes in our PC
*WTFManSloth.jpg*

The second story, isn't as exciting but is still pretty impressive

2)When I was around 8-10, I bought "1080 Avalanche", for my gamecube. The game truly did suck, but since I was a kid I had to make due with whatever I got. Now the impressive part of this story is that I never owned a memory card for my gamecube when I had this game. So every time I played it I tried to see how far I could get, but I would always find a time when someone would interrupt me and my time would be over. But one day, both my parents and my sister were out to some bull-shit party and I decided to stay at home and try to finish the game. I started from the beginning and lasted about 14-15 hours before I finally beat the game. At that particular time I didn't know that you had to have a memory card while playing on the Ps2 or Gamecube so I just thought like "Cool, I beat the game". It was only until 2 months later when my friends told me that I was supposed to use a memory card. For 3 weeks, people at school saw me as a god for being able to complete games without memory cards, it was pretty cool while it lasted.

CLIFFS
*I'm like 8 and have a gamecube but no memory card
*I buy the game "1080 Avalanche"
*One day, I'm completely free and beat the game in 14 hours
*2 months later, my friends tell me that memory cards exist
*Uw0tm8.jpg*

So yeah, you guys don't have to write the wall of china. But I'd like to hear of your impressive gaming feats

When I was addicted to Gears of War 1, I used to play from like when I woke up to 1-2 in the morning, usually Pubs and Clan matches. I played a fair amount like that for all Gears but not long term.

Same goes for WoW. 12 hours plus.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Properly mk 1 and 2 on the snes.when I used to go and stay with my dad he let me play that shit from 5pm till 5am the next day.used to play smackdown hctp with a house mate for like 6-7 hours straight but since then I haven't really had the desire to play anything for that long.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
MW2 played from like 9 am to 6 am the following day. I'm not sure that counts or not tho cause we took turns in between matches, but it was non stop playing.

Sami

Noob
Ghostbusters on the Mega Drive (I was like 8). Started at 8pm, next thing I know it's 8am just as I finally beat the game. Received bollocking from mother.

Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast. Started 7pm, finished the game at 9am the following morning with no break. Did not know so much time had passed until about 7am when I saw daylight happen. Thought "fuck it" and kept playing.

Guild Wars 2 launch day: think it was an 18 hour stint.

Many many lost evenings/nights/mornings playing Rome Total War.

It was either FFVI, Chrono Cross, Suikoden II or Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome. I don't know the exact number of hours but back then I could easily spend entire days farming/grinding.

More recently I've spent a lot of time in Borderlands 2 trying to farm for some legendary guns. Drop rates were pathetic.

Never played an MMO in my life.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I beat Knights of the Old Republic 2 in one sitting when I got to the disappointing ending I said to my self never again.
holy shit i know you didn't do all the side quests on top of all that? i mean it took me 10 hours to do all of nar shadda's quests alone. that was the first time i played it though, now its a little easier knowing what to do.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I'm sure something outrageous like 18-20 hours. When i'm enjoying a game I don't ever stop playing it. Which is terrible for trying to get good because I burn myself out on whatever i'm playing within a few weeks.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
holy shit i know you didn't do all the side quests on top of all that? i mean it took me 10 hours to do all of nar shadda's quests alone. that was the first time i played it though, now its a little easier knowing what to do.
I probably didn't do them all it was my first playthrough and I didnt have any sort of guide. I definitely remember having a really tough time in that Nar Shadaa quest where you have to play as Mira that fucking wookie kept handing me my ass.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I probably didn't do them all it was my first playthrough and I didnt have any sort of guide. I definitely remember having a really tough time in that Nar Shadaa quest where you have to play as Mira that fucking wookie kept handing me my ass.
yeah man she sucks lol i got her to a jedi and i made a mistake of putting her on the group to attack the sith base on dxun with mandalore and handmaiden and now am pretty much stuck at that point trying to beat it :(

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I once played for like 12-15 hours straight trying to get one world record on Super Meat Boy. Only got 2nd though :(